Base health.

Base health.

in Guardian

Posted by: McCordRM.8670

McCordRM.8670

Guardians get lower base health than Rangers, Engineers and Mesmers??
WTF? I thought Guardians were heavy armor, frontline type guys. Why the crappy health numbers?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Health

Base health.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zingery.2073

Zingery.2073

Because Anet likes to nerf us.
We got more armor, and therefore we get less health. Also it kinda helps that we have a thousand dmg mitigation and block skills.

Base health.

in Guardian

Posted by: Grakor.3450

Grakor.3450

It’s a balancing mechanic. Guardians have so much inherent defense in their skill-sets that the lower health is needed to prevent them from being too durable. As it is, we’re already harder to kill than warriors anyway.

Base health.

in Guardian

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

The reason we have the small hp pool is because were total beasts. If given middle hp we would be demi-gods. If they lost there minds and gave us the highest tier we would be gods as things sit.

Base health.

in Guardian

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Oh it’s this thread again… doing a search?

Base health.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aramanth.1546

Aramanth.1546

Basically, we’re shuckle after a few acupressures.

Base health.

in Guardian

Posted by: Chaz.1835

Chaz.1835

I thought our low hp pool was kind of ridiculous. Why not just make us have more base vitality and scaling than the squishy classes but still less than the warrior? Warrior still have more damage and health, but we get more toughness and block skills.

Base health.

in Guardian

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

It should be pointed out that even with those “crappy health numbers” a Guardian that is actually played well will survive far longer and easier then every other class while providing some of the best support any class has to offer and also still pumping out respectable damage.

Giving them health on par with a warrior for example would render both the Guardian OP as hell and also risk rendering Warriors near worthless.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Base health.

in Guardian

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

Basically, we’re shuckle after a few acupressures.

I laughed at this joke, then felt ashamed.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians