Burn DH sPvP Build

Burn DH sPvP Build

in Guardian

Posted by: xiao.2614

xiao.2614

WARNING! Before writing any comment after just clicking link with build read text below, very helpful, trust me!

Hi, im Xiao. I have alot of mmorpg expirience and played gw2 pre-hot with power shatter mesmer. I have only 1 main character in every game I played and nowadays I started main Guardian some time ago since power shatter mes is very weak and mechanics of class is easy and outdated not intresting for me anymore. This is my comeback to game after HoT release.

So I decide to share with you my variation of Burn DH build. This is improved build from metabattle. I choose Guardian over others cuz I kitteng love torch5 animation so I was wondering if is the any build with torch. So i started to play exactly build from metabattle (meditrapper and burn) and found that meditrapper is just not my style though is strong build and burn could be in “my style” but need improvment. I will try to be as short as I can and not describe basic combos or obvious synergies.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRArf8dlsAhyhYzQwUIwPEL+DlVAUB15V4eBfgc5f+tPA-TJBGwAAeCANLDoZ/hEnEAA

Now I will try to explain (though my english is kitteng bad) diffrences between mine and metabattle versions.

1. Block-healing instead of trap-healing: it cant be interrupted and making heal ability offensive-defensive. Yea yea yea daze on trap is good but thats not what we need in this build and trap requires melee enemy to be activated. Yea it heals more but that fact doesnt mean its better. The point of good build is synergy between everything and not just set of “value” abilities together.

2. Retreat instead of condi-cleanse (smite condition/contemplation of purity). Reatreat is kitteng insane. Its kitteng M-Mobility for Guardians. At start I wasnt even considering any utility instead of condi-cleanse (JI, PoF are cores for sure) but after played 15-20 matches I realized that Im kinda like bunker version of dps build, slow with more than needed heals and cleanses, I literally was using f2 for mobility and f3 (fking 70+ sec cd) for stomping. And when 2 or more heavy-condi dmg enemies outnumbering me I die anyway. Again 1 immob on sc3 doesnt help. So I took Retreat and Soaring Devastation (instead of daze on trap) for immob on Resolve jump.

3. Sigils. I tested all good sigils and found that you dont need any damage from sigils. Dont forget that our attacks are very frequent and crit-chance is 39%. Obviously its more than enough to proc any crit-chance sigil. So I choose blood plus leeching just for little bit of sustain, you dont need air or condi-proc or smth on weapon swap. Those doom plus bleed-on-swap not worth it bcuz u are forced to swap to cover burning but classes with alot of condi-cleanse dont give a kitten about 2 more condis and applying burning isnt a problem, you can do it constantly. Actually its one of the features why I love this class with this build, only 1 condi-type but viable. The only exception is generosity instead of blood.

If summarize this we got:
- mobile out of combat, highly mobile in-combat damage dealer;
- good presure (you called it “sustained” here yea?) dmg, very high burst dmg (btw hybrid type of dmg is also so powerful thing in this build);
- good condi cleanse (insane by the fact we are dd class with offensive amulet, runes, sigils);
- good healing (too good tbh ;D);
- hard to get cc’ed, alot of possibilities to disengage or turn a fight for your advantage.

Very hard mutchups (at least for me and by “hard” I mean 50-50 chances or less in your favor) are bunker rangers, meta engis and mesmers. To beat them you must know their build, cds, have all your important cds, dont waste skills, good ping, reaction time, mechanical skill (Im not sure if random forum user can take this build and beat meta, no offense though Kappa).

To be good you also need to practice alot such things as using f1 for blind+refreshing cd, knowing when to use f2 for immob and dmg and when not, proper using of sw2 and JI, burst with zealot’s fire+JI or JI+focus5 and so on.

I’m pretty sure I forgot something I want to write more but waht ever.

One more thing, if you are forum-theory-crafter, unskilled casual player or pve hero just abstain from posting in this thread, I would appreaciate it. For others, just try it out for 15-20 games you will be surprised.

Have fun.

Burn DH sPvP Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Don’t trip on that Hubris

Fishsticks

Burn DH sPvP Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

If you think it’s a fun build then it doesn’t matter what our opinions are.

If you’re asking whether or not it’s good compared to meta power dh, it’s not, and that goes for all guardian burn builds. Other classes do it better and your soft counters in tpvp just increased from 3 to 5.

You can use almost any build and grind your way to Legendary.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Burn DH sPvP Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

If you think it’s a fun build then it doesn’t matter what our opinions are.

If you’re asking whether or not it’s good compared to meta power dh, it’s not, and that goes for all guardian burn builds. Other classes do it better and your soft counters in tpvp just increased from 3 to 5.

You can use almost any build and grind your way to Legendary.

It doesn’t matter that you got to Legendary but it matters how many matches it takes you to get to legendary.

And in reply to the topic. There have been tons of burn builds over the years and a lot of them are quite similar to yours. All you need to do is just google them to make sure you’re not re-posting.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

Burn DH sPvP Build

in Guardian

Posted by: xiao.2614

xiao.2614

When season starts I’ll posy here how many matches it takes to get legendary.

Burn DH sPvP Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

When season starts I’ll posy here how many matches it takes to get legendary.

Utilizing just a burn build in soloQ? That would actually be interesting

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld