Bad players play War. Good ones play guard

in Guardian

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I saw this signature today in the forums. It made my day.

That’s all. Keep fighting the good fight. Anet may never nerf warriors since they all play them, but just got to remember that it takes no skill to play one. (Btw I have both and refuse to continue to play warrior because it is so OP).

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

yeah i gotta agree, i tried my friend war when i went round his, he uses the standard 30,25,0,0,15 build. I didn’t even bother dodging half the time as the signet is so op, just stood there and cycle through rotations, warrior is such a brain dead boring class

in Guardian

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Yes because the sheer amount of guardians spamming staff auto supports your statement.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Guardian

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Yes because the sheer amount of guardians spamming staff auto supports your statement.

because there are SOOOO many guards that do that right? :P

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

because there are SOOOO many guards that do that right? :P

More than you know…. But specific LFG’s help a ton!

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i’ve seen some pretty awesome warriors, i have to say. regardless of if their class is easy to play.

and i’ve seen some pretty crap Guardians out there as well. i may or may not be referring to myself at certain times. ; ))

added – disclaimer: i do what i can and will always keep on fighting the good fight.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Justice.3608

Justice.3608

TBH I’ve seen a lot more crappier guardians than I see bad warriors.

The only bad warriors I’ve ever seen, are the ones that still play signet warrior @lvl 80.

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

The only bad warriors I’ve ever seen, are the ones that still play signet warrior @lvl 80.

Or the one’s who never switch off greatsword!? Those are the ones that hurt me the most… You have fast hands for a reason! Make use of it… So sad….

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Guardian

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

I have seen more than a few good warrior players, granted, with the number I see of them in relation to other classes, this statement might have some truth, but is not the rule. You have poor players on every class, it just so happens it shows less on warrior.

I have found very few warriors who will stay and fight me, most run right off or take off 5 seconds into the fight when their health drops to 25% and I am still over 80%. About a month ago I ran into a warrior trying to take a camp, ran in and he took off and I followed, after his skills came off CD and his health back up (I am guessing) he turned around and engaged….We fought for a long kitten time, well over 10mins of non stopped bashing each other before I had a finger forget where it should have been and missed timing on my heal and got downed. Had I not screwed up, I am not sure either of us would have won without the other making a mistake, after he finished me he bowed twice and then saluted, so I am assuming he found it as good a fight as I did.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

there is obviously going to be good warriors, but on warrior you just cycle through rotation, on guard you do the same while watching other peoples health bars, timing aegis, using reflects at the right time

in Guardian

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

There are good and bad players playing every class.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezekel.6394

Ezekel.6394

there is obviously going to be good warriors, but on warrior you just cycle through rotation, on guard you do the same while watching other peoples health bars, timing aegis, using reflects at the right time

If your a mediocre Warrior, yeah its just cycle the rotation of DPS abilities, but its about the same with a mediocre Guardian.

A good warrior will be worried about when the best time to use that stun is, when to use his shouts, how to time his stances for maximum benifit, when to blow his adrenaline and when to wait.

Guardians do always have support skills, and warrior can very easily build to not have any but while I think it is fairly obvious that Guardian does have a higher base skill level both classes have plenty of room for high skill play.

in Guardian

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Right, because once you create a guard or war you are prevented from creating the other, thereby cementing your bad or good player status for the rest of time.

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Well, I suppose it’s simply more difficult to spot bad warrs than bad guards. If aegis/reflection is missing in the wrong moment, you’ll notice it because you can admire the wonderful ground textures. There is no equivalent for warrs.

In the end, I think that there will be roughly the same proportion of bad players in both classes. I’ve seen so many staff-campers, wannabe-shout-healers, useless hammer warrs and healways in dungeons that I couldn’t tell which ones were more frequent.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

You don’t need a degree to play a meditation guardian in pvp, be useful and have fun, though.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Guardian

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

Dumb thread considering there are still other classes that require far more skill to play well than Guardian. Yes this class may be less “difficult” to play than Warrior, but Guardian is still a very, very easy class.

Weird thing to brag about, I guess.

in Guardian

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

warriors are just stronger atm and so its easier to play at a higher level, so that statement is kinda true.. anet has always said that the skill cap on warrior is one of the lower ones. in the end a good guardian and warrior are about the same (there’s just a lot more “good warriors” since its much easier to do as I mentioned).

ofcourse im talking about pvp

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Guardian

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

That statement is kind of annoying considering there are many players that played warrior since the beginning, when they were nothing but an afterthought outside of PvE. Roaming in WvW was difficult because thieves could easily pick them apart, eles/guardians/rangers outsustained, mesmers, I need not say anything. Pretty much warriors were at a handicap and you had to really outplay your opponents and work to win. I just find it funny nowadays that warriors are now the ones being complained about

Back then Guardians were pretty much just a better version of warriors with almost decent damage output but 10x the sustain. I’ve played a warrior since the beginning and still remains my main to this day, no matter what happens to it. People can say w/e about warriors and keep the complaints up. Anet will probably listen and Warriors will be right back at the bottom and people will move on to the next class. They really are one huge sustain nerf away from mediocrity.

I just don’t get the point of this thread, as if all warriors became warriors overnight after a few buffs.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Guardian

Posted by: notabot.3497

notabot.3497

On my warrior, I’m complete glass (PVE/dungeon), if I miss a Dodge, I either die 1-2 hits, or I survive and hope my heal is available.

On my guardian, also complete glass for same reasons, If I miss a dodge aegis usually gets it. Or I have protection up so its not a big hit. If the above aren’t true I probably get downed in 1-2 hits. But if not I can refresh aegis, go into invul mode to refresh virtues, pop shouts, spam blinds, use blocks…. Yeah, guardians are way easier to play IMHO. I play both classes in PVE/dungeon only and I have to say warriors are harder to play correctly, they have less margin for errors.

It is why guardians are turning into the ultimate PUG class in my experience.

in Guardian

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

On my warrior, I’m complete glass (PVE/dungeon), if I miss a Dodge, I either die 1-2 hits, or I survive and hope my heal is available.

On my guardian, also complete glass for same reasons, If I miss a dodge aegis usually gets it. Or I have protection up so its not a big hit. If the above aren’t true I probably get downed in 1-2 hits. But if not I can refresh aegis, go into invul mode to refresh virtues, pop shouts, spam blinds, use blocks…. Yeah, guardians are way easier to play IMHO. I play both classes in PVE/dungeon only and I have to say warriors are harder to play correctly, they have less margin for errors.

It is why guardians are turning into the ultimate PUG class in my experience.

so what does this prove..? other than that you know how to play one class moderately well but not the other. I run full glass on both my war and guard (for PvE), downed more often on my guard coz of a lower health pool.. granted that i do main my war. I’ll also admit that guards do have a slightly easier time staying alive (their blinds/blocks/prot etc.) But not that hard to stay alive on war either.. if you use evades on GS as well as Endure Pain etc. when/if you need it (comparable to guards invul anyway). Also a friendly tip, I find Surge better for dungs as i do take the occasional huge hits which HS cant outheal.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

in Guardian

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

Warriors gonna be warriors. Guardians gonna be guardians. Make love not war. Can’t we all just get along?

in Guardian

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

Warriors gonna be warriors. Guardians gonna be guardians. Make guard not war. Can’t we all just get along?

Fixed for you!

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

in Guardian

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

After playing my warrior in a bunker builds in pvp… I am kind of apalled that it can do the job of holding the point and healing through damage better than my guard…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Guardian

Posted by: ricohman.7302

ricohman.7302

Ahhh good players play thief not the easy to survive war/guard. Think about what your saying op. Seriously after all the buffs yous have got while thieves get nerfed every month you think guards are good and wars bad players

in Guardian

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Ahhh good players play thief not the easy to survive war/guard. Think about what your saying op. Seriously after all the buffs yous have got while thieves get nerfed every month you think guards are good and wars bad players

Good players play Frenzy/HB warriors. Try to win with a highly telegraphed burst that works once per minute. Without all those fancy stances.

Craziest build ever.XD

Or might stacking glass war.

You are glass, deal sustained damage (not burst) and have to get in melee. Prepare to die.XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself