Blessed Guardian 3.0

Blessed Guardian 3.0

in Guardian

Posted by: Adam Of Awesome.7802

Adam Of Awesome.7802

I have already changed this build quite a lot based on more feedback. Tell me what you think of it and again, what else I can improve on it if I can.

Link to Blessed Guardian 3.5
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Blessed-Guardian-3-5

Link to Blessed Guardian 3.0
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUEQNAW5elYgKC33RMEm4ES2DRKBRQsHWE8lRXFSIA-jADB4NERzEEQ0HCZEBwZPYJRERslhht6KalXBR1ATdiIq2poIa1yAovAA-e

(edited by Adam Of Awesome.7802)

Blessed Guardian 3.0

in Guardian

Posted by: Incomingray.8075

Incomingray.8075

I think it’s important to say what type of WvW it’s meant for, zerging or small group? Guessing large scale.

I have a hard time saying what problem I have with going super heavy on boon duration, but I wonder if it kind of just makes easy situations easier, when it comes to people who focus fire your teammates or you’re heavily outnumbered I find the boons lasting a bit longer aren’t as important as having higher healing output, for my style(small group) I really believe in focusing more on healing power(I get 15% boon duration from my runes of altruism and then have 30 in virtues).. but this is the core of your build and a big gameplay philosophy thing and your style you seem to like boons to last a really long time.

(edit realized your crit is 33%) I think you should take a look at swapping EM for battle presence, I think people around you may benefit more from the constant VoR ticks instead of that much might(which will take some time to build up in stacks i’d think). Points for Emp might if you’re running around with a zerg spamming staff #1 all day tho.

Taking signet of resolve over healing breeze I think you should take a closer look at too since you’re support based, even with like 900 healing power it will heal your teammates for alot after the buff, but I don’t know what you’re diving into to tank so maybe shelter would be a better choice too I dunno In zerg fights I think maybe 1 condition dropping every 10 seconds isn’t too much to write home about.

Taking save yourselves and/or judgement signet over stand your ground I highly question, why not just go with hold the line and syg with -20% shout cooldown instead of the rez bubble, esp with a boon duration build, people around you will benefit greatly, imho SYG is our most important utility for any kind of group based WvW.

Last thing i’ll say is take a good look at hammer over mace/shield, personally I believe hammer provides a ton more support for your group, I used to go back and forth between staff+mace/shield and staff+hammer for supporting and i’ve come to feel that hammer completely blows mace/shield away for overall support, but that’s a big debate, I just recommend try doing what you do with hammer instead sometimes.

Hope that’s some interesting things for you to think about in your build.

(edited by Incomingray.8075)

Blessed Guardian 3.0

in Guardian

Posted by: Arthos Ravron.3796

Arthos Ravron.3796

Mace is actually quite better if used offensively.

Remember to use WoR. I am not lying when I say this can change a battle in the seconds it’s up.

Oh and with that health, I don’t think SY! is such a good idea.

I really really don’t recommend investing too much in Boon Duration with gear. (Runes and traits are fine) You could make your health or healing reach superb numbers compared to a few seconds more of might or regen. Though, just my suggestion.

Commander of FoW, Lieutenant of [AKP], and Proud Human and Guardian

“Humanity cannot grasp Utopia for it refuses to be worthy of it”

Blessed Guardian 3.0

in Guardian

Posted by: Nozdormu.4352

Nozdormu.4352

- Giver’s is the worst gear in game. Swap to PVT, Knight’s, even Cleric’s is better.
- SYG! trumps Hallowed Ground. Swap to that.
- Your Power is miserable. You won’t do any damage whatsoever, rendering your crit chance useless, except for the might and vigor. Swap to Sharpening Stones.
- Virtues have 4-5 excellent traits I can never decide between. Elite Focus is NOT one of them. Swap to X, for example.
- Signet of Judgement… I dunno. It’s great, but other things are better. Like any consecration pretty much.
- If you like boon duration so much, swap food to Omnomberry Cream (20%)

Guildless
Charr Guardian
47k kills and counting

Blessed Guardian 3.0

in Guardian

Adam Of Awesome.7802

- Giver’s is the worst gear in game. Swap to PVT, Knight’s, even Cleric’s is better.
- SYG! trumps Hallowed Ground. Swap to that.
- Your Power is miserable. You won’t do any damage whatsoever, rendering your crit chance useless, except for the might and vigor. Swap to Sharpening Stones.
- Virtues have 4-5 excellent traits I can never decide between. Elite Focus is NOT one of them. Swap to X, for example.
- Signet of Judgement… I dunno. It’s great, but other things are better. Like any consecration pretty much.
- If you like boon duration so much, swap food to Omnomberry Cream (20%)

Saying givers is the worst gear in the game is very arrogant of you to say. Besides, what makes this build unique is the fact that it focuses more on boon duration as one of its pillars.

You can change the utilities to whatever the situation begs. And consecrations work in this build well so if you wanna use them too, go ahead.
As a Support bunker you yourself focus on buffing allies to make up lost damage. Your staff 4 gives you and allies 18 seconds of 12 stacks of might… that damage x5 people adds up and you have a 100% up-time of it not to mention other skills at your disposal can stack it even higher.

Next-time, please do read the whole post and take a look through the build before you try to give advice. Especially when you make it out in an insulting way. It’ll just make you look stupid

But I will swap EF to IC. That was a trait from the poor 2.0 build I must have forgotten to change since the elite isn’t as vital anymore.

(edited by Adam Of Awesome.7802)

Blessed Guardian 3.0

in Guardian

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

this build is much better than your previous one.

remember that boon duration is capped at 100%. I’d remove those 6% if I were you.

Blessed Guardian 3.0

in Guardian

Posted by: jingkangtan.6752

jingkangtan.6752

Givers Armor suck so much balls don’t use em it makes you look stupid

2x Monk 2x Water 2x Traveler runes gives you 45% Boon duration + 30% from Virtues + 20% from Food = 95%

Blessed Guardian 3.0

in Guardian

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

OP, Nozdormu gave you some great advice. Just because it wasn’t what you wanted to hear doesn’t make him rude or arrogant. As jing pointed out above, there are far more efficient ways to focus on boon duration, allowing you to save your gear stats for better things.

I recommend sigil of stamina if you fight in large wvw fights. The amount of people dying means you can chain constant dodges for perma evade and heals.

Finally no good group will care much about your 18 seconds of might. In fact it will actually hinder great groups as they pre-buff might to 25 for 20-30 seconds using blast finishers before charging by overwriting or blocking better might stacks. Because of this and the lack of AH ticks from empower I’d definitely look to swap 2h mastery with pure of voice (and grab superior aria and use stand your ground).

Ditch the precision gear. With no precision gear whatsoever you will have 36% crit chance with fury and oil. This is enough to crit at least once per staff swing, proccing whatever traits or sigils you have on.

Finally – both cleric and soldier will both have higher dps than magi/knight while also having higher survivability.

(edited by fadeaway.2807)

Blessed Guardian 3.0

in Guardian

Adam Of Awesome.7802

this build is much better than your previous one.

remember that boon duration is capped at 100%. I’d remove those 6% if I were you.

Did not know that but it makes sense. ty