Balanced Build No: 278 lol

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloodclot.4896

Bloodclot.4896

Done a lot, and I do mean a LOT of testing etc on the pro’s and con’s of everything before I settled on this build. You may have seen my previous threads

My aim is simple, to kill the enemy quicker than they can kill you: You would be hard pushed to find a better 1 v 1 build, feel free to quote me !

weaps are my own personnel preference as is signet of resolve !!!

please comment, any tricks you think I’m missed? I do use bloodlust on my water weapon.

The 2 condition removal sigils work very well together on weapon switch as the 10 sec weapon switch timer unsures they are ready for a proc.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAR7el0Apao97wbI8DRRDRljNYfBRQXe9B8ABAA-TFDGABut/wRK9kTHgRKDS7CAQlSw30MIo6KNcQAYUlCAeAAHcEACAgA4n/8n/8n/sbezbezbezyAYOGA-w

what would you change? please say, always looking for different approaches.

in Guardian

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

clerics for 1-1? dont really feel it
and why signet? shelter gives block that can save your kitten . signet casting can be easily interrupted

in Guardian

Bloodclot.4896

wow, good timing, 5 minutes since you posted

I use to run a mix of nothing but soldier / clerics and trust me the mix of good toughness and healing can really help you bunker up. I know where your coming from though thats why I only use it on one weapon switch now. This actually helps you in tight corners, a switch to my scepter / shield boosts armour and healing. Even regen thats already been caste starts to tick higher numbers. The garenteed dodge roll is stronger as is my main heal. I tend to switch weapons a lot during fights so maybe not as good for some playstyles though. I consider scepter as a hard hitting melee weapon that can be used as ranged.

Yea I know shelter is good, really I’ve used it a lot and it tends to be my heal skill of choice in spvp. However for me the pro’s of signet outway the pro’s of shelter.

1. larger heal
2. condition removal
3. doesn’t go into full cd if unblockable cc is given (this has ensured my death with shelter many times) instead its a quick 3 seconds.

there are many ways to ensure signet comes of, blind, aegis or blocks, a shield knockback also works. Although these days i do hit it before it becomes totally needed, as in if it doesn’t come straight away, its won’t mean certain death. Again a switch to my scepter / shield will give me that knockback and make it even stronger.

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

That’s not a bad idea. I like scepter/gs myself.

Although I noted you didn’t bother with Judge’s Intervention. Is it difficult catching people/getting away with only your GS leap as mobility skill?

Also, a key reason why people take shelter isn’t just because it’s unblockable but also helps guard against spikes. Since you are fairly tanky, do you think it’s enough to withstand the worst spikes you’d usually encounter? I do get that SoR is good against necros who make a mockery out of shelter. :S

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

I believe (with high confidence) that if two guardians just stand still, use swords press 1 and hit each other. Given everything else to be the same, then the one wearing full soldier will kill the other one first if the other one is not wearing full soldier. XD

Not sure if that’s what you would want though again XD

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

IMO, being a hybrid Shout / Med, you are missing out on the powerful things that you get by going full med or full shout.

Missing from Med:

• Teleport
  • Fury

Missing from Shout:

• Stability
  • Low cooldown Stun-break

May I ask the reason you get meditations?

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

in Guardian

Bloodclot.4896

JI quite tricky to use if your trying to run away, something I rarely do, I can be lying downed on the floor with 10% health, still shouting “TIS BUT A SCATCH”

It is a good skill though and I by no means stick to the one’s in the link 100% of the time, having a 20% cd reduction on both shouts and meds is useful for quick skill changes.

And I think I need to add that if I’m running in a zerg I do pop shelter on, its amazing in those head on zerg vs zerg collisions.

in Guardian

Bloodclot.4896

lol Stars

> Fireize. I went for meds because a 100% shout build wasn’t doing it for me anymore. If offers much better healing and a small dps gain as well as slightly better condition removal. I use the toughness to prec trait over fury because I have so much toughness, it gives me7% overall crit chance, the build page shows only 6%, not sure why that is. Anyway overall sec for sec the prec gain is the victor, and thats before I counter in SY which pairs up very nicely with CoP.

in Guardian

Bloodclot.4896

The lack of stability is a sore sacrifice, it does go on from time to time, although I’m starting to miss it less.

in Guardian

xFireize.6318

lol Stars

> Fireize. I went for meds because a 100% shout build wasn’t doing it for me anymore. If offers much better healing and a small dps gain as well as slightly better condition removal. I use the toughness to prec trait over fury because I have so much toughness, it gives me7% overall crit chance, the build page shows only 6%, not sure why that is. Anyway overall sec for sec the prec gain is the victor, and thats before I counter in SY which pairs up very nicely with CoP.

Maybe you’ll be interested in my build: Havoc Squad Amplifier. IMO it provides better DPS gain and condi removals than going med. It performs well for 1v1.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend

in Guardian

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

3k armor seems to be a thing but I would skim that down to about 2.8-2.9k and try to squeeze some more damage in there.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Guardian

Bloodclot.4896

> Fireize.. that looks a lot like the build i used prior to this 1, although my traits where 0/5/10/30/25 and my runes where a mix to give me 45% boon duration. And yea its good for 1 v1 but really shines in small groups.

>oZii.. Easy to achieve that is you wanted, switch out clerics for zealot if you wanted to keep some healing power or just change some rings / trinkets for zerkers.

in Guardian

xFireize.6318

> Fireize.. that looks a lot like the build i used prior to this 1, although my traits where 0/5/10/30/25 and my runes where a mix to give me 45% boon duration. And yea its good for 1 v1 but really shines in small groups.

I never used the mix and match runes. But if they were similar, then going to med definitely doesn’t give you better condition removal.

Yup, hence the name.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend

in Guardian

Bloodclot.4896

OK there were quite a few differences and using 2 condition removal sigils wasn’t even an option then. I did use PoV, sigil of purity and absolute res. I didnt use lemongrass or the second sigil.

I now have better removal from my sigils, and 1 on a 16sec cd as well as a full clean, there’s not a lot in it tbh. Do think your build is maybe a touch overkill, if thats possible. It does look good !