Being useful in WvW

Being useful in WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

So atm my play style is kind of relaxed. I have strayed away from roaming and small groups and now want to focus on large zergs (eternal battlegrounds)

I wanted to know if I can be useful by supporting my team rather than being in the front of the group and fighting.

Things like: save yourselves, Hold the line, using a staff and healing breeze.

Am I offering anything to the group by doing this? I was hoping to just focus on keeping others alive.

Being useful in WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Shardun.4823

Shardun.4823

If I understand correctly, you want to take a healer role in zergs by sacrificing all your damage options and focus only in support ?

If that is the case, sure, it is viable if this is your playstyle, however (imo) the battles in zergs don’t last long enough to make a huge difference as a healer. But it is nice when you siege towers/keeps to heal the flame ram guys with dodge, symbols, courage book etc. Keep in mind though, that even with huge amounts of healing power, if the person next to you is a bad player or in a wrong position, you can’t keep him alive by yourself.

Personally, I would rather focus more on boon distribution in the group with boon duration runes/traits than focusing only on heals. Or get both healing power and boonduration.

Being useful in WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Oh okay then thanks. I guess I cannot do what I wanted to do then. I am going to go back to my offensive build.

Being useful in WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

Bigger symbols, full clerics, boon duration and staff and you are ready to roll baby. Drop dat symbol on dem fools and boon yo allies like dey were yo bros in arms.

Also wall of reflection. ALWAYS use wall of reflection in zerg fights.

(edited by Hicci.8761)

Being useful in WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

Wall of reflection and Stand your Ground or Hallowed ground (any stability really) and you are already helping out a great deal in zerg combat. Then if you can down players and not die (don’t give up rallies) and your already way ahead of the game

Being useful in WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Not getting downed in a zerg is really one of the most important things, as Mr Pin suggested. Rallying the enemy is treason.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.