Best cleric build

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Hi guys , I have changed my gear to a cleric ( PvE ).
All I care about is healing/defense.All traited weapons > staff , hammer , mace/focus or mace/shield > what are the best defensive weapon sets ?
As for utilities > Healing signet , Hold the line , save youselves , X ( need your advice about it ) and tome of courage.
I will use sigil of life and rune of the water , got AH and shout cd traits.

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I’m not certain what you would do this for but:

I think the best defensive set is Mace/Focus because it gives the most variety of defensive skills, boons, CD removal and symbol.

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

If you go full clerics, get a staff.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Mace/focus for solo, mace/shield in a group. Staff in off set. Don’t use the healing signet, it’s terrible, even post buff. Use Sanctuary traited for cooldown and range, Hold the Line and Save Yourselves. Trait and rune for boon duration. Spam Empower.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Best cleric build

in Guardian

The Demonic Spirit.3157

But Sanctuary has a very long cd which makes it useless. Do we have any other healing/blocking utilities ? Or should I get " Stand your ground " ?
Healing signet got the most healing and healing power effectiveness.
I will get mace/focus and staff , but what about scepter/torch as they got the strongest skills we have ?
Do you advise me to get any writ PersistenceMerciful traits ?

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

But Sanctuary has a very long cd which makes it useless. Do we have any other healing/blocking utilities ? Or should I get " Stand your ground " ?
Healing signet got the most healing and healing power effectiveness.
I will get mace/focus and staff , but what about scepter/torch as they got the strongest skills we have ?
Do you advise me to get any writ PersistenceMerciful traits ?

Dude, play with Sanctuary on your bar for 5 matches, and learn to use it. I assure you that you will find the long duration, traited version to be anything but useless. It has a long CD because it is 10s God-mode button on a utility.

Stand Your Ground rocks.

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: Devils.3679

Devils.3679

You could always use a consecrations with ground targeting(trait option in Virtues). with sanctuary you would only use it to res downed players. Hallowed ground offers not just a longer stability than the shout but its also a fire combo field allowing your team to do more dmg and last of you can use Wall of Reflection or Purging Flames depending on where you are. This will also mean you don’t need full cleric’s gear. Just clerics on armor and weapons with Superior sigil of life. Allowing you to use what ever extra stats you want on rings etc,

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: JustCurious.3457

JustCurious.3457

I use Mace/Shield and Hammer or Staff, Boon duration runes, traits 0/0/20/30/20 (my current setup).

I use Stand Your Ground, Hold the Line and Save Yourselves, swapping out SY for Wall of Reflection if needed. Use your dodge a lot it heals very nicely for 1.2k and you will have vigor to help keep endurance up (I find I get enough crit with the fury from SY) as well as sigils of energy on weapon swap.
Swap out Pure of Voice in traits for larger symbols if it isn’t needed.

Classes: Guardian, Elementalist, Warrior, Thief, Engineer, Herald

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: kasimmorathi.4963

kasimmorathi.4963

@JustCurious – How do you enjoy it? I was thinking of going toward a defensive based build myself. What does your Virtue of Resolve tick for?

Best cleric build

in Guardian

The Demonic Spirit.3157

JustCurious >> You have increase the Virtue of Resolve healing but you didn’t take the most important trait for healing/boons build which is Altruistic Healing.

I have made some changes > http://tinyurl.com/oegv3nh
With boons duration/healing power runes.

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: JustCurious.3457

JustCurious.3457

@kasimmorathi: It’s great. My Virtue of Resolve ticks for around 200. It’s quite easy to get >600hps with this.

@The Demonic Spirit: I don’t need AH, and the passive regen more than makes up for it IMO. All taking AH will do is cripple my boon duration and virtues. Also it scales TERRIBLY with healing power (I think at 0.01 or something). My crit chance is also low from having Cleric gear meaning that the healing from triggering Vigorous Precision is very low too.

This is very much a group support/anchor build, as such the damage you get is not great. It works well in PvE, not so great for high fractals as damage is needed more there. It works very nicely in dungeons, in open world this works though you hit like a wet fish, so yes you can ‘face-tank’ that champion till it dies but it WILL take a while.

Classes: Guardian, Elementalist, Warrior, Thief, Engineer, Herald

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

JustCurious >> You have increase the Virtue of Resolve healing but you didn’t take the most important trait for healing/boons build which is Altruistic Healing.

I have made some changes > http://tinyurl.com/oegv3nh
With boons duration/healing power runes.

I wouldn’t say it’s the most important.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: Tobkilla.4612

Tobkilla.4612

Would you say it is important at all?

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Christos de Soufre.3802

Sure, if you build for it. It’s the centerpiece of any build it’s a part of. I just don’t think people should assume that it’s the end-all, be-all of Guardians like so many do.

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: Tobkilla.4612

Tobkilla.4612

But Altruistic Healing for Cleric aka Healway build?

I you go into Cleric (healing power) you get so much healing from from dodge rolls, why would you need more selfheals from buffs?

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Christos de Soufre.3802

I have trouble figuring that out myself. It’s honestly a little overkill. AH is best run with anything but Cleric’s almost exclusively because everything else heals for so much in Cleric’s. AH is just overdoing it at that point.

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

with the way the Guardian is set up as well, AH hugely benefits from a high crit build vs a low crit build. so assuming one is going full Cleric’s, your precision is going to be quite low. and like mentioned, with Cleric’s you get so much healing already, AH isn’t really necessary.

at this point, i almost feel it’s as if a cushion for when you’re going more hybrid / DPS oriented. but even in that case, not necessary as a “heal”. undeniably still very strong trait though, don’t get me wrong.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: tyandam.8962

tyandam.8962

10 – 2
30 – 2 9 11
30 – 2 9 10

Shelter / Save Yourselves / Hold the Line / Stand your Ground / RF

Sword (Energy sigil)
Focus (w/e)
GS (Energy Sigil)

Clerics everything except earrings (knight), helm (knight), chest (knight)

Try this and you will probably poop your pants with survivability

Edit:
Durr… Superior water x2, Major water x2, Superior monk x2

Dev 1: Ele’s are OP
Dev 2: Nerf warriors?
~Dwagonband~

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

first pic: gs(energy)
second pic: sword(force)/shield(energy) or scepter(life)
third pic: traits

unbuffed stats, numbers should be self explanatory.
armor is full clerics with 2x water and 4x altruism.
trinkets are full clerics with soldier back.
weapons are full ptv.

this has gotten me through wvw and all pve content successfully. i used to run the ahem build, but it got so boring so fast. once i started pvping, i switched over to full clerics and it somehow leaked over into my pvx/wvw.

my previous iteration was:
30(iv, ix, xi)
30(ii, ix, xi)
10(vi)

i gave up 10 in valor because i didn’t make use of xi all too often even though i was moderately dispensing boons. once i switched over to ix in virtues, i noticed how powerful the passive regen became. in addition to almost double the more passive regen, i now had even more condi removal(maybe overkill, but i find you can never have enough condi removal, especially in wvw or dungeons) and an extra heal in sanc with the option to rez almost uninterrupted. as a bonus, you can swap out the last utility with wor or hallowed ground for more stability or purging flames for more dps and condi removal as you desire.

this isn’t the highest dps build out there, but it’s how i like to play and frankly, hardly downing or dying in fotm 48, any dungeon, frontline wvw(sanc for breaking up z stacks) works for me.

as a final note, i’ve come to realize that in wvw, having huge hp with huge toughness doesn’t mean anything. what’s more important IMO is having high toughness with on demand condi removal. nothing spells death more than being crippled/immob when you’re on the frontlines

[edit]
if you’re running dungeons or small group rampaging in wvw, bring a staff. clerics(energy)

[edit2]
i made a mistake with absolute resolution. the trait increases regen by 25%, not 50%. i have no idea where i got double from; perhaps the 12xx healing power scaling with absolute resolution versus the ahem build i was running before had double the passive regen. sorry for the mistake.

Attachments:

(edited by kiba.2768)

Best cleric build

in Guardian

The Demonic Spirit.3157

first pic: gs(energy)
second pic: sword(force)/shield(energy) or scepter(life)
third pic: traits

unbuffed stats, numbers should be self explanatory.
armor is full clerics with 2x water and 4x altruism.
trinkets are full clerics with soldier back.
weapons are full ptv.

this has gotten me through wvw and all pve content successfully. i used to run the ahem build, but it got so boring so fast. once i started pvping, i switched over to full clerics and it somehow leaked over into my pvx/wvw.

my previous iteration was:
30(iv, ix, xi)
30(ii, ix, xi)
10(vi)

i gave up 10 in valor because i didn’t make use of xi all too often even though i was moderately dispensing boons. once i switched over to ix in virtues, i noticed how powerful the passive regen became. in addition to almost double the passive regen, i now had even more condi removal(maybe overkill, but i find you can never have enough condi removal, especially in wvw or dungeons) and an extra heal in sanc with the option to rez almost uninterrupted. as a bonus, you can swap out the last utility with wor or hallowed ground for more stability or purging flames for more dps and condi removal as you desire.

this isn’t the highest dps build out there, but it’s how i like to play and frankly, hardly downing or dying in fotm 48, any dungeon, frontline wvw(sanc for breaking up z stacks) works for me.

as a final note, i’ve come to realize that in wvw, having huge hp with huge toughness doesn’t mean anything. what’s more important IMO is having high toughness with on demand condi removal. nothing spells death more than being crippled/immob when you’re on the frontlines

[edit]
if you’re running dungeons or small group rampaging in wvw, bring a staff. clerics(energy)

Hi bro , I think for cleric , you should switch sword for mace , and gs for staff.
-Do you say that Absolute Resolution heals more than Altruistic Healing specially with this build > http://tinyurl.com/nfd4x54 ?
-Which off-hand weapons is better for cleric , Focus or shield ( with reasons )?

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Best cleric build

in Guardian

kiba.2768

i ran with sword for almost 1000 hours so i’m used to the mobility and projectile negation it offers. the speed of attacks is also appealing to me over mace, however, i agree with you that mace is much better as a team-oriented support guardian.

in regards to staff, i just keep 1 in my bag. no reason not to. i prefer gs for the all around utility it offers. might stacking on auto(70% boon duration), small burst(if you land all of gs2), a gap closer with blind, retal and cc. as a bonus, when you come across a player with stability or a creature with defiance, use gs5, but don’t trigger pull. extra dmg ticks never hurt. i rarely ever see another guardian do this…is it that overlooked?

as for your build comparison…it’s more complicated than just absolute resolution versus altruistic healing. to keep it short, the use of ah in your build will outheal the passive in mine. you are dispensing boons like crazy, which is great for your team.

the builds are focused on 2 different things, however. i maintain that condi removal is one of my highest priorities, while your build focuses(from what i see) on spreading boons and self heals from ah.

one thing i see as a weakness is the 10 in radiance. the precision is wasted and using a trait for one utility is a waste IMO, unless you are using other sigs. i prefer shelter as the 2s block is invaluable.

here’s something for you to consider….will you be taking that much dmg that you will need that huge stream of healing from ah? or are you focused on mitigating dmg for yourself and your team, in which case, bigger heals are more important for the attacks you can’t avoid? because i see a problem of overhealing in general when people go full support with guardian. you can’t go full bunker and utilize small heals over time because you’re mitigating attacks and whatever sacrifices you made in other stats for those small heals is wasted. just my 2 copper.

i use shield for pushing people off cliffs/bridges in wvw or negating stomps. in pve it is less important, but again, i’m used to it when paired with sword. sh5 can be a great on demand projectile denial, but f5 also offers that. the extra heal from sh5 is a bonus if i miss the projectile denial. focus is great for team play in pve. i would stick to it if i were a new guardian, but…well old habits die hard

(edited by kiba.2768)

Best cleric build

in Guardian

The Demonic Spirit.3157

i ran with sword for almost 1000 hours so i’m used to the mobility and projectile negation it offers. the speed of attacks is also appealing to me over mace, however, i agree with you that mace is much better as a team-oriented support guardian.

in regards to staff, i just keep 1 in my bag. no reason not to. i prefer gs for the all around utility it offers. might stacking on auto(70% boon duration), small burst(if you land all of gs2), a gap closer with blind, retal and cc. as a bonus, when you come across a player with stability or a creature with defiance, use gs5, but don’t trigger pull. extra dmg ticks never hurt. i rarely ever see another guardian do this…is it that overlooked?

as for your build comparison…it’s more complicated than just absolute resolution versus altruistic healing. to keep it short, the use of ah in your build will outheal the passive in mine. you are dispensing boons like crazy, which is great for your team.

the builds are focused on 2 different things, however. i maintain that condi removal is one of my highest priorities, while your build focuses(from what i see) on spreading boons and self heals from ah.

one thing i see as a weakness is the 10 in radiance. the precision is wasted and using a trait for one utility is a waste IMO, unless you are using other sigs. i prefer shelter as the 2s block is invaluable.

here’s something for you to consider….will you be taking that much dmg that you will need that huge stream of healing from ah? or are you focused on mitigating dmg for yourself and your team, in which case, bigger heals are more important for the attacks you can’t avoid? because i see a problem of overhealing in general when people go full support with guardian. you can’t go full bunker and utilize small heals over time because you’re mitigating attacks and whatever sacrifices you made in other stats for those small heals is wasted. just my 2 copper.

i use shield for pushing people off cliffs/bridges in wvw or negating stomps. in pve it is less important, but again, i’m used to it when paired with sword. sh5 can be a great on demand projectile denial, but f5 also offers that. the extra heal from sh5 is a bonus if i miss the projectile denial. focus is great for team play in pve. i would stick to it if i were a new guardian, but…well old habits die hard

Okay , I found out that shield is better for pve cleric build than focus .
Are you saying that vengeful is better than -20% signet cd ( got if for condition removal and healing ) ?

Best cleric build

in Guardian

kiba.2768

i’m saying that 10 points in radiance is wasted, so almost anything is better than that, since your build does not use precision. even 100 more power or 10% virtue cd reduction +10% boon duration is more useful. if you think that using 10 trait points just to unlock a 20% sig reduction so your heal downtime is 8 seconds shorter….then go for it. there’s just no synergy.

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Christos de Soufre.3802

If you’re running Cleric’s, you should run Shelter anyway.

Best cleric build

in Guardian

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

For group/zerg support/bunker I roll this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAW5OlYgyCXFiPcCJ7hBigJI2DM6j6orCOEA-jEyAoNBZqBE9JwZvioxWdjW5NIqZioalNmIAmxA-w

Pretty solid and I focused on protection 2/6 earth runes in the last two slots grants 100% protection boon duration increased and 80% with the rest of the boons. Left the last utility open if you needed to pick WoR, SY! or Retreat!.

For offense, just swap out the trinkets and weapons for berserker. I use the exotic version but I was too lazy to pick all of them and the jewels. You can choose SY! over SYG since you can save your VoC for stability/Aegis for stomps.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJARSlYgyCXFSKEf4ES2DDEBTQsHYUG1RXFcIA-jEyAYrARfCU2rIas1uwWdjW5NI6aMlLRUtIAmFA-w

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]