Battle Presence (broken Grandmaster trait)

in Guardian

Posted by: Clem.2963

Clem.2963

I was really looking forward to unlocking the Battle Presence trait on my Guardian but am pretty disappointed to find out it’s broken and only about half as effective as it should be.

I went to the Wiki to see what’s up and found a bit of an explanation.

From the Wiki:
“The following bug may not be exclusive to Guardians using both Battle Presence and having invested points in the Virtue trait tree as originally thought. Original report: When Battle Presence is utilized on a Guardian with one or more points spent in the Virtue tree, the increased boon duration from the Virtue tree causes the Virtue of Resolve (VoR) boon on allies to last longer and overlap its own refreshes. Since the VoR boon is a nonstacking boon, it causes the Immune message to appear and is not not reapplied until the previous VoR boon expires. The lapse in VoR duration due to timing overlap is estimated to make this trait less effective by 50-66% of the healing it should really provide.”

Just wondering if anyone has seen comment from ANet on this?

in Guardian

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

From my own use of this skill i only see the immune option show up when there at full hp. Once they have take damage this skill seems to work properly.

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

Works fine in combat from what I’ve seen.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

How this trait works: Every 3 seconds it’ll apply a boon to nearby allies (up to 5 if I recall correctly) that grants a 3 second boon that regenerates health.

What’s bugging it: Exactly when the 3 seconds are over, it tries to re-apply to nearby allies, but if it detects the ally already has the boon, it shows “Immune”.
That’s probably made this way to avoid stacking, or a 20 mob of Guardians with this trait would be invincible.

This bug will happen even if you don’t have any extra boon duration.

Elementalists have a similar skill called Soothing Mists when they’re attuned to Water, except it applies a 10 second regen every 5, and it doesn’t stack with other Elementalists. I don’t know why they don’t fix the skill if they already have another exact example…

So no, it’s not working fine. And Immune shows everytime regardless of full HP or not.
Instead of giving a permanent health regen, it gives 3 sec health regen every 6 secs. That’s how it works currently.

in Guardian

Clem.2963

@Danicco

Thanks, that’s exactly what I’m finding when trying to use it. The heal is three seconds on, three seconds off.
It’s a pretty significant bug to the trait when you think that it’s only 50% as efficient as it should be.

in Guardian

Posted by: Poplik.8697

Poplik.8697

not to mention that seeing immune all the time is pretty annoying >.<

in Guardian

Posted by: redknight.8036

redknight.8036

Can someone verify if this is actually a boon granting trait and triggers Altruistic Healing?

in Guardian

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

I never noticed it triggering AH when i ran a 0,5,30,30,5 build.

in Guardian

Posted by: redknight.8036

redknight.8036

Right. Hence it is not a boon.
Oh well. Would be too overpowered, I guess.

in Guardian

Clem.2963

Though I’m grateful for the long list of fixes to all the professions, Battle presence was unfortunately not included in the list and is still broken…

in Guardian

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Yeah, it was one of the first stuff I tried (or the first, don’t remember) when the patch went live, before reading the announcement.

Maybe in the next bug fix patch in 3 months this gets some attention.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

I don’t know if this is a bug or intended but when you activate your virtue of resolve, your allies still get the passive regeneration while of course you don’t.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

I don’t know if this is a bug or intended but when you activate your virtue of resolve, your allies still get the passive regeneration while of course you don’t.

The wording of the trait can be read both ways, so I’m not sure if it’s a bug.

“Come on, hit me!”