Can people try to see the bigger picture and stop whining please. One buff and one nerf.

Can people try to see the bigger picture and stop whining please. One buff and one nerf.

in Guardian

Posted by: Animus.6073

Animus.6073

Definitely going to have to agree with Brutaly here (with the exception of his stance on the Greatsword being OP prior to the 10/7 patch). This community is one of the weakest communities I have ever seen. “Oh they nerfed this and they nerfed that. Let’s wait and see what they nerf next. Screw this I’m rerolling. ANet hates the Guardian.”

Let me make something very clear to you if you believe any of the statements above, you do not understand how this profession works in the slightest. We are arguably the best profession in the game when it comes to sPvP (right up there with Mesmers and Thieves). This “nerf” changes nothing, because as Brutaly stated, why on Earth are you even using Save Yourselves in sPvP to begin with? Unless you roam around by yourself (which makes you a bad Guardian) if you strip those conditions off your allies you are going to absolutely melt. Sure, Contemplation of Purity gets rid of them, but as Brutaly said, do you really want to be using two utility slots just to make one Shout more effective? I don’t.

Again, as Brutaly has stated, have you even read the patch notes? Renewed Focus now allows us to be mobile. How do you not see how huge this is? You get all of your virtues back, you go invulnerable for 3 seconds, and you get to keep tactically positioning yourself instead of sitting in a clump of AoE’s that are going to smash you as soon as Renewed Focus is finished casting.

We also got our gap closer to reliably hit targets. Although this isn’t a “buff” because technically it should have always been functioning as it is now, it is still better than what we had before. It is also on a 15 second CD (lower with traits) since the last patch.

Anyone else here that was upset by the 10/7 patch? I was very disappointed when I read those notes. I hated the fact that SoW got nerfed by effectively 50%. It really hindered build diversity and made Greatsword Symbol builds almost pointless. At least ArenaNet has compensated us by buffing the damage output slightly. They realized it was too harsh and they reverted some of the change. The symbol isn’t quite where I, and many others, would like to see it, but this is a step in the right direction.

So, by my count, that is 2 (3 if you coun’t Leap of Faith’s fix as a buff) buffs to 1 nerf. I’ll take that any day, especially considering that Save Yourselves was incredibly powerful in its previous state. It is still incredibly powerful, and those of you who use it, keep using it! It isn’t like they took the ability off your hotbar. It is just a bit more group oriented and less self oriented now. Hmmm, that doesn’t line up with the name Guardian at all, now does it? Right.

Stop all your crying and moaning, learn to play (yea that’s right) learn to play, and get over yourselves (I should have made a thread topic: “Get Over Yourselves.” Oh well, there that goes). In any case, take heed of what the Guardians who know what they are doing are saying. We know this profession inside and out and we are taking even this negligible insult in stride and will continue to play this profession because it is the one we love, not the one we feel compelled to play because it is the “best.”

TL;DR: Grow up or do us all a favor and reroll. This community should be better than you are making it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

“Get Over Yourselves.”

Sorry, I just have to ask: Do you think we could successfully petition ANet to change the name of “Save Yourselves” to “Get Over Yourselves”?

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

in Guardian

Animus.6073

“Get Over Yourselves.”

Sorry, I just have to ask: Do you think we could successfully petition ANet to change the name of “Save Yourselves” to “Get Over Yourselves”?

I’m trademarking it for future whiners on this forum, lol. Most powerful shout Guardians have in their arsenal now.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

@eveningstar: yeah but not all GS simbols users rely on zeal line.
From my experience, even if i use e pure support build, some fight(on dungeon) are just to frenetic to use 2 slow weapons and thats the case where GS shine (before the 7/10 patch).
Yeah the the zeal line have surely a problem: minor traits for simbols and the only weapons dedicated with major simbols are GS (really slow simbol) and scepter (no simbol), but thats not all. A CD of 20 sec on a core class skill is still too high.

@Brutal: really i dont see a big picture… i look what i have in the hands now, im not a seer, and for now the things dont work properly. (for me is intended.)

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

in Guardian

Animus.6073

@eveningstar: yeah but not all GS simbols users rely on zeal line.
From my experience, even if i use e pure support build, some fight(on dungeon) are just to frenetic to use 2 slow weapons and thats the case where GS shine (before the 7/10 patch).
Yeah the the zeal line have surely a problem: minor traits for simbols and the only weapons dedicated with major simbols are GS (really slow simbol) and scepter (no simbol), but thats not all. A CD of 20 sec on a core class skill is still too high.

@Brutal: really i dont see a big picture… i look what i have in the hands now, im not a seer, and for now the things dont work properly. (for me is intended.)

The big picture is balance, my friend.

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Count me among those who tire of constant whining that comes from this forum. I mostly come here looking for new ideas, ways to improve my game, or to give advice if I think I have something relevant to contribute. Unfortunately most of the time it’s just wails and wails of after patch tearful crying or how bad a certain part of the game is rather than appreciating what’s good in this game.

On top of that posters have the audacity to demand a response to their topics/posts from an Anet developer which is laughable at best. They are the game developers they know more about making video games that that the vast majority of complainers will ever know. That great idea you think you came up with all on your own was probably on paper in an Anet lab before this game went into beta.

I think the lack of response and the going forwardness of Anet pretty much sums it up. Stop demanding a patch revert or expecting things to go back to how they were. I think its great that they combine threads that basically boil down to the same problem, a patch came out and a few players don’t like how things are after that patch. It cleans up a lot of junk that I don’t have to sift through to find something meaningful to discuss. For example I won’t go near any topics about the GS anymore because people can’t seem to get over the change that happened almost two weeks ago. Now I have to sit through the after patch Save Yourselves posts? What about two weeks from now when there’s another patch?

I can only hope there is a mass rerolling to separate the dedicated Guardians from the causality gamers.

TL/DR: Patches are going to happen, things that once were no longer can be. Please stop complaining and contribute something meaningful to the forums.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)