Best Guardian sPvP build?!

in Guardian

Posted by: HermiBoi.4791

HermiBoi.4791

Watch this video to get all information about the best build you can ever use for a guardian in sPvP with mindwrecking stats!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGxcCMdR114

in Guardian

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Sorry, but this is a bad bunker build and a bad dps build combined. If you want a DPS build, go with a meditation build like Itty Bitty Bunker’s build. If you want a bunker build, go with something like this.

Also, the signet heal is a weak choice compared to shelter since it just opens you to getting interrupted.

in Guardian

Posted by: SilkySmooth.1574

SilkySmooth.1574

mindwrecking stats?

this is what i call mindwrecking:D

Attachments:

Gemcaster

(edited by SilkySmooth.1574)

in Guardian

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Sorry, but this is a bad bunker build and a bad dps build combined. If you want a DPS build, go with a meditation build like Itty Bitty Bunker’s build. If you want a bunker build, go with something like this.

Also, the signet heal is a weak choice compared to shelter since it just opens you to getting interrupted.

Other than that, Rune of speed and sustain are really important, and altruistic healing doesn’t do a great job in spvp.

(BTW I LOVE 30 radiance points in med builds)

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Other than that, Rune of speed and sustain are really important, and altruistic healing doesn’t do a great job in spvp.

Why are Runes of Speed that important? I don’t see many if any characters running 25% faster in most games, why sacrifice damage over that? Not even Thief or Warrior Run that as far as I see it

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Why are Runes of Speed that important? I don’t see many if any characters running 25% faster in most games, why sacrifice damage over that? Not even Thief or Warrior Run that as far as I see it

Thieves and warriors don’t need it because they have a plethora of movement based skills that allow them to move around the map fast. Also they have traits that allow them to get higher movement speeds, guards don’t. If you’re a roamer you need to be moving fast. They also help with two weaknesses guard has. Vitality and keeping on target since Guards lack soft CCs. I personally always use speed runes when I play my dps guard. They’re not mandatory, however they do help significantly.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

mPascoal.4258

Thieves and warriors don’t need it because they have a plethora of movement based skills that allow them to move around the map fast. Also they have traits that allow them to get higher movement speeds, guards don’t. If you’re a roamer you need to be moving fast. They also help with two weaknesses guard has. Vitality and keeping on target since Guards lack soft CCs. I personally always use speed runes when I play my dps guard. They’re not mandatory, however they do help significantly.

Well I spend most of the time in combat mode, most times when I move from 1 to another point I don’t even get out of it or if I do it as the end, and in combatmode every class as the same speed unless it has swiftness. Personally I don’t think it conpensates the damage loss. S/F and GS gives you plenty of mobility already and every damage spec runs JI or should so, movement Imo shouldn’t be a problem

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Well I spend most of the time in combat mode, most times when I move from 1 to another point I don’t even get out of it or if I do it as the end, and in combatmode every class as the same speed unless it has swiftness. Personally I don’t think it conpensates the damage loss. S/F and GS gives you plenty of mobility already and every damage spec runs JI or should so, movement Imo shouldn’t be a problem

No, the 25% movement speed applies to combat too. It’s especially helpful for sticking to your target to land auto attacks. You only have so many gap closers so if something else can help keep you close you’ll be in better position when you do need it.

Though, if you’ve never noticed the advantages of moving faster than your opponent there’s not much I can say here.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

No, the 25% movement speed applies to combat too. It’s especially helpful for sticking to your target to land auto attacks. You only have so many gap closers so if something else can help keep you close you’ll be in better position when you do need it.

Though, if you’ve never noticed the advantages of moving faster than your opponent there’s not much I can say here.

I’d also like to add on not everyone runs gs and s/x. GS is arguably one of the worst weapons for pvp for a number of reasons.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

mPascoal.4258

I’d also like to add on not everyone runs gs and s/x. GS is arguably one of the worst weapons for pvp for a number of reasons.

Not that the GS is bad, is just the most used weapons for damage Guard, ppl learn their moves and predict. I think is the best weapons for Necro MM or Spirit Ranger since the AoE Damage is bigger than any of our weapons, and that way I can clean the minions/spirit. Hammer is good too but the 3rd attack in the AA chain is too slow, but the #5 skills is great. the #3 and #4 are worts than in GS, very easy to evade (I can’t lad them most times, unless I’m on a team fight, 1 vs 1 can only land if the opponent is bad., but that #2 hits like a boss, love that move.

And no, I will not switch for Speed runes when I don’t have a problem keeping up with my opponent, that would be stupid and as I already said. Most ppl don’t even have 25% speed up in sPvP and I have lot of gap closers. Runes of Speed in the stats I have right now are useless. Now if Rune of Traveler ever get to sPvP thats another thing, those are one of the best Runes in the game

in Guardian

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Not that the GS is bad, is just the most used weapons for damage Guard, ppl learn their moves and predict. I think is the best weapons for Necro MM or Spirit Ranger since the AoE Damage is bigger than any of our weapons, and that way I can clean the minions/spirit. Hammer is good too but the 3rd attack in the AA chain is too slow, but the #5 skills is great. the #3 and #4 are worts than in GS, very easy to evade (I can’t lad them most times, unless I’m on a team fight, 1 vs 1 can only land if the opponent is bad., but that #2 hits like a boss, love that move.

Watch your opponents dodges and cooldowns if you want to land skills like Banish in a 1 v 1. If the enemy has endurance or a stab cooldown, then just fake the cast (start casting, then weapon swap or dodge) and land it later when they can’t avoid it.

And no, I will not switch for Speed runes when I don’t have a problem keeping up with my opponent, that would be stupid and as I already said. Most ppl don’t even have 25% speed up in sPvP and I have lot of gap closers. Runes of Speed in the stats I have right now are useless. Now if Rune of Traveler ever get to sPvP thats another thing, those are one of the best Runes in the game

Speed runes aren’t for keeping up with enemies. They’re making sure that you get to your teammates who need assistance before the fight is lost and preventing you from spending unnecessary time running the map when you could be contesting a node.