Assassin Gear and Guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: Karush.4207

Karush.4207

I’ve been playing for a little while and a thought crossed my mind. Why is berserker gear king? Assassin gear gives a higher critical rate with just a small loss in power, and rampager gear trades higher critical damage for making the flames that guardians naturally cause twice as effective. Is there a lot of enemies immune to critical hits in the game or am I missing some strategy?

Any and all insight would be appreciated.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vandy.5693

Vandy.5693

I believe zerker is taken over assassin generally because you get the extra precision via things like fury, banners, spotter etc so you get the best of both worlds. I forget exactly the stat distribution of rampagers but the best condi gear is sinister/viper. Someone may elaborate on that.

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

Someone did the math when Assassin gear came out, the lower power equated to a considerable loss of damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: Garimeth.8725

Garimeth.8725

I actually remember reading that it is a fairly minor difference between assassin and zerker, with zerker being slightly better.

As far as rampagers, i think that would be mediocre.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Someone did the math when Assassin gear came out, the lower power equated to a considerable loss of damage.

This depends on your setup & was also due to the fact that some things you just couldn’t critically hit.

The later part has been mostly changed since then as most objects can be crit & are effected by conditions now.

All this being said if you have the right group set up & use a mixture of assassins it is entirely possible to reach 100% critical chance thus far outweighing the power loss.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

The way power scales compared to to the crit damage which is affected by the higher crit chance makes it worth more.
When talking about group stuff. It is always calculated, that you have fury, banners, food and maybe spotter. This means you only have to reach a specific amount of crit chance by yourself.

Even going full assassins for open world prolly ends up in a damage loss. I dont have numbers, but as I said before, power is really important.