Can Tank/Healer Guardian compete with a druid

in Guardian

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

I like to formulate the question this way.

In my opinion tank/healer guardian actually is so powerful, specially on first boss you can go with 1 Tank/Healer Guardian and 9 DPS.

The reason I am asking this, we have a such big competition from the Druid at the moment we are not even considered for the position, with symbols healing, Agis Healing, providing Aegis, blocking for group. heal from Virtues of Resolve for the group, heal on dodge, heal to full with signet elite, we push insane amount of healing and when there are 5 people are arounds that we are giving boons, we are not killable.

But we are not even coming to discussion in the same sentence for healing position, I now that in raids boon sharing is for 10 people now but I am not sure the limit for symbols are increased to 10 or not? If they are, I believe you can go in with 1 tank/healer guardian and 9 DPS to that instance and go victorious.

With the todays nerf to Druid, ‘Druid: Astral Force is no longer gained when healing a target that is already at full health’ may be we will comeback into the discussion.

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I’m seeing more 1 druid tank/heal with 9 dps

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Guardian

Posted by: phor.7952

phor.7952

Because of the arena wide ticking damage, aegis really isn’t very effective at blocking any significant amount of damage on Vale Guardian.

Pure of Heart will turn that Aegis into ~1200 heal if you are in some healing gear, which would be great if Communal Defenses didn’t have such a short range. As is, everyone would have to be in melee range in order to get Aegis with any regular frequency. Outside of Communal Defenses you only have Shield4, so that’s a 1200 heal every 20s.

In my opinion, building around Communal Defenses and Pure of Heart isn’t necessary. The regen from symbol of faith is really strong. It’s plenty to keep the melee topped off on its own. But you still have an issue with healing the ranged group. You can dodge roll and Wings of Resolve, but then you’re dragging the boss all over, which is bad for dps.

Symbol of Faith also over-writes fire fields, so you’ll lose out on quite a lot of potential might stacking depending on your party composition.

You could probably make it work, but I would think it’s far from ideal.
Ele is actually the best heal class we’ve used. Far better than Druid IMHO.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Herald and PS war can completely negate the need for fire fields. You can easily run a Tank/Healer Guardian. It’s effectiveness, like any potential build, will largely depends on your raid composition.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Aegis is more than once then every 20s, you get one every 20s from virtue courage, every 15s one from blocking(mace block/focus block) and one from shout so you can rotate every 10s an Aegis prevent damage and heal also.

in Guardian

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

The Guardian is still the best Support class. Give protection, wall of reflection and more.
Druid is the best Healer class. Heal for insane amount and clean conditions all the time.

in Guardian

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

They both good in their own ways and can do the same job equally well in their respective own very special way.

in Guardian

Posted by: Garimeth.8725

Garimeth.8725

Let’s not forget that you could maybe work in altruistic healing and/or writ of persistence.

in Guardian

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Guardians can heal for way more then any other class, but the tradeoff is that you have to be in melee range and you hit like a wet noodle. It might not be possible because the green circle team probably needs heals to stay alive, so ranged heals are ideal in this situation.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Guardians can heal for way more then any other class, but the tradeoff is that you have to be in melee range and you hit like a wet noodle. It might not be possible because the green circle team probably needs heals to stay alive, so ranged heals are ideal in this situation.

I have the same impression.
imo guardians are good if they are paired with other guardians like a small mace turtling, other than that they suffer alot with the heavy CD’s on their skills, elite signet is awfull to heal, to have a good heal in 10 seconds the sacrifice made are really alot and the 4 second cast skill… useless, do to how easy is to aoe gameplay, trade of shelter for healing breeze is a bit risky, since class has lowest health, blocks are mandatory, traited block to heals goes back the the story of how bad healing power scales with the class with low health while armor is useless in this game, to make the actuall healing power work better we had to have more armor or have a small value on boon duration on start, guardian is way to much dependable of shelter and RFocus atm.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)