Best solo survival build?

in Guardian

Posted by: whoknocks.4935

whoknocks.4935

Hello everyone,

which is the most survival build for a guardian in pve at this moment?

I don’t have yet the full dragonhunter traitline unlocked so I can use a core guardian temporarily build if effective.

I am concerned mainly about the weapons to use, I want the most selfish build possible out there which give me the best solo survivability againts champs or hot hero points and zone in general.

I should go for scepter? Sword? Paired with what? I know torch offers the most dps but maybe not the most defense to survive, so maybe focus or shield? And as swap?

So I would like to receive the best weapons to survive, and the best traits to have ( zeal, valor, honor radiance etc.).

It has to be selfish for personal survivability.

Thank you everyone and sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

just search on google for meditaions guardian builds, thats the only thing that works on core, anything else is leeching teammates work…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Hello everyone,

which is the most survival build for a guardian in pve at this moment?

I don’t have yet the full dragonhunter traitline unlocked so I can use a core guardian temporarily build if effective.

I am concerned mainly about the weapons to use, I want the most selfish build possible out there which give me the best solo survivability againts champs or hot hero points and zone in general.

I should go for scepter? Sword? Paired with what? I know torch offers the most dps but maybe not the most defense to survive, so maybe focus or shield? And as swap?

So I would like to receive the best weapons to survive, and the best traits to have ( zeal, valor, honor radiance etc.).

It has to be selfish for personal survivability.

Thank you everyone and sorry for my english.

If you kite use a scepter build
If you want to solo champions use mace build
If you want to clear trash mobs use swordsman build

All of the listed build works well with power gear, wich its also the easier to get first.
You should try to get as much might and fury you can get in your open world build without giving up on defense.

Use your defensive weapons (mace, sword, focus, shield) when you can’t survive otherwise, like versus champions, and your offensive one to suppress any danger before can harm you (greatsword, scepter, torch).

Pick the utility skills according to your situations.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

I guess it is a condi Guardin build: condi/power/vitality. You have 20 k health (you don’t need crit at all as condi guard) superior burning dmg + meditations which heal you.
Sword/Torch + Scepter/Focus (shield)

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Naahh don’t recommend condi for wandering HoT content.
He wants meditrapper, best defense is a bursty offense

in Guardian

Posted by: Omcrazy.4756

Omcrazy.4756

I’ve had a lot of success with Saiyan’s zeal symbolic build.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/PvP-Symbolic-DH-Zealer-Build-Update/first#post6659425

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAse7dn8cCVDhVdCeDB8Dhl5B76e9DqBy3v+3AsqBsACAA-TpR6gA5HEgqHAQTZg59HoPCAAnAAA

Replace DH with Virtues until you get it all unlocked. I am not some unstoppable god but I am able to solo champs pretty easily, rarely lose any health unless I am stupid and stand in the fire. Replace Purification with Litany and Test of Faith with Judge’s.

Meditrapper also works well.

EDIT: FYI I am decked out in basically all Power, Vitality, Toughness. What the insta-80 came with.

in Guardian

Posted by: Granrey.8920

Granrey.8920

Hammer, Long Bow and spirit weapons.

Long bow, not only gives you range but it allows you to pull mobs.

The hammer allows to you to stun, knockback and the protection circle.

The spirit weapons do some damage plus the knockback from the spirit hammer. They can do some minor tanking too.