Can I use my tanky armor for spirit weapons build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Rainydays.5368

Rainydays.5368

Q:

Or does a GOOD spirit weapon build rely on having high crit/cond damage or some other factor?

My current gear is pretty much all Pow, Tough, Vit from head to toe with 6/6 Rune of Soldier. (which will change since no shouts in a SW build obviously heh)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

There is no such thing as a good spirit weapon build. Thank the kitteny Zeal line, the fact that there are a total of 5 SW traits, the fact that SWs receive no benefit from stats and that they are all spread across three branches.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in Guardian

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Best I can come up with (would probably work good in PVE, not so much in WvW/PvP):

30/0/0/30/10

Take all the SW traits in the Zeal line
Take all the symbol traits in the Honor line

Equips:
Soldier armor with Superior Ogre Runes, Sapphire jewelry
Mace/Focus as your primary set with the sigils that grant might on swap and +5% damage sigil
Hammer or GS secondary with the sigil that grants might

(edited by roamzero.9486)

in Guardian

Posted by: KevinK.9182

KevinK.9182

you dun have to use 3 spirit. same as ppl run meditation, shout, consecration build. not many equip every utility from same group.

20 zeal & 10 virtue is compulsory. balance is up to you. do you want more dmg or defense?
i run spirit weapon since i have enough point for those until 3 weeks after 80.
at first i do 20 20 00 20 10. i found it very versatile but i have problem in dungeon. every mistakes means death. most of the time when boss aim me, i most probably dead. that leads me to switch to 20 25 5 10 10

i could get 20% dmg bonus via fiery wrath & radiant power
a bit defense via valorous defense and pure of heart combo. not to mention 2 more aegis via retreat & courage
if i have problem with condition, i could use 2 signet + inscribed removal.

i think this build might suit you and your tank gear. i use lvl78 bezerker set. maybe that’s explain why i’m squishy.

my guardian friend advise me to spec more support. to me 2 aoe blind, 2 aoe weakness in 30sec, 2 aoe block are huge support where most of the fight only last around 3 min.

in Guardian

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

You must take A Fire Inside, it will effectively double the DPS of your Spirit Weapons. Their burn ticks for 500+ damage.

2OP: SWs don’t benefit from your stats anymore, so building tanky and letting the blue bros do all the work might actually be the best way to go about it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

So increasing your condition damage doesn’t boost a fire inside trait?

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

So increasing your condition damage doesn’t boost a fire inside trait?

It doesn’t.