Burn guardian is BACK IN PVE!

in Guardian

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

nah not because of buffs, but because they completely broken viper warrior and it does no damage at all. Prepare for viper guardians to come running out the woodwork

in Guardian

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

i’m waiting for Obal to give his thoughts on the patch notes.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

? Viper warrior is broken, so Guardians are going to rush out and equip viper armor?

Maybe people should keep the warrior QQ in the warrior forum?

in Guardian

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

I can see all the scepter 1 spam with a sigil of earth equiped LOL. #VipERGuard

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Guardian

Azure.8670

? Viper warrior is broken, so Guardians are going to rush out and equip viper armor?

Maybe people should keep the warrior QQ in the warrior forum?

nope this is legit, not QQ.

in Guardian

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

How is this even close to “legit”? Condi guardian was always mid tier. If viper warrior is indeed as badly nerfed as you suggest here, engi is top dog again, followed by ranger. And I’m pretty sure both necro and the nerfed viper warrior are still above condi guard as it was always a slightly worse alternative to the power build which already doesn’t hit that great.

in Guardian

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

Nah, I think what he’s saying was “legit” was his excitement that burn guard might hold the proverbial torch for being best at burning (and be able to slide in mid-tier?). And considering how warrior’s Berserker Stance will get them eaten alive by necros, condi guard might actually have a better chance than burnzerker at living long enough to stack fire. I don’t know anything about that though.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

in Guardian

cranos.5913

Nah, I think what he’s saying was “legit” was his excitement that burn guard might hold the proverbial torch for being best at burning (and be able to slide in mid-tier?). And considering how warrior’s Berserker Stance will get them eaten alive by necros, condi guard might actually have a better chance than burnzerker at living long enough to stack fire. I don’t know anything about that though.

Read the title. He’s talking about PvE.

in Guardian

King Cephalopod.7942

Whoops. I’d like to think I’m able to see large capitalized title threads, but apparently not. Still, pretty sure the “legit” is about the emotion at the potential, rather than the actual viability.

in Guardian

cranos.5913

Whoops. I’d like to think I’m able to see large capitalized title threads, but apparently not. Still, pretty sure the “legit” is about the emotion at the potential, rather than the actual viability.

Hardly the main point of my post. A nerf to viper warrior doesn’t suddenly buff condi guard considering there are still lots of other classes above it. Heck, I bet even ele beats us easy.

in Guardian

King Cephalopod.7942

Well, I had nothing to disagree with in the rest of your post.

in Guardian

Azure.8670

boom and yes this is it exactly

in Guardian

Azure.8670

ok so honestly guardian isnt great at anything. were much closer to being a strong condi class than we are power at this point. I miss using my guard and im trying to find any reason to use it. We are literally a joke class currently, and burning can POSSIBLY do something. We are a meh tank and lol dps power wise

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

That’s quite a bit of sensational nonsense to be frank. We get you don’t like the changes. Just say so and be done with it. In fact you are right. Guardian isn’t great at anything; ever think that’s Anet’s intention?

In addition, nothing has changed with relation to power vs. condi Guardian. Power is still better in MOST circumstances. If you want to QQ, at least use some truth to do it.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

cranos.5913

ok so honestly guardian isnt great at anything. were much closer to being a strong condi class than we are power at this point. I miss using my guard and im trying to find any reason to use it. We are literally a joke class currently, and burning can POSSIBLY do something. We are a meh tank and lol dps power wise

Condi does less dmg then power on guardian so I can’t rly follow that train of thought.

in Guardian

Posted by: zangato.2809

zangato.2809

i think i agree with this one.

“guardian is a joke”

Blitzhartwright – 7780s

in Guardian

Azure.8670

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/42uz0c/secret_testers_st_dps_graphs_1262016

although I dont believe this to be accurate, apparently condi dps is higher than power.

jus sayin

in Guardian

cranos.5913

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/42uz0c/secret_testers_st_dps_graphs_1262016

although I dont believe this to be accurate, apparently condi dps is higher than power.

jus sayin

I see a DH build and a core guardian power build. Maybe I’m blind but I don’t see the condi build?