Burn Build guide unsticky?

in Guardian

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

So the pyroclasim (sic?) Guide got taken down? I was running a burn build last night for some fun in hot hot hot join, and wanted to compare my build with the established one. Now I see it has been taken down, and this gives me hope. Hope that something will be done with guards that will give them a build or purpose that can actually compete with the support/bunker build. Conditions would not have been my first choice as I enjoy my burst med build and would love to see a viable power build, but veriaty is veriaty and I am bored to tears. Burst guardian is as close as we have right now (still not quite there), and the power guardian ship sailed dec 10th. All hail the condition guardian?

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Its because they don’t want the math showing that its not worth it. >.> More seriously, mostly because it was kind of shown that burning will almost never equal power regardless of how you do it, even with kindled zeal, even with perm wrath, the math just shows that without a constant supply of other conditions, it just doesn’t compare.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Its because they don’t want the math showing that its not worth it. >.> More seriously, mostly because it was kind of shown that burning will almost never equal power regardless of how you do it, even with kindled zeal, even with perm wrath, the math just shows that without a constant supply of other conditions, it just doesn’t compare.

If that is really the reason then its disheartening.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Yeah that was the closest thing to a condition guardian, how many of those do you see running around? Every other class can can do conditions and have multiple sources of varied conditions they can apply, also condition damage is kind of a big deal in player vs player content. So we get to bring Burning to that fight … yay..

in the mean time, anyone who can crit proc bleeds or have bleeding just built in to their auto attack can wear out our condition cleanses and then chew through our relatively low health pool. I don’t have a problem with Guardians health pool in most cases i understand why it is that way, but with so much condition damage flying around it makes it more noticeable.

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

I noticed this yesterday – I think it’s because I haven’t updated it in a while, but I wasn’t contacted about it. I was actually hopping on yesterday to update it, but.. c’est la vie :P

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

Not picking on Eveningstar or their guide as it was very helpful but it is over year old and that account hasn’t posted a message in 10 months. That doesn’t seem right that they would drop your guide for lack of updates.

I would suggest putting your new updates in your guide and we can all request for it to be sticked again. It needs to get bumped to the top and what better way to do that than with an updated guide?

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

That is sort of too bad. I have used Foofad’s guide and the other one Obenta’s I believe. I have a full condition / burn set that I play with out in WvW. Not great by any means but it is different and fun never the less…

Wonder if it is in google cache by any chance…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

If you’re talking about foo’s guide the link is in their signature. It just got unstickied not deleted.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

It was great at pointing out some core mechanical strengths and flaws of guardians and conditions. I really think that there is some great potential to a burn build guardian, it just lacks survival.

I ran a carrion (cond/pow/vit) amulet with both a 30/10/0/0/30 build and a 10/25/0/5/30 build both with permeating wrath and supreme justice. I had more DPS in the radiance build vs the Kindled Zeal in zeal, thanks to a good crit chance with precision, 10% from radiant power and gobs of fury from inner fire. Condition Damage from 25 in radience was roughly equal to the added damage from Kindled Zeal. Plus radiance build offered more survival due to vigorous precision along with securing stomps with renewed justice.

To add insult to injury for Kindled Zeal, the added burn duration in the zeal line was useless as well. I find one of the odd strengths of burning on the guardian to be the short duration spammy damage. Opponents who try to clear conditions while still in the fight will have burn reapplied right after, ticking for the same damage as before. Using staff and GS with Sigils of Fire I was able to stack up a LOT of burn duration, ticking for 666 damage every second, and around 750 when they backed off and I used Empowering Might.

My attack with Runes of Balthazar was just under 3k, armor 2100 and hp 17.7k. I used a sigil recharge reduction build with resolve, judgement to make up for lack of toughness, and used wrath for the heck of it. I also used purging flames for condi removal and more burning (even more with GS and fire field). It could probably use some tweaks but it was fun and I never ranked less than #2 in my hot join hero matches.

Not sure how anet will attempt to build a viable condi guardian, but it will be interesting to find out. Just hope they put more effort into it than the ‘power guardian’ they fumbled.

in Guardian

foofad.5162

I’m glad you had some success. Kindled Zeal is indeed worthless, and the +3% buff they added isn’t doing anyone any favors. It’s really not an issue of us not being able to stack condition damage high enough; it’s an issue of us not having enough conditions through which to apply the damage.

Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Its ironic, guardian can achieve the highest condition damage out of all the classes. But they do not have a condition damage build that is viable.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I presume it was removed because there are too many stickies ATM. The guide itself was full of awesome information.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

I’ve given a nudge to the mods… hopefully it was just a clerical error

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Its ironic, guardian can achieve the highest condition damage out of all the classes. But they do not have a condition damage build that is viable.

Staff would make an AWESOME condition weapon in group fights, but yeah -.-

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

The only people that think that you can make conditions work on guardians are people new to the game, people that do not have an in dept grasp of the game or are the developers in charge of class balance.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Guardian Condi Build:
30 Virtues
Sigil of Terror
Runes of Perplexity
Apoth Bunker

Thundercats HOOOOOO!

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Guardian Condi Build:
30 Virtues
Sigil of Terror
Runes of Perplexity
Apoth Bunker

Thundercats HOOOOOO!

Just wondering how the Perplexity runes would work since confusion isn’t something we generate? Or is it just because the other bonuses?

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

foofad.5162

Guardian Condi Build:
30 Virtues
Sigil of Terror
Runes of Perplexity
Apoth Bunker

Thundercats HOOOOOO!

Just wondering how the Perplexity runes would work since confusion isn’t something we generate? Or is it just because the other bonuses?

Perplexity generates confusion on interrupts. So between Wall/Ring of Warding, Banish, shield 5, etc you can potentially interrupt a lot of different people. It’s a little janky on Guardians though, much easier with a Warrior – Mace/Hammer Perplexity builds are nuts.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Perplex runes also generate confusion on merely being hit (#4). The interrupts are a bit harder to get on Guard, but that’s where most of the confusion comes from anyways.

Kindled Zeal wasn’t really a buff imo, since the Devs stated they were normalizing the stat conversion traits across the game. Its not that they buffed a lackluster trait in its current form, but that they just fiddled with some numbers across all professions. If it weren’t for that, Kindled Zeal (and Retributive armor for that matter) probably wouldn’t have been mentioned in the patch notes.

Maybe the Power Guardian is here, but we can’t see it. Maybe they’ll keep egging it along until we see it as was the case with control wars. Hopefully the Condition Guardian comes out swinging. Maybe I’ll post on topic. Maybe Foo gets his sticky back.

I’ve been really wanting to run a 5 Guard group with full Settler’s/Apoth, stacking Battle Presence, and (somehow) stacking Permeating Wrath. I want to see clouds of little green and red numbers fly.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

I’ve been really wanting to run a 5 Guard group with full Settler’s/Apoth, stacking Battle Presence, and (somehow) stacking Permeating Wrath. I want to see clouds of little green and red numbers fly.

Needs to come just in time for Christmas.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Guardian

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

The only people that think that you can make conditions work on guardians are people new to the game, people that do not have an in dept grasp of the game or are the developers in charge of class balance.

Very true. I’m glad it was un-stickied. Guards that say they run burn builds raise red flags in players minds indeed….

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Guardian

foofad.5162

Needs to come just in time for Christmas.

Battle Presence doesn’t stack. Writ of the Merciful does, however.

Very true. I’m glad it was un-stickied. Guards that say they run burn builds raise red flags in players minds indeed….

If you’d actually read the guide or participated in the overarching discussion about Guardian burn builds, you’d realize that no one recommends building for Condition Damage, only selecting traits to maximize Burning application. Which, in the case of Permeating Wrath, is a significant AOE damage increase. The guide was as much a warning of what not to do (Condition Damage when we only have one condition) as it was a suggestion of what to do. If you think that deserves being unstickied, well… I guess you aren’t a fan of nonmeta builds. Which is fine, but I hardly think that spreading general information deserves censure.