Can a Guardian do this?

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

Came across this Hammer Warrior video and couldnt help notice how he just destroys people. Obviously he probably only shows fights where this happens but hes seriously 3 shotting people. What build do I need for a Guardian to do this?

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

Can a Guardian do this?

Attachments:

(edited by CRrabbit.1284)

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Dabrixmgp.4758

OK Im trying to understand that pic. Does that mean we can? Or does it mean we cant cause Obama has done nothing but lie?

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

That fast? not so much, Sadly we dont get the quickness buff so we cant unload like that. however the numbers are very much possible as a glass cannon

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

The guy is pure berserker Warrior you can tell by his hp pool. Ofc he’s doing a lot of dmg.

You could probably do this on your Guardian, but your survivability with be next to zero.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

you can have almost same dps like this warrior but have 12-13k hp without no survivability. warrior can play max dmg build because he have more hp that guardian where glass warrior have 19-21k guard have 13-14k and warrior have better escape skills on GS like Whirlwind Attack and Rush and this can be use for escape then guardian dont have any escape ability

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Guardians don’t really burst that well, especially not when compared to Warriors.

OK I’m trying to understand that picture. Does that mean we can? Or does it mean we can’t cause Obama has done nothing but lie?

Let’s not go there.

“Come on, hit me!”

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Posted by: dimentox.6019

dimentox.6019

Yes.

May i present to you The crit hammer kill and pown triple meditation heal live and yes i can live while bursting and teleport to you guardian.

AKA The build people you kill go wtf to.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-7s-Fk;0RFF30I3wF-90;9;49TT;00;039A57B;4Y-k74;1bRm8bRm85Bf

^^ copy and paste

And yes i run this build on my alt guardian. It is so much fun.

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

I would not recommend this on a guardian.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Simple Answer: Yes.

I’ve plenty of video’s showing the hammer doing that kind of damage (check out my sig).

Long Answer: No.

We cannot do it at the speed in which the warrior does it, as it’s been already stated, because they have Quickness and we do not.

However, if you run GS w/ Rage, when that thing procs, yes, you ~WILL~ do what the warrior does. Only problem being, it’s a 10% on crit and you really don’t want ot go over 45-50% crit as you loose all the other important stats.

One thing to note; it is difficult to get 5k+ crits on super tanky builds. It is ~VERY~ rare. Possible, but rare. They need to have Vulnerability stacked up on them.

Also noted however, you will not have the survivability like the warrior will, solely due to the fact that his survivability is tied to his weapons, giving him freedom in utilties, whereas our survivability is tied to our utilities… giving freedom to complain about our weapons.

/grin

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Dabrixmgp.4758

Yea just tried this as a Guardian it didnt work so great. Dead last in sPvP points every time but when I do it on warrior near the top.

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I’ve been running running a 15/25/0/10/20 build with hammer and GS (in PVE)

I have PVT and Berserker armor and berserker trinkets (and Emerald if I want).

It’s not nearly as bunker as I used to run, but if you are careful with your protection and retaliation (and the damage reduction signet), you can do a lot of damage and stay alive with ease (again, in PVE).

I’m used to having to slug it out with mobs, but with this build (bloodlust on hammer), everything just melts – the retaliation and the hammer symbols and some big hammer crits are very nice.

I’m not a numbers guy, but I’d like to see someone break down

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Yea just tried this as a Guardian it didnt work so great. Dead last in sPvP points every time but when I do it on warrior near the top.

Sounds like a L2P issue.

Amins – Guardian

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Dabrixmgp.4758

Sounds like a L2P issue.

Kinda hard to L2play when with the same build and stats my warrior has 22k health and my Guardian only has 13k. Its obviously a class issue if I can easily do it with one and not the other.

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Sounds like a L2P issue.

Kinda hard to L2play when with the same build and stats my warrior has 22k health and my Guardian only has 13k. Its obviously a class issue if I can easily do it with one and not the other.

It’s easily a L2P issue if you believe they both play the same.

Amins – Guardian

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Short answer: No
Long answer: Definitely not

Warriors have more hp (better than toughness since we can’t and don’t usually have that much more than warriors do anyways), their survivability isn’t tied to utilities so they have extra slots, essentially, to do what they want with, and they have better damage and ranged weapons to boot.

But don’t worry, nothing can play like the warrior can. At least guardians aren’t too bad compared to many other classes.

Can a Guardian do this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Dagon.1527

Lord Dagon.1527

What do we have on this vid…. a warrior powning some (most probably) 20 lvl noobs who came for the first time on www and dont know which side of the sword is for the job, yay he is sooooo pro
My ranger loves glass cannon warriors on pvp, yummy,
But since it’s guardian topic…. a berserk warrior on quickness, if taking me by surprise, can usually drain half of my hp in one burst, after next few seconds im fully healed :P
Of course my dps is quite poor atm.