Build Feedback - Havoc Support WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Animosity.5968

Animosity.5968

http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJASWlsApWotCxfH8DNRCRldR8fBI2fwJkCXFAA-TlSDABO8AAOS5nvq/IwRAoAzP8qLgp9HAwEkEXCAIUCSKAn2CA-w

Build is mostly used as a tank that can strip condi’s, bit of burst healing via staff/VoR and some area denial/anti stomp/Blasting with hammer. Build is working fairly good, first time playing a support role with my 4 mates and it’s a very Different playstyle. I know i have to learn to rotate my shouts and let some condi’s tick a little before blowing CD’s to avoid becoming completely on CD. I’m just wondering if there’s anything the community would swap out/change? mostly with the traits as I find the extra stability is nice on VoC but idk if I should go that deep into virtues. although i don’t know what else i’d take in its stead. Had some fun with taking JI over HTL for a JI + RoW combo to allow for a setup for my dps to blast. Anyways, Idea’s? (was running 0/0/4/6/4 when I had JI as utility)

P.s. I made nomads over Clerics because with clerics I was dying after people noticed I was keeping my mates up. I do lose some power and healing power but i have over 1000 healing power and don’t rly notice it and clerics still hits like a noodle so now I’m a wet noodle but hey its not much of a difference.

in Guardian

Posted by: Biske Von Gottlich.6927

Biske Von Gottlich.6927

Two changes I’d make right at the start are your food buffs. Bring precision oils instead of sharpening stones. You’ll get extra vigor on crit from Vigorous Precision for more dodges. Also bring http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Delicious_Rice_Ball instead of the kralkachocolate. It’s cheaper and better.

That being said, your build seems to be kinda split in what it wants to do. It looks very effective at cleansing conditions, yet doesn’t output enough healing to be worth going full nomads/clerics.

There’s two main support builds I like, depending on which grandmaster you want to use in your honor line (PoV or BP). Since you already have nomads armor and clerics trinkets I’d suggest going for a battle presence build instead of pure of voice. The only synergy healing power has with PoV is when it converts conditions into regeneration or aegis (with the healing aegis trait).

Here’s a couple builds my guild has success with
PoV support (you can easily stick trooper runes on here if you want)
Dedicated Healer (plus the new rice balls)

Battle Presence and Selfless Daring make up the bulk of potential heals a guardian can output, so if you want to be a healer you’ll want to try to take advantage of these traits as much as possible. Battle Presence ticking for ~310/s and dodge rolling healing for ~2400 (depending on your medic bonus) provides some really nice sustain for your group.

Personally I find purging flames, on top of Absolute Resolution, to be sufficient at cleansing my party’s conditions when fighting condi heavy groups.

As far as weapons, I think anything including staff is good. I prefer running with the shield because it counters shadow refuge. Knocking thieves out of shadow refuge and letting my group mob them is really satisfying.

But… it all comes down to what you want to play. Small havoc is the only place where dedicated healers can really shine, so I try to advocate it whenever I get a chance lol.

Vemynal [RAM]
Guardian Asura
Yak’s Bend

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It’s a good build. It’s pretty much exactly what I use for group comp. Only differences is I have ascended, also different consumables and sigils. For consumables; Bountiful Sharpening Stone and Bowl of Nopalitos Saute. This will give you an extra 30% boon duration (total of 60%), this is very beneficial for this build, since it relies heavily on boons and your allies also benefit from it. For sigil I use Renewal over Water, however they pretty much do that same thing, so it’s just preference.

Other than that I really wouldn’t change anything with it. I’ve been using it for quite sometime now, and it’s the best possible support you can go for small groups.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Animosity.5968

Animosity.5968

The Bountiful stones would be nice but they are too expensive for me to make atm (ill work towards it though) but for now that oil suggestion makes sense. The Nopalitos saute is also a bit expensive for me but i had recently bought up about 150 gold dumplings http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fried_Golden_Dumpling for the same reason your using that saute. Ill also look into renewal, this i was gonna get it but it was hella expensive if i remember correctly

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Oil actually doesn’t do the build that much good for a number of reason. First, you’ll have high up keep time with Fury to begin with. This is due to SYYs and your teammates will also probably be providing Fury. Second, you have dual energy sigils. Lastly, VP has a 10 second CD, so regardless of your CC you’ll have to wait 10 seconds for it to proc. If you were using other on crit sigils or traits, then yes it would make sense to use it. However, using oil just for VP isn’t worth it. On the other hand power is always useful regardless of the build.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage