Asura Using Orb of Light

Asura Using Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Hi guys, I just switched to staff from septer/shield, and a reason I hadn’t really made that transition before is because orb of light will always go into the ground. What I mean by that, is the skill will go on the 3 second cooldown because it failed. I was wondering if this was happening because I’m Asura

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Asura Using Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: Cave Rock.4869

Cave Rock.4869

Possibly, the same thing happens to my Asura Guardian when i am using the scepter. Mostly when i am not hitting a mob/npc. When i am actually hitting a npc it travels in a path as if it will hit. Line of sight has been a problem with the guardian range weapon. Especially with regard to vertical axis.

Blue Voltron – Level 80 Asura
Guardian of Gaiscioch [GSCH] and (XFX)
Guild Wars 2 Path of Fire YouTube video at https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iJSEycMUDhY

Asura Using Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

The idea is good, but in practice its ridic trying to make it work

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Asura Using Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: Poplik.8697

Poplik.8697

on my norn, when I don’t have a target the orb will fail too.

Asura Using Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

It’s not just for Asura, but for all professions (using Projectiles) of all races. The “manual” targeting of these attacks are tied to your camera view. So if you’re looking at your character in the typical 3rd person view, i.e. slightly above the head looking down, then that’s the path your Orb of Light will travel. If you pan your camera all the way down such that it’s centered on the back of your character, then the Orb will travel parallel to the ground.

Yes, it’s ridiculous.

Asura Using Orb of Light

in Guardian

Posted by: Psaakyrn.5794

Psaakyrn.5794

Ridiculous until they give us a FPS option..