(BUILD) Selfish Guardian?

in Guardian

Posted by: Azuriel.9137

Azuriel.9137

Everyone will have to bear with me on this post, I’ve never done this before >_<

Also, I haven’t seen this anywhere, and based on what the playstyle felt like, I am dubbing this “Selfish Guardian” until someone finds this build elsewhere >_>

I’ve recently come up with a build and so far it seems to be working. I haven’t seen it posted anywhere else, but that’s not to say some others are not already using it. Anyways, I will post the build and gear below and was wondering if someone out there, hopefully besides me, could take it for a test run and help me better it. Put yourself in multiple situations to get the full feel for the build. Push it to the limits.

Protector’s Impact – Greatsword Power – Zealous Blade
Zeal – 30-(III)— (VII)—(XII)

Radiance – 0

Valor – 0
Writ of Exaltation – Writ of Persistence – Writ of the Merciful
Honor – 30—-(III)—(VII)—(X)
Unscathed Contender
Virtues – 10— (I)

Gear-
All armor pieces specs are power/toughness/vitality, power being the highest stat. All equipped with Superior Rune of the Soldier. The runes stats are vit and tough, with the sixth stat being “Shouts remove a condition”

All accessories are sapphire orichalcum, stats being power/tough/healing power. Each also equipped with exquisute sapphire jewel, again, healing/power/tough. ((Still working on getting my back piece))

Weapons-
Greatsword and Mace/Shield. Stats are Power/tough/healingpower

On my mace I have sigil of Life which gives +10 healing for every kill(stacks to 25)
Shield has Sigil of energy, which gives vigor when swapping to set while in combat.

And it seems I have forgot to put anything on my greatsword =0 will figure that out when i go back.

After all that my stats are as follows.

Power – 2003
Precision -941
Toughness -1668
Vitality -1605

Attack – 3103
Critical Chance – 5%
Armor – 2879
Health – 17695
(HealingPower) -940

Utilities
6 Signet of Resolve
7 Signet of Judgement
8 Stand Your Ground
9 Save Yourselves
0 Renewed Focus
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

I haven’t had a real chance to use it yet, being the holidays and all, but so far it hasn’t failed me. I soloed a champion ooze and his cronies, but that’s not really saying much. It took a bit but with all the mini heals i gather from GS attacks, my health was pretty much at a constant the whole time, until he stunned me, to which my health really never dropped below 50%. I also went to an area where there was a ridiculous amount of enemies, I believe at Temple of Grenth. The more enemies the more heals and seemed my health dropped even less. Of course, I switched to my mace/shield for more dodge ability and heals. I plan on touching up some dungeons to see how this works out.

If any guardians have the time or curiosity and want to give it a go and give me some input, I’d appreciate it.

(edited by Azuriel.9137)

in Guardian

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

Seems very tanky. What are you trying to accomplish with it?

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Guardian

Posted by: Azuriel.9137

Azuriel.9137

Well, I’ve been using Immortal for quite some time, focusing on keeping heals on myself and others, but my HP was only 14k. It was awesome, but I wanted somewhat of a change and to have some fun with my class. So I decided to switch it up. Now, I’m not worrying about rushing to heal someone. Instead, my health mostly doesn’t move(from what I have have seen in the few hours ive tried it.) All heals, big and small, are completely focused on me 100% of the time.

I guess it feels like more of a hybrid. Because it can tank very well and at the same time, I do incredible damage. At least that’s how it feels compared to what I have been doing. Of course there is always ways to build upon something making it better, which is what I’m looking for.

EDIT
I have just changed Unscathed Contender to “Vengeful” for longer retaliation.

Also, under Honor, I have switched to “Superior Aria” for quicker shouts and “Two handed mastery.”

(edited by Azuriel.9137)

in Guardian

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

If the idea is to have fun in open world PvE, you can try to gradually switch in more berzerker gears until you’re almost always dead but not quite down. If you can do full berzerkers and still soloing, start switching in magic find gear until you’re completely magic find.

You can tweak your build along the way as you see fit.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis