Binding Blade Pull Undodgeable?

in Guardian

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Q:

I haven’t had a good opportunity to really test this, but anecdotally, every time I try to dodge Binding Blade’s pull, it pulls me anyway. Several times I’ve been mid-dodge, endurance has been used, and I still get CC’d.

Am I just misremembering encounters, giving my timing too much credit, or is the pull actually something you cannot evade anymore?

Thanks!

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

A:

Indeed that is how it works, once the blade actually hits the target the only way to stop it is from stability. I think it works like this because you can already dodge the original attack, and since the actual pull comes from the debuff, it is something that can’t be dodged since it is already on the character.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Cogbyrn.7283

Thank you for the clarification. I’m not necessarily opposed to it, though I think it’s questionable. I’m just happy to know I can stop trying to dodge the pull now.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Also one other thing I forgot, the pull is also unblockable, so be very careful using shelter while it is on you, as it will put shelter on full cd if your pulled while channeling.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Cogbyrn.7283

Also one other thing I forgot, the pull is also unblockable, so be very careful using shelter while it is on you, as it will put shelter on full cd if your pulled while channeling.

That’s a really good point that I hadn’t thought of but should remember. I play Necro, so Stability and Blocking aren’t exactly my thing, but I always like to have as much information as possible.

Thanks!

in Guardian

Posted by: Zinrae.3769

Zinrae.3769

Yeah, that is one of the things that break a Guardian duel in your favor. Experienced players will never use their heal while it’s on them though, so it’s more of a method for delaying their heal while you dps in that case.

As for dodging, you can’t prevent yourself from getting cc’d, but if you dodge at the right time you will actually not get pulled to the guardian, you will basically just be knocked down. So if the distance between you and the guardian is important, it can still be worth a dodge.

Henge of Denravi [PD]