Best WvWvW sigils for one-handed

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

Sigil with power\precision stacks I keep in Staff.
Sigil of fire at off-hand.
Question: the best www sigil for main-hand is?)

/discuss

(edited by Deathmond.7328)

in Guardian

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Sigil with power\precision stucks I keep in Staff.
Sigil of fire at off-hand.
Question: the best www sigil for main-hand is?)

/discuss

If you have enough crit chance then Bloodlust.

Otherwise go perception.

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

I said that stack sigils I use with Staff.

(edited by Deathmond.7328)

in Guardian

DeathPanel.8362

I said that stuck sigils I use with Staff.

You mean “stack”?

You should use the stacking sigil on both the weapon swaps since you tend to get kill tags with both.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zardis.1745

Zardis.1745

Yah, it depends on what u wanna do.

I don’t think stacking is good on the Staff (Personally) Since I only use it to Empower ppl, hit a few guys, put the symbol and maybe the ward and throw the ball then immediately change for aggro to my Hammer/GS/Sword and Shield/Mace and Shield/Sword and Focus/Mace and Focus depending on the situation.

If you are gonna have them on the staff tho, use them as well on one of your weapons when u swap.

I wish it was how I used to do it on my Ranger but I don’t know if it was a bug or an update that doesn’t allow it anymore but I used to have 2 Bloodlust Sigils on main and off-hand and they stacked 2 on 2 haha. But yah go with what DeathPanel said!

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

It’s fine to only have stacking on one weapon, but you need to make sure you switch to your staff once the enemy goes into a down state. I’m not sure if you need to auto-attack once.

in Guardian

DeathPanel.8362

It’s fine to only have stacking on one weapon, but you need to make sure you switch to your staff once the enemy goes into a down state. I’m not sure if you need to auto-attack once.

You can tag stacks with staff #2 and #3 easily in zerg v zerg as well.

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

You’re right, but the point I was trying to make is that you need the weapon out during the death in order to get the sigil stack. If you hit someone with the staff and then finish them off with a sword you won’t get a stack.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zardis.1745

Zardis.1745

You’re right, but the point I was trying to make is that you need the weapon out during the death in order to get the sigil stack. If you hit someone with the staff and then finish them off with a sword you won’t get a stack.

This ^

in Guardian

DeathPanel.8362

The point is you won’t need always get to pick what weapon you have out at the time they die if you are in a large fight and constantly switching weapons, so having sigils on both guarantees the stack.

in Guardian

Posted by: Barricade.3210

Barricade.3210

Try Sigil of Fire, with Staff hitting multiple targets and a decent crit chance you’ll be triggering Fire Blast every time internal cd is over.

in Guardian

DeathPanel.8362

Try Sigil of Fire, with Staff hitting multiple targets and a decent crit chance you’ll be triggering Fire Blast every time internal cd is over.

Sigil of fire is actually very bad for wvw for guardian. (Or really any other class for that matter)

The aoe range is not all that good and the damage is not stellar and there isn’t any guardian skills that can hit consistently and repeatedly enough to proc it often, not to mention the internal cooldown the proc has and the requirement that you have high crit chance which limits your build and gear choices.

Bloodlust or perception sigils are the best things for guards in wvw depending on their build. (bloodlust for zerk builds, perception for heal and soldier builds) This is because as a guard you have survivability and range enough to be able to get 25 stacks fairly quickly in a large zerg v zerg battle and keep it.

In case of dual wield weapons, it’s best to have either bloodlust or perception on main or off hand and maybe energy on the other for more dodges which procs your trait heal.

(edited by DeathPanel.8362)

in Guardian

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Sigil of fire is actually very bad for wvw for guardian. (Or really any other class for that matter)

Wrong.

Bloodlust or perception sigils are the best things for guards in wvw depending on their build.

Wrong.

Any Sigil that works well in sPvP (I like Hydromancy, Fire and Energy).
Or Sigil of Force and/or Accuracy.

Only use stacks Sigils if it’s Sigil of Life and you’re playing support safely (no front line fighting, no rushing), or if it’s on a weapon you don’t care too much about damage (Staff, Mace).
Don’t expect to be able to keep 20+ stacks unless you’re rolling on your enemies constantly, and if this is the case any Sigil would do.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

the OP already said he uses fire in the off-hand and is looknig for advice for his main-hand.

so OP, can i assume that you’re running MH+OH and then staff? i would suggest, lke others, to have bloodlust or perception (stat stacking) sigils on both active weapon sets. for e.g. have it in your offhand until you get full stacks, and then you switch your offhand back to the one with fire. that’s how i run usually since you don’t have to worry about switching weapons when peolpe or things die to get your stacks. though of course, can be pricey and if you can bother to do so or not.

that being said, since you’re running sigil of fire on your off hand (which i feel is a nice sigil regardless, even in WvW), since it has a cooldown, i would go for any that are straight bonuses – i.e. sigil of force or accuracy.

in most cases, sigil of force will add more overall DPS than sigil of accuracy will. however, if your play style is dependent on crits (vigorous precision, empowering might, or even just to proc sigil of fire), then go for accuracy.

OR, just go for either based on if you have enough crit chance or not.

my 0.02

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Can’t go wrong with Energy.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

energy IS always good especially if you have dodge heals.
though just in case, OP, if you’re adamant on having Fire in the OH, i wouldn’t suggest having Energy in the MH (or any other on-swap, on-crit sigils), as they share cooldowns. and you want to have that extra bar of endurance reliably when you need it.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall