Best profession synergy w/ guardian?

in Guardian

Posted by: Gaz.1320

Gaz.1320

Q:

I am making an alt and I want one that can put the buffs from my friends guardian to good use and perhaps cover some things the guardian can’t when paired together in WvW and PvE. Is their any profession/spec that shines over the others when it comes to that?

in Guardian

Posted by: Iconoklast.2389

Iconoklast.2389

A:

Basically what colesy said for PvE. For WvW I always roam with my thief and warrior friend. The offensive spikes that both those classes provide really work great with my more defensive abilities. The best part about roaming with a warrior is they can use their warhorn to help out with our horrendous mobility. I also roamed with a necro from my guild yesterday and it worked surprisingly well. My physical dmg pressure and his condition dmg synergized well and we were just melting groups.

Iconoklast – Guardian / Icono Clone – Mesmer
Tiny Icono – Engineer / The Icono – Elementalist
SoS – Empyrean Knights [EK] YB – The Coasters [TC]

in Guardian

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Any profession that can heavily stack offensive buffs is great with guard, like warriors who can buff themselves to 20 stacks of might (15 for you if you don’t blast the fire field yourself, if you do blast you will hit 21 stacks) and fury plus you can both get an enemy to 25 stacks of vulnerability. Then you as guard can reflect, aegis and protect so you have all of the good defensive boons covered. That’s just for pve though, wvw I dunno.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Guardian

Posted by: Brett.4305

Brett.4305

Good info from the players above.
I would add:
A mace/shield – sword/focus guardian is what I leveled with my
x/x – longbow warrior friend.
Pull with the long bow. Good blocks, heals, reflects, regen from guardian.
Might stacks and raw damage from the warrior.
You keep each other alive and melt foes quickly.

Oh, the red button there kid, don’t ever, ever touch the red button.

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Guardian+Ele is pretty devastating in either PvP format if you can combo well. To this day, it’s my favorite 2s comp for roaming.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Gaz.1320

Gaz.1320

Seems warrior is just what I need then, thank you for the answers.

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

I do a lot of speed runs on a guardian and I gotta say that ele has amazing synergy with Guardian. If you use fire fields then the ele can use LH and get 25 might stacks very quickly. They also provide fury which guardians lack and can help out with condition removal with healing when needed. Guardians using a sword/focus build have some of the highest crit chance in the game ( I run S/F with accuracy sigil and I get 74% crit chance on sword skills without fury, banners, or perception stacks) I dunno I just feel an ele really complements guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I normally play a healing/tank guardian and have had great success roaming with a warrior friend. He plays a mainly dps spec but isn’t a glass cannon so he doesn’t just fall over when the wind blows. Even numbers isn’t really an issue, we can routinely kill 4-6 people with a high mark of winning a 2 vs 9.

I also roam around with a mesmer friend and our survivability is very high. We kill a tad slower than the guardian/warrior combo but we’re never really in any real danger of dying unless we’re significantly outnumbered.

Also play with a tanky necro from time to time. We’re basically invincible. However, our only method of killing people is to bore them to death

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)