Best Protection Guardian?

in Guardian

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

Hello all. Was wondering if there are any threads that have the best type of protection guardian. Pretty much I want to be as supportive as possible. I know it’s not possible to remain full support, but I want to be as protective support as possible.

I’m running a Sylvari Guardian. I know Mace+Shield is the best w/ Staff off-hand for protection Guardians. Any threads or builds would be helpful, thanks.

in Guardian

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

0/0/30/20/20 is standard.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

WvW: http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcc9ombNC0mbNC9cxxaVmqckbc

PvE: http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcc9omvbR0m0NC9Maxx0MVsqckb
^ swap out Wall of Reflection to whatever ability makes the encounter easier.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in Guardian

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

Use Superior Sigil of Life on a weapon, and it will increase your Healing with each mob killed up to 25 stacks until your downed or travel.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

^
either go like this for absolute resolution

or you go
V

0/15/30/20/5 for more ‘crit’ based tank: altruistic healing through might stacks on crits.
omnombery pies + maintenance oil required, but doubles the DPS output with the same survivability.

IMHO, tank guardian is defined by his runes, which are 2x water+ 2x monk+ 2x earth
for extra 30% boons duration with 50% protection duration.

in Guardian

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

^

or you go
V

0/15/30/20/5 for more ‘crit’ based tank: altruistic healing through might stacks on crits.
omnombery pies + maintenance oil required, but doubles the DPS output with the same survivability.

IMHO, tank guardian is defined by his runes, which are 2x water+ 2x monk+ 2x earth

What exactly makes the pies/oils required? Is absolute resolution really that powerful? Or is it the loss of 15 points in virtues?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Guardian

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

^

or you go
V

What exactly makes the pies/oils required? Is absolute resolution really that powerful? Or is it the loss of 15 points in virtues?

It’s not required. I’ve yet to use food or oil buffs. They are just buffs, and will help, but the day a class relies on food buffs to succeed is the day… I mean it helps but if you couldn’t live without it, you wont live with it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

^

or you go
V

absolute resolution is decent passive regen for yourself, with 30 points in honor this is a passive regen for all your group.

maintenance oil gives you ~4% of your vitality and toughness as precision.
on guardian which have high defence, it gives high crit (approx 7% extra crit on lvl 300 oil, 10% crit on level 400 oil)

Guardians still want to crit, because
a) they get vigor on crit, which alows to roll more, and dodge rolling is our BESTscaling heal, no CD.
b) each crit is might for your party, which heals you more and increase DPS for all your party. if you crit once in five seconds, you keep constant might on your close party members.
c) guardians critical damage is in the toughness line (valor) so if you don’t have high precision, this stat is wasted.

pie is powerful, because it have no internal cooldown, you can heal up to extra 360HP per second.
its life steal damage is not mitigated by armor.

in Guardian

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Which trait gives Vigor on crit?

in Guardian

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

Which trait gives Vigor on crit?

5 points in Honor. Once per 5s for 5s, so essentially perma-vigor.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows