Burn application too fast

in Guardian

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Simply put, for how much burn does in dmg, guardians can stack it up too high too fast.

inb4 guardians defend it.

Doesnt matter if anet reads this anyway, or agrees/disagrees with it. They seem to not give a flying fart about making balance changes.

Also, hi guardians :P I hate you, your pull, and how much defense you have for how much dmg you can do.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

You’re making a post on the Guardian forum, what do you expect?

Guardians also only have one damage condition that is easily negated or cleared.

And if you’re regularly dying to burn guard, reevaluate how you’re playing.

P.S. I play Mesmer.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Guardian

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

You could try not running in and out of purging flames 10x times.

in Guardian

Posted by: RUNICBLACK.7630

RUNICBLACK.7630

That’s funny coming from a Necro, I main a Guardian but I got tired of get wiped once you got passed the players that knew how to counter either of our two main build options (burn or traps or variations of) so I swapped to using either a Necro or a Warrior depending what pvp lobby was like at that time and both gave me ALOT! more options so I have to ask how have spec’d out your character for clearing conditions. Must Necro’s just give right back and then some. I’m really not trying to snipe at you just wondering if you really don’t get it or if your trolling.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I guess you’re talking about the current WvW frontline guard/necro epi meta? Almost all the damage comes from condi whilst the frontlines hit like wet noodles. Just bring lots of party condi removal.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Lahmia.2193, wich means bring PF it does both roles, one thing that i like to do is try to overstack PF on top of others pf oif target dont dodge and thinks its only one PF and dont care to dodge..

(off topic tip)
Still migh not be the issue…the damage classes do.
Issue with brun, condis, whatever is the aoe+range+cleave that are way to easy to be spammed, theres to much spam where should be more a single target game and some classes more specialized to aoe(necro/elementalist), it would require more team play more spike effort and less smash keyboard, less players complayning, since even auto atacks, are cleaves, and some even aply condition easilly that are easy overstack.
IF game would have been more single target classes migh even behave more balanced…with the actually balance, and probably pvp and wbw would have much better fight without all the lag…less calculations server side, and i bet alot of underused skill would become more uselefull and more skill variety will make game way more fun.

Classes were disigned to carry players in pve trough some aoe/cleave spam, and that is what is making pvp very bad at this game.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

A whining post eh? Why don’t you try to explain your situation, and perhaps we can share some insight on how to counter a Burn Guard?

To tell you the truth, yes, with my Burn Guard build, Necro is my food in pvp matches =D

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

(edited by yLoon.5289)

in Guardian

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

I main a Guardian. I don’t play Guardian in PvP because it doesn’t suit my playstyle, also because they’re somehow cheap IMHO when stacking (2 or more on a point) or against new players.

I play power Necro and condi Warrior in PvP and rarely lose a 1v1 vs a Guardian. Just know that they (we)‘re 1 trick ponies that won’t have anything else to do if you cleanse/transfer the initial burning burst (Base Guardian Burn Burst Build) or stay out of traps/dodge out when you get pulled (Meditrapper). One way to tell them apart is the Virtues (core Guardian for burning and DH for Trappers).

Watch some videos and I say respectfully to L2P against the class because yeah, balance won’t come any time soon.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Honestly bring a condi cleanse guardians condi builds truly only really focus on burning they barely have stuff to cover it outside of sigils. I really only find you run into issues when they’re in teamfight like settings and the majority of the enemy team is also condi on classes that have a nice amount of cover condis to protect others.

Every class is capable of putting out decent condi cleansing or transferring you may have to sacrifice some damage but not getting burnt down insanely quick is pretty important so switch up utility and even traitlines where needed

in Guardian

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193, wich means bring PF it does both roles, one thing that i like to do is try to overstack PF on top of others pf oif target dont dodge and thinks its only one PF and dont care to dodge..

(off topic tip)
Still migh not be the issue…the damage classes do.
Issue with brun, condis, whatever is the aoe+range+cleave that are way to easy to be spammed, theres to much spam where should be more a single target game and some classes more specialized to aoe(necro/elementalist), it would require more team play more spike effort and less smash keyboard, less players complayning, since even auto atacks, are cleaves, and some even aply condition easilly that are easy overstack.
IF game would have been more single target classes migh even behave more balanced…with the actually balance, and probably pvp and wbw would have much better fight without all the lag…less calculations server side, and i bet alot of underused skill would become more uselefull and more skill variety will make game way more fun.

Classes were disigned to carry players in pve trough some aoe/cleave spam, and that is what is making pvp very bad at this game.

Oh aye. Purging Flames is one of the big damage dealers in the current comp.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Our burning is not the problem, problem is condi dmg overall. Its just too high atm.

Was trolling with condi build in pvp and wvw, ppl were melting in seconds.

I even made druid trapper with trapper runes, this best trolling build.

I hate playing with condi dmg but it feels so unskilled and noob friendly that it hurts.

(edited by Ragnarox.9601)

in Guardian

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I like the burn guardian and before hot there was a large amount of counter for this build that it was not truly a problem (still if it was really strong).
Now the F3 block for a lot and grant lesser counterplay like condi transfer and similar (with traits, sigil or necro skills-unless the mark that can be unblockable-).

there’s also to say that the amount of clean skills in this game, both personal and aoe, are more and more than before hot, making the guardian work harder in 4v4 fights if there’s a necro or/and an ele to clean or send back your burn.

In 1v1 there’s to say that burn is the only condition aguardian can inflict you, then it’s really really easy to clean, making the enemy damage fall to 0.

it’s strong but not insanely strong. can build up burn quickly with the right combo but can also be cleared at the same speed.

It’s a balanced build, right now, if compared to all the other direct and condition builds that walks in this meta.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Silv.9207, dont the pet with some trait has a unblockable kd or interrupt??

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I dunno, if I was on a necromancer facing a burn guard I’d just give him his burn stacks back…..

in Guardian

Posted by: Rune Darkmoor.3269

Rune Darkmoor.3269

I dunno, if I was on a necromancer facing a burn guard I’d just give him his burn stacks back…..

If a necro chooses to do this I’ll full stack 16+ burns on them, pop Renewed focus offensively when I expect him to try throwing them back so that he can’t. Most necros will melt with that much burn during the channel duration of RF. Lol

It becomes a game of chicken. Will he be able to toss them back, or will he melt first… Very entertaining.