Burst medi guard help

Burst medi guard help

in Guardian

Posted by: Loonita.7421

Loonita.7421

Hi! Im trying to run a GS/Ham guardian centred on dealing the max damage possible for spvp, but I can’t really decide on how to build him. Can anyone help me maximize this build please and thank you!

Burst medi guard help

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

gs/ham is a unique weapon set combine together as both melee
gs for dmg , ham for more cc
for spvp your option are limited
zerk – if you know how to dive in and out fast
soldier – less dmg but hammer is a cc weapon

build options

2,1,6,1,4 – meta med build with good condi cleanse
0,1,6,1,6 – build around stability for your hammer slow skills

Burst medi guard help

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Hammer/Greatsword is a great combination. It has good burst potential with WW and MB, along with most of the guardian’s CC. There’s a few different routes you could go here. The standard meta works well with hammer/greatsword and offers a bit of extra survivability with Absolute Resolution and Vigorous Precision. If you don’t mind losing AR, perhaps you’d like a build like this that utilizes the symbols of hammer AA and greatsword #4.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJASRlsApaolDxbI8DRR8gYTVBwd62r/FMHA-TpBFwACOEAMeAAy3fgwFAoaZAAHBAA

With larger symbols that last longer, the hammer will offer AoE in team fights while providing some protection. This build still has Justice is Blind for a blind on VoJ and Fiery Wrath’s 10% damage, along with another 10% damage on Elusive Power. It also gives you a bit of extra vitality which is always nice on guardian.

Variants would include swapping out Writ of Persistence for 2 Handed Mastery. You could even trade Justice is Blind for Force of Will to gain an extra 3.5k HP. Or you could try a 0/0/6/4/4 where you can take both Writ of Persistence/2HM and Absolute Resolution.

Make sure you take traveler runes though or you’re dead in the water and will be kited all day long. Fire/air sigils work well on greatsword and I prefer hydromancy on my hammer to slow down the enemy.

(edited by Shanks.2907)

Burst medi guard help

in Guardian

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

For PvP, you either take Hammer or GS, not both as Scepter/Focus is a recommended secondary set in every DPS guard build.

GS build
Hammer build

Burst medi guard help

in Guardian

Posted by: Loonita.7421

Loonita.7421

For PvP, you either take Hammer or GS, not both as Scepter/Focus is a recommended secondary set in every DPS guard build.

GS build
Hammer build

Yeah its recommended and there are a bunch of GS sc/f builds out there, but I want to use GS/Ham as those are the weapons I enjoy and that is why im asking for help.

Burst medi guard help

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

GS build
Hammer build

Yeah its recommended and there are a bunch of GS sc/f builds out there, but I want to use GS/Ham as those are the weapons I enjoy and that is why im asking for help.

I’ve ran greatsword with both hammer and sw/f with plenty of success. You don’t really need the scepter if you can stick to your target. Helps to have a teammate with cripple and other CC but it’s still manageable. If you look through the forums there’s a ton of builds/videos of greatsword/hammer.

Burst medi guard help

in Guardian

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Bad Elementalist