Builds

Builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Major Bee.9571

Major Bee.9571

Q:

I need some help with how to build my Guardian.
Can’t really find anything updated on the forums.

What stats do i go for, for my gear? i want to run fractals and dungeons.

Also what build? dont have dragonhunter unlocked yet.

Thanks in advance!

Builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

Guardians builds are mostly dps builds, and DH is kinda crucial. Since u lack DH, your dps will be not as optimal, which translates into longer fights.

Enter the hammer guardian, which provides perma protection for the party, allowing ur team to survive better; it’s a relatively dull playstyle though, since u will be auto-attacking most of the time. Hammer guardian works just as well for both core guard and DH. The main traits are Writ of persistence (Honor) and Symbolic avenger(Zeal).

As for gear, zerker stats. Wpns: hammer for main, scepter/focus for secondary.

Another option would be the mediation guardian, but that’s a more selfish playstyle with more focus on self-substain. Main trait is Monk Focus (Valor). U could even create a hybrid spec with hammer mediation guard.

Builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

Would Marauder stats be good as well, if you are not a fan of the low health?

Builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Diswan.8156

Diswan.8156

You can go marauder but there was a big update changing the meta, it would look that if built correctly guards wont need more presicion from gear, or maybe just a little bit. In that case there is still no meta. Maybe valk but there is some testing needed first

Builds

in Guardian

Posted by: scionofhorus.8629

scionofhorus.8629

I’m far from an expert and I suspect raiding or fractal builds will be better tuned but I’ve been running this build in the open world:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJARTn8cCddilDBOCBEEhl4BrKA0AqXWhg8VkSe/1/WgA-TxRBQB6RXgJVCmRlfWS9nbs/wDuEAA4JAAA-e

Note that the final Radiance ability isn’t updated in that builder. In game it gives +50% chance to crit when Retaliation is active as well as giving stacks of Might every second you’re under Retaliation. The thought process behind the build is to maximize burn uptime at 3 stacks for near-constant Fury as well as running lots of ways to throw down Retaliation.

I went with Valkyrie because when properly self-buffed you have a 100% crit chance, but I could see running more Valkyrie pieces if you have other means of gaining crit. Of course, Valkyrie’s vitality over an offensive stat is less than ideal for top level play, but I suck at this game and the HP buffer is nice.

EDIT: Oops, forgot about Radiant Power giving +10% crit on burning enemies. Changed the amulet and a ring to Valkyrie, bringing my crit chance to close to 20%. Here’s the adjusted build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJARTn8cCddilDBOCBEEhl4BTe/1/WgVBgGQ9yKEkviUA-TBSBQBA4JAYSlgiUZRGVq9gLBwN2fwSq/oHdBAA-e

(edited by scionofhorus.8629)