Bruiser Guard

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Sylpheed.8163

Sylpheed.8163

Does it exist? I might consider coming back from hiatus with a friend since I quit after playing HoT, got tired of the power creep etc. Used to play cleric/ptv guardian in wvw but now I’m curious if there’s any all around build/stats that has good sustain and average damage. I can craft zealots and celestial but not anything hot related atm. Usually roam with a small group of 2-3, so shouts prefered, even though they seem to suck now.

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

“Bruiser” usually refers to a tank which slowly wins the fights through attrition; power trapper and burning DH/Guard aren’t exactly “tanks” but both have sustain and trend to win fights gradually eroding their foes -instead of through huge burst-.

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Sylpheed.8163

“Bruiser” usually refers to a tank which slowly wins the fights through attrition; power trapper and burning DH/Guard aren’t exactly “tanks” but both have sustain and trend to win fights gradually eroding their foes -instead of through huge burst-.

Yeah I know what a bruiser is, don’t want zerker medi trappers or marauders as I prefer to be tanky and helping my roamers out with a tankish set. I’ll look at burn DH but I don’t think they use shouts either.

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

I play a core bruiser guard. In a pvp match I can do around 500k damage usually and heal 200-250k. Its great since I can burst people down while supporting my teams necro.

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

try this

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_Symbolic

but then use the menders amulet version.

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Sylpheed.8163

I play a core bruiser guard. In a pvp match I can do around 500k damage usually and heal 200-250k. Its great since I can burst people down while supporting my teams necro.

What would the wvw variation be? I like the healing amount you’ve listed!

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

try this

The supportive version of the Symbolic Guardian is probably the best definition of bruiser so far. A Burn build would probably be second.

Fishsticks

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Gwaihir.1745

Heres the jist of the build but I wouldn’t recommend it for wvw. It works in pvp since people are forced to ress on a point, and you just don’t do that vs burning damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsf7dlsAhyhYzQwbIwPEHJEVeG+vB8usBQCg3gMYFA-TpgAQBA4JAIxyAAA

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Sylpheed.8163

try this

The supportive version of the Symbolic Guardian is probably the best definition of bruiser so far. A Burn build would probably be second.

Guess it’s time to mix and match gear to find a similar stat combination as menders then.

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Sylpheed.8163

Heres the jist of the build but I wouldn’t recommend it for wvw. It works in pvp since people are forced to ress on a point, and you just don’t do that vs burning damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsf7dlsAhyhYzQwbIwPEHJEVeG+vB8usBQCg3gMYFA-TpgAQBA4JAIxyAAA

I mean it doesn’t have to be the best build in the world, just needs to function well enough. Is celestial thing still post hot or did it die?

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Bruiser would work with guardian runes, trait to burn on block and damange on block, still we cant have that nor our stats support that genra of build, best we can have is the burn “DPS” build.

Besides no damage guardian(mace/shiel – shouts combo).. can even be ignored in combat, or killed w/ any effort.

Ive tryed mace shield sword focus combo with traps on the past, being carried purelly by traps dazing and damage targets was the most useless gameplay ive found, still sadly needed traps gimmickness for damage…. anything outside medi trap combo does not performs well or have poor effect in the combat…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

try this

Guess it’s time to mix and match gear to find a similar stat combination as menders then.

I’d also like to add , that adding runes of the defender gives guardians with mender esque stats incredible sustain. Not mandatory but a very, nice option for bruiser guard.

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Gwaihir.1745

I run a defenders runeset/clerics set in wvw when zerging. Taking merciful intervention with valor its about a 6k personal heal, shelter gains an additional 2.3k healing for around 7.5k total. And your dodge rolls heal for 1.3k if you take honor w/ aegis giving 900 ish heals. Shield 5 heals for around 1.8k and any other meditations you use heal you for 2.3k a pop.

Now the defender runes make the deal, they heal for around 5k every 30s and give permanent regeneration for around 380 hp/s. Pair with your f2 virtue it comes to around 550 hp/s, but you still have enough power to make a viable damage contribution in a group.

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

In terms of heals guardian is not bad at all, but against the skill spam avaliable in this game it could heal a bit to cover the lack of health in some skills.

Still the issue of bruiser it is a problem for the guardian, sometimes it feels that was the intention for Anet to make guardiana bruiser but our stats and traits dont allow that, theres to much conflict to aquire that setup that makes a useless build with low damage and low surviability compared with other classes.
Being forced to use traps is a awfull conceptm or meditation most of time, anything else does not work… because its way to weak effect.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Gwaihir.1745

Lol I’ve arrived in the pvp big leagues with the build I posted. Qued with a PZ duo vs some other esl players. Some random from Team PZ completely lost it, like serious threats when he saw my core guardian icon before the match. Won it anyways. Not only lessened my respect for anyone playing esl but from what I saw they had terrible map awareness and still got hit by easy dodges things like the khylo trebuchet. Made my day lol.

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Lol I’ve arrived in the pvp big leagues with the build I posted. Qued with a PZ duo vs some other esl players. Some random from Team PZ completely lost it, like serious threats when he saw my core guardian icon before the match. Won it anyways. Not only lessened my respect for anyone playing esl but from what I saw they had terrible map awareness and still got hit by easy dodges things like the khylo trebuchet. Made my day lol.

It’s definitely interesting. How survivable is it exactly? I ran something similar with radiance instead of honor. The dmg is incredible, especially on downed ppl and carried me ez out of silver/early gold but now it’s starting to feel a bit too glassy. Was going to try burn DH but I might try this instead.

Bruiser Guard

in Guardian

Gwaihir.1745

That’s why I dropped radiance to push it higher. With the honor heals from aegis, symbols, and dodge rolls the small damage boost from radiance is overshadowed. You can also off support for a necro when your ele is elsewhere.

Vs more than 2 you can get hit quite hard. You have to do one hell of a strafe to keep it alive, roll back then sword 2 to wherever they think you won’t be etc.