Can Guardians Burst? If so...

in Guardian

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

Q:

Hammer offhand + the burst weapon/weapons. Ring of Warding + burst = good strategy?

Just wondering if anyone has tried it out.

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

It’s not a bad strat just if the person you’re fighting has any stability, the damage potential goes out the window 8(.

in Guardian

Posted by: seithan.4823

seithan.4823

If i had to choose burst weapons, it would be GS + scepter/torch. Scepter does quite a nice damage and putting down Smite , activating Zealot’s fire and using Cleansing Fire can hurt some serious kitten.

Well ofc its not 100b warrior’s GS but there arent many classes that can match a warrior’s burst.

Rig#1: i2500k@4Ghz/ 8GB Ram @ 1600/ Asus GTX580 CU
Rig#2: Core2duo@3Ghz/ 4GB DDR2/ 9800gtx+

in Guardian

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

sigil of intelligence hammer. Leap for a big crit.

in Guardian

Posted by: lcc.9374

lcc.9374

in WvW i pretty much go

Reaper of Grenth(optional) > staff 4 > switch GS > Save yourself > Purging flames >
Judge Intervention > GS 4 > GS 3 > GS 5 > pull > GS 2

of course full zerker everything and traits will be full offensive too

the end result is basically = everything under 80 dies after combo
and squishy 80s die after combo or lose 70-80% of their health
tanky 80s are another story

one trick pony and highly situational, but prob as bursty as a guardian could get
to answer your question, yeah we can burst, not sure if its worth sacrificing your defense for it though

dont recommend ring or warding though since its kinda slow and i heard you can just dodge out of it, and i dont feel bursty enough without my staff 4

in Guardian

Posted by: Trungalung.7850

Trungalung.7850

“Burstiest” weapon we have is the greatsword with Whirling Wrath. Due to its random projectile design, the burst is very inconsistent. To limit that, you need to be literally inside the target for the whirl since the projectiles come from the center of your character. The target has to be stood still in one place to get the maximum of whirling wrath’s damage. Your best bet right now is to pulled off a knock down/immobilize then whirling wrath (Bane Signet/Signet of Wrath/Chain of Light are the best choices. Greatsword’s pull knock down effect doesn’t last long enough). A full whirling wrath (14 hits, 7 swings, 7 projectiles) can rival warrior’s 100 blades.

Using hammer’s ring of warding won’t keep the target in place for the whirl (even if the target trips on the circle, it will be moved slightly a little bit and screw up your damage).

(edited by Trungalung.7850)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

i don’t use hammer anymore, its slow, easy to dodge, i use instead gs + sword/focus, better dmg and blinds plus block.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Hammer:
JI + MB + VoJ + Immob → GS Switch + WW

Burst, imho, is something that can be done in a few seconds… not a ‘rotation’.

Might Blow and Whirling Wind have the 2 biggest damage hits.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Fabsm.5897

Fabsm.5897

Hammer/GS have the greatest Burst potential. All the previous poster elucubrated about it, so i only add this:

Start casting Ward of binding with Hammer and press Judge intervention, then Mighty Blow. Switch to GS, CC, pull and Whirling Wrath.

Fabsm
Guardian of Moonlight Shadow [MLS]

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Average GW2 WvWvW’er + Ring of Warding = priceless. Knock back animation alone makes me giggle every time. Often I’ll group with them later and talk about it. Made a few friends that way to boot

Smart GW2 WvWvW’er + Ring of Warding = fail. As noted above most people know to just hop, skip, or jump over it. Why it works like that is beyond me, but I can knock the kitten out of some Asura and they will hit it and see stars. Yet others just step across it like there is nothing there.

Oh well.

Burst for me is meh at best with hammer or staff. Full Knight’s exotic with rare Ruby accessories and on a good hit I’ll do 2 – 3k. I’ve not seen anything close to 4k as some see. This is using exotic weapons too. On the other hand Wall of Reflection is my burst honestly. Choke points or keep gate dive bombing always, and I mean always, nets me bags falling out of the sky like skittles.

If I ever had burst I gave it up several beta weekends ago in favor of CC and life

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

If we’re talking about burst/spike builds, I think we need to talk about more than just weapons. I’m willing to bet the most dedicated “burst” builds go 20/20/0/0/10 for Spirit Weapons, and take, at the very least, Hammer of Wisdom.

HoW’s Command hits incredibly hard. It’s probably our single hardest hitting Utility—maybe even our single hardest hitting individual attack?

I’d also look at Sword+Torch. I don’t know how well it racks up against Hammer and Greatsword, but I think it has some genuine merit to it.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: Istaril.9578

Istaril.9578

In my opinion the guardian is not a profession with much burst capability. Yes we can “spike” our damage up with a rotation of key skills like others have demonstrated, but it will never be like some other professions where you can down someone in less than 3s (except in WvW vs low level people, but then any profession can down them easily). The 3 mains issues for guardian to burst effectively is :

1. Lack of gaining quickness realibly. We only have it on Tome of Wrath.
2. The fact that our best burst weapons are the melee ones, but we lack the CC need to be able to apply the full damage of our melee weapons. GS, 1h sword and Torch are good weapons to burst, but they don’t come with a CC on them, so you need to rely on your utility to provide the CC support. Alas, we only got like Signet of Bane and Signet of Wrath that provide CC. The Spirit Hammer is another, but I don’t find it very reliable on a moving target.
3. Our profession mechanics does not really encourage burs damage. Virtue of Justice is more for substained damage.

(edited by Istaril.9578)

in Guardian

Posted by: Nirvash.3018

Nirvash.3018

Torch + sepecter bursts like kitten