Boon Duration nerfed.

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I had +45% boon duration from my mixed rune set. Now at the most, I can get 20% from the Water Runes.

Thanks for messing up my boon duration guardian Anet. I guess you actually DON’T want build diversity.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

I thought that was obvious from day 1 when we found PvE was all about max DPS.

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Just go buy some dps gear :P

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kaparzo.6821

Kaparzo.6821

I too relied on boon duration with 2xmonk/2xwater/2xtravelers. What do we do now?

Superior Runes of the Monk
+15% boon duration
+175 Healing
+10% outgoing heal effectiveness to allies (not sure on how effective this is yet).

Superior Runes of the Water
+20% boon duration
+175 Healing
25% chance when struck to remove a condition
healing allies for a small amount when you heal.

Superior Rune of the Traveler
+15% boon duration
+36 all stats
+10% condi duration
+25% movement speed

Superior Runes of the Dolyak look somewhat appealing for the scaled healing bonus if you run Healway/Clerics. And then there is Superior Rune of the Trooper.

I’m thinking Traveler’s simply because I already have 2 and movement speed is great in WvW. Symbol of Swiftness just ain’t what it used to be.

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I’m just stickin to the Trooper runes. Conditions are only gonna be bigger, right?

Gate of Madness

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: ZhangSai.1562

ZhangSai.1562

yeah that boon duration nerf is ridiculous…
Killing my guardian as well…

but honestly why nerfing boon duration to oblivion but might duration runes having such a high value still?… if specific durations for a specific boon gets such high value then need to add more runesets for at least getting my favourite duration up…

berserker & and might buffs is all that counts… A-Net failed… o/

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’ll probably black lion salvage my traveler runes. I was thinking maybe just finishing it out and making that set into a wvw set, but /shrug in a zerg I have nearly 100% swiftness, and when roaming I kinda want some burst damage potential which is something soldier doesn’t really provide so /shrug.

I think I may go full water and try it out.

For now I’ve swapped to my knights gear with Soldier runes (why did they change that name? I refuse to call it trooper). Defensively it’s very similar, overall I end up losing the boon duration and about 100 power, but I gain like 12% crit chance, some toughness and my health is about the same. I do gain the condition cure on shouts though, which frees up pure of voice meaning I could grab an extra honor trait, or drop that GM rank, or really a lot of options.

It’ll be a couple weeks before i figure out what I really like =/

Quite frustrated though. There are only a few builds that IMO are worth using right up there with the Zerk builds, the boon duration build was one of them, and they get rid of it? I thought they were supposed to be promoting options other than strait damage? ohh well, anet logic…

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

incidentally 4 monk + 2 of water, sanctuary or traveller gives a lofty 25% boon duration. mediocre 20% boon duration

So 30 (traits) + 20 (runes) + 20 (food) = +70%

editted: because I can’t read patch notes properly

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucente.5071

Lucente.5071

This drastically nerfed my guardian too. It is still possible to get up to 90% or higher but you have to sacrifice sooo much to do it that its not even worth it any more. I.e change all your gem slots in jewelery to platinum doubloons. The amount of stats you lose is crazy compared to before.

Statements like " we want to encourage a support playstyle" and " we feel guardian is in a good place right now" from the devs before the patch dont help this nerf go over too well because its clearly not true.

Corrupted Moneybagz – Thief / Moneyz – Warrior
[vT] Violent Tendencies

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

It would be a little better if the boon duration food had something other than magic find as the primary stat. We need boon duration food with something that contributes toward one of the primary stats.

Otherwise I agree, the reduced boon duration makes my build less viable. Back to the drawing board again.

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: CAA.9653

CAA.9653

I made this post weeks ago when rune changes were first announced. Guardians got screwed. So did ele’s and ranger’s who relied on boon duration. But guardians especially.

They made these changes to implement build diversity, but I think they may have the opposite effect across professions, and especially for guardians.

That said, I am happy with a most of the changes made, except with regards to boon duration. They dropped the ball.

Guardian – Cameid, but my friends call me Cam

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: OmNomNom.2830

OmNomNom.2830

incidentally 4 monk + 2 of water, sanctuary or traveller gives a lofty 25% boon duration.

So 30 (traits) + 25 (runes) + 20 (food) = +75%

How did you get 25% from the runes? 4 monks only give 15% and then 2 water adds up to 20%.

I’m also pretty affected by this change, but I’m working on the following build: http://intothemists.com/guides/3503-post_150414_ah_wip. I came from a 0/5/30/30/5 build, but had to switch it up to get more boon duration. Current build gives 40% where my old build gave 45%. Any improvements on this build are welcome!

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

So other boon durations were nerfed but you can still keep might up

Superior Rune of Strength
+25 power
+10% Might Duration
+50 Power
+15% Might Duration; 25% chance when struck to gain might for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 5 seconds)
+100 Power
+20% Might Duration; +7% damage while under the effects of might.

• Sigil of Strength (60% chance on critical hit to gain might)
  • Trait Empowering might (might to allies and yourself on critical hit)
  • Traited boon duration 0-30%

So what does a combination of the above stuff with berserker gear look like? I haven’t been able to test it myself since those runes are now at 8g each and I’m out of g’s myself

9 Guardians later…

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

incidentally 4 monk + 2 of water, sanctuary or traveller gives a lofty 25% boon duration.

How did you get 25% from the runes? 4 monks only give 15% and then 2 water adds up to 20%.

I’m also pretty affected by this change, but I’m working on the following build: http://intothemists.com/guides/3503-post_150414_ah_wip. I came from a 0/5/30/30/5 build, but had to switch it up to get more boon duration. Current build gives 40% where my old build gave 45%. Any improvements on this build are welcome!

I have no idea. Either I was tired and kittened it up or there was a typo in the patch notes I was referencing. Apologies for the misinformation

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

OmNomNom.2830

I have no idea. Either I was tired and kittened it up or there was a typo in the patch notes I was referencing. Apologies for the misinformation

What do you think so far about my build? Im not to sure about the water runes..

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

I am so disappointed in the direction this game is heading in. This was the ONE build that I enjoyed playing. Now without a different option I am forced to either take a major hit or find some other build to use.

I may just be speaking out of frustration and anger but I feel it would be easier to find a different game to play.

Its a sad day when Blizzard out performs Anet. The changes made in their game “Diablo 3” actually made their game more enjoyable to play. When I log on to Guild Wars I find myself becoming angry and not enjoying the game.

I feel if you are going to change the runes so be it, just leave us a set of Boon Duration runes that are worth using.

Sorry I’m just highly aggravated at the changes. The only thing I have enjoyed are the Clothing and Dye changes…

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: ayimera.7028

ayimera.7028

Is anyone planning on sticking with boon duration runes, even if it’s only 20%? (i.e. monk x4, water x2)

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Is anyone planning on sticking with boon duration runes, even if it’s only 20%? (i.e. monk x4, water x2)

Just doesn’t seem like enough anymore. I’m going to miss it surely, but when I consider the alternatives it just seems silly to stick with it. I could even go with DPS runes in my defensive gear and I can’ help but think I’d be getting better returns overall.

This update did far more to promote the DPS mindset than it did to discourage it. It’s sad that they took one of the few really good non DPS options and destroyed it.

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

Engineers (especially Flamethrower Engineers) got the shaft on this one as well. So much for ‘build diversity’.

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: ayimera.7028

ayimera.7028

Just doesn’t seem like enough anymore. I’m going to miss it surely, but when I consider the alternatives it just seems silly to stick with it. I could even go with DPS runes in my defensive gear and I can’ help but think I’d be getting better returns overall.

This update did far more to promote the DPS mindset than it did to discourage it. It’s sad that they took one of the few really good non DPS options and destroyed it.

It is pretty disappointing. My guardian was one of the few bunker/support characters I had left :/

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I’ve taken a look at our “boon duration” situation.
High BD after patch
It’s still obtainable…but you have to give up quite a bit. Hope this helps.

Devona’s Rest

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

6 water are 20%, you cannot obtain more than 20% from runes by any way.

6 water superior to 4 monk+2 water due to 6 piece bonus..

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

OmNomNom.2830

Yes, I am still planning to stick with boon duration. With 6 water runes it gives 20%, that combined with 20 points in Virtues gives 40%. Check out my new AH build meant for WvW group support http://intothemists.com/guides/3503-wvw_ah_build_post_15_april_patch. You can even switch out the power food for more boon duration.

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I will at first. I enjoy my Boon/Virtue build way too much to give it up for now. However, this patch really hit a large part of the build’s strength pretty hard because of the BD nerf. I’m still trying to decide if I want to change to full Water runes or go to full Traveler’s runes instead. I still have the 2Water/Monk/Traveler combo in the gear until I decide. I don’t want to have to buy 6 Traveler runes after the fact instead of just 4. That’ll save me 20-ish gold!

I’ve taken a look at our “boon duration” situation.
High BD after patch
It’s still obtainable…but you have to give up quite a bit. Hope this helps.

The problem with this is that you sacrifice a fairly sizeable chunk of stats for that BD. I’m not entirely sure that’s worth it.

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloodclot.4896

Bloodclot.4896

I’ve changed mine to traveler, Never going to make up for loosing 30% boon dura but I am enjoying them. Expensive though.

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I’m kinda irked since my boons for days Guardian was not only my main, but the one i got my commander tag on BECAUSE he was a boon monkey that could support that well from the front line. Now the build is nerfed and I am left with a commander that doesn’t “work” the same way. I’m really not happy about that.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Yep, I’m very irked about it. I’ve been playing around in PvP with a spin off of an old build I used to like and I think I might actually go to it now instead of my Virtous Blade build, which featured boon duration as a keystone.

Anyways, the new build is a variation of the Monk’s Focus build but is nowhere near what the meta for MF is now. It’s been proving very effective so far and I’m thinking it kick some butt in WvW. But guess what it doesn’t have: Boon Duration.

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

actually “overall” boon duration got lower, but specific boon duration got boosted quite a bit, take for example Runes of Strength gives you 45% might duration and a whole lot of power and extra damage… so now you have to choose what kind of boon you want to stack

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

actually “overall” boon duration got lower, but specific boon duration got boosted quite a bit, take for example Runes of Strength gives you 45% might duration and a whole lot of power and extra damage… so now you have to choose what kind of boon you want to stack

Except, we had that before with ALL boons, not just specific ones. In fact, specific ones got reduced as well. You could have set it up to have higher than 45% boon duration for specific ones like Might before the patch.

Besides, my build in particular didn’t really focus on specific boons, it focused on having as many up as possible for the Virtues 25 trait. Other builds also depended on that. As you can see, there’s several nerfs involved in boon duration reduction, not just duration itself.

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I’ve tried something else.
80% BD + Hallowed Ground

I sacrificed a lot less than the previous build. It becomes perfect for max duration might stacking. Do mind that this is a primarily WvW build. I don’t know whether it could work so well in other game modes. In sPvP at the most you can get is about 70% BD.
edit: Made this a couple days before the builder was updated so sigils aren’t right

Devona’s Rest

(edited by blakdoxa.7520)

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: LordHogFred.3691

LordHogFred.3691

Just wanted to add my disappointment to this nerf as well.
I’m not too fussed I’ll probably just move over to zerker gear now. It was nice to actually have a a support build that was noticeable when in groups.
I can only assume that ANet didn’t realise so many people actually used BD builds. So what if it’s not the most efficient way to play, it was really fun being able to have high up time on most boons, made me really feel like a powerful party buffing machine.
Oh well.

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucente.5071

Lucente.5071

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQFAWlsApZotCxWI8DNRCRl9M8fBI2fQIkCXFAA-TFyFABo9AAMa/BaU+188HHuAAJq+DAKBrTHQAAEAH9oH9oH9oREAzxWA-w

Still possible, you lose some stats on the jewlery but still very viable. I actually like some of the changes to water runes. Cant complain about passive condi removal!

Corrupted Moneybagz – Thief / Moneyz – Warrior
[vT] Violent Tendencies

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Blue Gale Storm.4795

Blue Gale Storm.4795

I too was using Boon’s and outgoing healing. I’ve amassed aproximately + 76% boon duration with a build I came up with by sacrificing dps and vit to ensure the party survives. I’ve been through some hard dungeons and fractals with beginners and survived because of it.

Thanks Anet, I pretty much solely play my guardian for pugging and keeping newer players alive long enough in fractals and dungeons in order for them to learn with little frustration. Now most builds rely soley on dps. Ive been a fairly active player and have vouched for anet with most of their ideas being for the better, but you’ve ruined guardian for me. I cannot play the guardian the way I like and thus cannot play the game the way I like. I’m probably still going to get on from time to time but I think I’m mostly done until they fix this. Not a big fan of the new build system…. Less diversity.

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I too was using Boon’s and outgoing healing. I’ve amassed aproximately + 76% boon duration with a build I came up with by sacrificing dps and vit to ensure the party survives. I’ve been through some hard dungeons and fractals with beginners and survived because of it.

Thanks Anet, I pretty much solely play my guardian for pugging and keeping newer players alive long enough in fractals and dungeons in order for them to learn with little frustration. Now most builds rely soley on dps. Ive been a fairly active player and have vouched for anet with most of their ideas being for the better, but you’ve ruined guardian for me. I cannot play the guardian the way I like and thus cannot play the game the way I like. I’m probably still going to get on from time to time but I think I’m mostly done until they fix this. Not a big fan of the new build system…. Less diversity.

^Anet doesnt want u play that style u must go meditation or buy DH.
Also more builds deiversity means more work for them to balance… reason classes have one or two supbar builds, i am gona wait for the balance patches ..

The class that deppended alot of boon duration now deppends the fire damage to kill…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Boon Duration nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I thought this was the guardian fourms…Did I wander into the necro fourms by mistake?

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”