[Balance Project] Introduction/Discussion

in Guardian

Posted by: aelska.4609

aelska.4609

Yop,
Many of you have already read the patch note and doesn’t especially appreciate it. Many reasons are mentioned, but i fear they get forgotten after getting flooded in several threads.

We need to tell Anet what should get modified and how, clearly.
Therefore, I propose to work together on the guardian in an organized way:

1) We list the problems in one thread, the mother thread
2) We create one (and only one) thread by problem, with a specific name (ex: “[Balance Project] Shield”), hoping to find a good outcome.
3) We list these threads in the mother thread so none of them disappear as long as we keep the mother’s link.
4) We gently propose the result to the dev, with some cookies.

Some “rules” has to be kept in mind if we want it to work:

- The idea is not to make the guardian the new OP class but to help build’s diversity via weapon/skills/traits and not only “bunker/medi guard because only them are viable”.

- Creative ideas are always funny but too many will literally kill the project. We won’t change the guard mechanic, we will just use what is already existing and we will modify it to make it more viable.

- Stay in the topic’s goal, if we speak about the shield we don’t care about modifying the sword.

Our main difficulty will be that everything is quite linked (skills/traits/weapons), we need to find the easiest balance way as first approach. We can propose an overall balance and skills change even if it’s not perfect. We will rework on it after it gets implemented.

We will need one or more chairman aswell to structure the project or the subthreads (we can design one chairman by problem to fix, it will grantly divides the amount of work to do). The designedchairman(s) will have to read the corresponding thread, to deal with the incoming ideas/solutions, and to lead to a reasonable outcome.
If some people are candidate, you are free to say it here. I’m not candidate but will gladly help you.

Guess it’s the comment time. Any comment ? People wanting to get involved in this project ? People that find it totally useless ? Feel free to speak.

If we launch the project, next thread will be the “mother thread” including the problem’s list.
Therefore, we are not approaching the guardian’s problems here. The goal of this thread is a discussion about the overall project (structure/organisation/ideas to lead to success).
We will launch the project only if Anet gives consideration and credit to it.

(edited by aelska.4609)

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Excellent initiative except if you look back, you’ll notice no developer has ever responded to these nor have they taken any suggestions into consideration. So as much as I and many others would love this, it seems pretty useless.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

They will fix us after 2 years of HoT. Don’t worry we are in a good spot.
(dev’s dont read our subforum)

in Guardian

aelska.4609

I propose to begin the project if and only if we get a positive answer in this thread from a dev. Better like this ?

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

I propose to begin the project if and only if we get a positive answer in this thread from a dev. Better like this ?

You will get precursor drop surely if they post on our subforum xD

in Guardian

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

You will get precursor drop surely if they post on our subforum xD

Hahahah this made me laugh

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in Guardian

aelska.4609

I’ve edited first post : about the chairman section, and added the Anet’s note on bottom.

Anet’s doesn’t especially read these subforums because they are plenty of ideas and useless stuff everywhere, here we propose them a clear summary resulting of “guard’s communauty discussion”. The only thing we need to be sure before beginning, in my opinion, is this thing :" We will launch the project only if Anet gives consideration and credit to it.".

Poking a dev to make him read the first post of this thread shouldn’t be that hard, i think. (and i never say no to a precursor)

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Wasn’t there supposed to be community forum representatives, whose job it was to compile information for ease of ingest for the devs?

Did we ever get one?

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Wasn’t there supposed to be community forum representatives, whose job it was to compile information for ease of ingest for the devs?

Did we ever get one?

Dude, don’t you get it, we are “in a good spot right now”. So stop asking. We are in good spot so don’t expect EVEN any bug-fixing, left alone anything else, because “we are good spot”. Don’t you know, our good spot trumps any bugs. Even if our characters walk upside down, or aegis clipping (oh wait, that’s already happening) they wont fix it, because, yes, you guessed it “we are in a good spot right now”.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Reguardless of if a Dev comes walking along and asks us to balance the game (which really what are the chances?) We need to do this anyways and have a viable solution to point to every time these issues come up again. And for the love of all that is Guardian can we start with shield? Q.Q

in Guardian

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

Lol we’ve tried for 3 years and even talked to devs personally. But NOTHING was taken into account. 3 YEARS. Nada. It’s a waste of time and so is this despicable class we all used to love.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in Guardian

Silhouette.5631

Also can we make it a rule to keep the negative energy elsewhere? I feel that’s what mapchat is for. Not forums

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Not so much negativity but rather a realization. Anything else is just blind ignorance.

in Guardian

Silhouette.5631

So yeah lets start with shield

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

So yeah lets start with shield

lol

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

A dev walks into a bar…..and see a room full of guardian shields….and suddenly realizes its not a bar its a dump yard.

:)

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

They won’t do anything. They never did before and they won’t do now. There is no reason to try.

We already complained a lot of time before about the flaws. What hapened? Nothing. “The class is in a good place”. kitten the bad skills and bad traits.

Sincerely, I’m tired of this. I just won’t play as Guardian any more. It once was my favored class, now is dead.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Silhouette.5631

So who would like to help me out with shield?

in Guardian

Silhouette.5631

HAHAHAHA check the release notes they just buffed shield. Im awsome

in Guardian

Silhouette.5631

So next order of business. I personaly have an issue with the new radiance line and with the meditations trait but Im guessing theres some more important stuff to look at?

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Just because the shield got a cooldown buff, does not make it useable (beyond being back up to WoR at Triple Trouble).

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Yay! More cooldown reduction

NO. ????

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

I don’t think cookies work on devs. They have a stocked kitchen in their office.

Some items for discussion if you want to start this:

• Shield abilities/trait Shield abilities, particularly #4 lack a big impact when used. The trait isn’t worth using.
  • Better organization of traits Most traits were left in their current lines where the old goal was to spread functionality. With the specialization system, traits which adjust similar abilities or roles should be condensed into a single line.
  • Why was virtue active range nerfed?
  • Soft CC for PvP Being primarily a melee profession without abundant access to snares/roots or high mobility never works well.
  • Spirit Weapons Do they have any use besides shield in some PvE encounters?
Kirrena Rosenkreutz

(edited by Exedore.6320)