Balancing Vigorous Precision

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Know what I’ve been saying since beta?

FIX OUR GD WEAPONS. I mean every time I cast sword 3 I break another keyboard through the rage it causes me.

Our weapons have several issues.

I just had a fight with another Guardian on a capture point, my Leap of Faith took me in the completely opposite direction to my target three times during the fight, resulting in it being neutralised as I leapt off the point away from him.

Utterly ridiculous and it’s been like that since beta.

They need to fix it, or just make it a teleport.

Smite is a hilarious example of PvE vs PvP design, in PvE against mobs that don’t move with large hit-boxes this is a huge damage skill.
In PvP it’s a terrible skill that lands 2 or 3 strikes out of 15.
It’s a similar story with the auto-attack.

I fear that Jon Peters balances our weapons against target golems and thinks ‘mmmmm it’s got good damage’ but he’s never actually used any of them in mobile combat against actual players.

in Guardian

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Know what I’ve been saying since beta?

FIX OUR GD WEAPONS. I mean every time I cast sword 3 I break another keyboard through the rage it causes me.

Our weapons have several issues.

I just had a fight with another Guardian on a capture point, my Leap of Faith took me in the completely opposite direction to my target three times during the fight, resulting in it being neutralised as I leapt off the point away from him.

Utterly ridiculous and it’s been like that since beta.

They need to fix it, or just make it a teleport.

Smite is a hilarious example of PvE vs PvP design, in PvE against mobs that don’t move with large hit-boxes this is a huge damage skill.
In PvP it’s a terrible skill that lands 2 or 3 strikes out of 15.
It’s a similar story with the auto-attack.

I fear that Jon Peters balances our weapons against target golems and thinks ‘mmmmm it’s got good damage’ but he’s never actually used any of them in mobile combat against actual players.

Same thing with zealot defense, when i fight another one-handed sword guardian and he use it i just side walk to avoid almost all the damage. Is pretty frustrating.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Nerfing VP will destroy Glassier builds that do not take any combination of our current meta in WvW / PvP: 30 in Valor or 15 in Honor

End of Story.

GET US OUT OF THESE 2 TREE’s…. We’ve been saying it since beta…

Do this, then a swap of VP & EP would be completely justified.

I agree with you to a extent. With the current state of guardian, nerfing vp would destroy tons of builds. However this points to a very valid concern, that guardian has a over reliance on vp.

When you remove vp it magnifies defective designs with the class. Which are the normal complaints we see: low health pool, no mobility and no cc. In order to nerf vp they will have to buff other areas to compensate. For example, there is a 90% reliance upon vp for mitigation. It would have to be nerfed to a 30% reliance but the other 60% is allocated in other areas of mitigation like aegis, block, protection up time, blinds, weakness and healing.

Its very doubtful that Anet will increase guardian’s health pool or give mobility. CC is possible though.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Nerfing VP will destroy Glassier builds that do not take any combination of our current meta in WvW / PvP: 30 in Valor or 15 in Honor

End of Story.

GET US OUT OF THESE 2 TREE’s…. We’ve been saying it since beta…

Do this, then a swap of VP & EP would be completely justified.

I agree with you to a extent. With the current state of guardian, nerfing vp would destroy tons of builds. However this points to a very valid concern, that guardian has a over reliance on vp.

When you remove vp it magnifies defective designs with the class. Which are the normal complaints we see: low health pool, no mobility and no cc. In order to nerf vp they will have to buff other areas to compensate. For example, there is a 90% reliance upon vp for mitigation. It would have to be nerfed to a 30% reliance but the other 60% is allocated in other areas of mitigation like aegis, block, protection up time, blinds, weakness and healing.

Its very doubtful that Anet will increase guardian’s health pool or give mobility. CC is possible though.

The bigger issue is this. If they up CC where will they put it? Because the builds that get hit the hardest by these crappy and I do mean crappy ideas is the ones they least expect to be impacted. Glass builds will suffer the most and it is very unlikely well see more CC added to sword to compensate. For that matter the main complaint is again based in Spvp and the overall discussion has very little say about PvE/WvW where a major change to VP wouldn’t only be unjustified but would put many of our glassier builds on the shelf.

Right now we maybe the best mid bunker but kitten we aren’t the only ones and by far the least offensive while doing it.

There is a perception that something needs to be nerfed. Truth is players are getting antsy watching so many traits being moved on other classes and wanting some sort of nerf for all. Fact is unless they plan to grossly improve our weapons and CC without impacting glass builds there is no need to touch VP.

Punishing every build for our now nerfed so many times we cannot count bunkers is simply stupid.

The trait that only work when we can actually hit the target that allows glass builds with as much HP as thieves but no stealth and less sticking power should be nerfed? Really?

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Guardian

Posted by: Sachit.9753

Sachit.9753

I know this is not a realistic game, but do they really think it was easy dodging in plate armor back in the medieval times.

Do you think one could swim with it?

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

I know this is not a realistic game, but do they really think it was easy dodging in plate armor back in the medieval times.

My asura guardian serves as a flotation device in the event of an emergency

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Zerole.7306

Zerole.7306

Scary thought: ANet really likes the idea of AH and doesn’t expect us to dodge much anymore.

I understand some folks like AH, but that would make me hang it up on the guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Periclitor.1892

Periclitor.1892

Hehe no not really, but then again we dont have traits to improve our swim speed ^^.

And AH would be kewl if it were passive. aka no trait, Not saying it should be but kitten son. That would be awesome.

Periclltor – Guardian
Account and Char® name could
be the same, Profanity!?

in Guardian

Posted by: Radjan Majere.4208

Radjan Majere.4208

Consensus here is right; you can’t take away this trait if you don’t give a lot of survivability in return.

I also wanted to make one thing clear: you can’t perma-dodge just because you have perma-vigor. Once your “preloaded” 2 dodges are spent, even if you had absolute 100% uptime on vigor (which you can’t though you can get close with high crit and staff auto or well timed multi-hit skills when they’re not on cooldown) you would be limited to 1 dodge every 5s, and vigor doesn’t stack with the food buff. (which IS perma-vigor, and yet I don’t see other classes using that "OP vigor food…. so why is THIS the thing they want to “fix” on the guardian again?)

Easy access to vigor, combined with the heal on dodge trait, is critical to my survivability and to my healing output for the team. I’m fine with moving it up or reducing it… but it definitely needs to come with some pretty nice easy-access buffs to the problems with the class that it is not-quite masking.