Can we PLEASE have a healer spec?

in Guardian

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Can we PLEASE have a forum bug fix?

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

So your solution to an overpowered healing spec that features selfish utilities is an overpowered healing spec that doesn’t use selfish utilities?

No my solution is a healing build that ofc Anet balances properly (if you chose to trait AH aoe heal in superior aria than maybe AH should just heal for 75% on allies and 100% on the guardian) instead of a healing build with nerfed meditations.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Imo the main issue is that the guardian is one of the “oldest” professions we got and the overall design is just outdated.

Its due for a complete revamp. When i play my druid i actually feel more like a guardian then ever before.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Symbol design is bad for most fast paced game play. In order to have support specific roles that needs to change. Then there is the passing of boons and what not, well again, those can get taken and removed in most cases. Again, not in favor of support.

Shield, well, overlooked by developers when focus in most cases one could argue is better, same with mace, and then finally others utilities that block and/or reflect. I don’t know, gee devs, a wall of steel or wood and it can’t block – rollseyes. Seems an oversight.

Lastly, the game wasn’t launched with any form of healing / supporting role / tanking meta. It was added late in the game which is also why some would argue other classes can do support better.

This post is like, 2 years late man.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

I don’t see why symbols would need to be shoe-horned in a support role when they are damage abilities.

However, the idea of turning symbols into PBAoE that follow the guardian is a great idea for a trait in a future elite spec.

Shield, well, overlooked by developers when focus in most cases one could argue is better, same with mace, and then finally others utilities that block and/or reflect. I don’t know, gee devs, a wall of steel or wood and it can’t block – rollseyes. Seems an oversight.

Shield has probably had the most post-release development of any of the guardian offhands, actually. Shield of Wrath got Aegis added to its effect, Shield of Absorption got the ability to move while it’s active (not to mention fixing the bug so that the shield actually lasted the time it’s supposed to) and both got cooldown reductions.

I’d also contest your claim that guardian shield “can’t block”. Shield of Wrath generates an Aegis on the user, which is a block. Shield of Absorption blocks projectiles and knocks back enemies within the area – if you don’t stop at least one attack with SoA, either you’re using it wrong or you’re using it to break a defiance bar or a stability stack. Guardian shield might not have a “block everything for the next X seconds” skill like warrior and chronomancer, but it certainly can and does block attacks. It is, however, a little less ‘selfish’ than other shields, so it makes sense that its self-defence capabilities are a little less.

I’d like Shield #4 to reflect projectiles. (And maybe add a blind on it, too). Then i’d be happy with the shield.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

in Guardian

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I would absolutely love to have a heal spec on a guard, problem is that guard has so many defenses, that even if we could use a quarter of them on a heal spec we’d be unkillable, unless the heal spec itself gets super neutered to the point of being useless and then you come full circle again of not having it or not being able to use it cause its not viable.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

I would absolutely love to have a heal spec on a guard, problem is that guard has so many defenses, that even if we could use a quarter of them on a heal spec we’d be unkillable, unless the heal spec itself gets super neutered to the point of being useless and then you come full circle again of not having it or not being able to use it cause its not viable.

If guardian had these op defenses, it would be possible to play bunker guardian still in pvp.

Not to mention that they’ve removed all the good healing amulets from pvp already.

in Guardian

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I always found it strange that since the specialization update, Guardian has been a relatively terrible support class. In PvE, the support is non-existent, in sPvP it’s meh, and in WvW it’s passable because of “Stand Your Ground!” and traited VoC. I believe that staff needs to be brought up to speed by the following:

1 – Heals allies when used like Water 1 for ele on staff.

I’ll not disagree on this one, mace is the melee heal, having lootstick tagging everything, and healing all in front of you might be a bit overpowered… the area of effect is way to big. to balance reduce the amount of targets to 3 max. yes it would destroy the lootstick. or count heals and damage both as a hit amd prioritize healing over DPS. in heavy combat this would remove any damage potential.
2 – Increased base CD and area targetted, travels to that area and blows up there.

_It is a heal already, healing a bit in a line and on area when triggered, this said using it effectively is a pain And yes I’d prefer to see this a targetted skill and have it fire and forget.

3 – Symbol should heal or cleanse conditions when dropped (like how Longbow burns when it is dropped).

The symbol is a light field whcih can be blasted, or whirled through for condition removal, any projectiles moving through ALSO clean conditons

4 – Remove might, make it heal per pulse instead of at the end, and make it give 5 stacks of GotL at the end.

GotL isa druids boon. Having it stack 5 pulses of GotL would be OP. 12 might is already a good buff 12 might for 10 seconds , optionally to 20 seconds is pretty decent

5 – Heals those who pass through it.

The main function in WVW is to stop zergs…why another function as this one is extremely powerfull already. The only weakness in this skill is iut being a slow recharge I’d rather suggest reducing the recharge to 30s (or 35s)

Fixing staff would go a long way to healing out support Guardian. Mace still needs some help (quicker symbol and better auto heals imo), though Shield is in a fine spot. The biggest problems with support Guardian is the weapons suck, the utilities have to long of CD (though Anet has been reducing them at a snails pace) and nothing has DPS support.

I’ll be honest if you do want to run support guardian you can run Mace/focus and Staff
you’ll have a semi ranged option and a melee option. healing is strange but will be significant. the main problem is in PvE noone wants toughness or dedicated healers and in WvW they all want frontline DPS guardians.

In my opinions the only thing in the way of guardaisn and other healers is GotL on druids. To fix guard as a healer they should remove GotL from druids, it would also bring more auramancers and other builds.

The healing builds with transference, rune of the monks and food buffs, already have a 33% higher healing on allies effectiveness, this combined with healing on:

• Mace 1 autoatatck aoe heal (180 range) on 3rd in chain)
  • Mace 2 symbol with regen and optional heals on symbol
  • Mace 3 is a block, can be used to stack more healing power
  • Focus 4 regen and blind and protection
  • Focus 5 is a shield and protection…
  • Staff 1 Lootstick auto tag many
  • Staff 2 Heal in a line with option to explode orb for bigger heal
  • Staf 3 Symbol for swiftnees with optional healing
  • Staff 4 12 might for 10 s, and a decent heal when channeled
  • Staff 5 a impassable wall for crowd control
  • Heal (6) Cone AOE heal
  • Utility (7) Signet of mercy +180 healing (stat) and a res
  • Utility (8) Hold the line (protection and regen)
  • Utility (9) Stand your ground for stability…
  • Elite (10) Signet of courage pulsing a heal… albeit slowly.
  • Heals on dodge,
  • Heal on virtue 2 if needed, not recommended
  • Toughness buff on 5 ppl
  • Selfheal on applying a boon… (yes that means the symbols will heal yourself more..)
  • Virtue of resolve, applying an AOE heal to 5 ppl
  • all weapon CD’s -20%
  • perma empower; recharge is 16s, duration in staff is 16.5s
  • 3 light fields for possible condi cleanses…
    (dropping a symbol and engaging focus 5 might get an AOE condi cleanse….) else you should hope for other whirls or blasts

This is my build. It’s a weird hybrid. And I like it.
You do not have to be a dragonhunter, you want to support, not be the pointman.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApdWl8AhOhYtQwVIQTEH1DFuGSipIvFnYTcDgU4FA-TxxGABA8EAWS5X46DI/UAM0+D4pEMe1fIFgf70A-e

Yes this mixes the old guardian build with HoT gear. And it improves.
Remember others will get 33% more heals then you do. the food is pretty good.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

There’s nothing inherently wrong with Staff healing on the auto attack because you can always adjust the numbers. I’ve always looked at 88-125 hps with a moderate investment as being a good range. Guardian has a lot of heal over time effects, so if you keep stacking effects you can get some pretty good numbers.

Also, if Orb of Light had a blast finisher on activation you could combo it with your own symbols to give it just a slight bit more functionality.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

88 is so low that it might as well not be there. Ele’s Water Blast is 375 base, and with 1600 healing you get from Magi’s (it’s a bit more actually, but ease of calculations), it’s 775.

If Wave of Wrath healed only if you hit an enemy with it, and it healed for 170 (0.15), it would be perfectly balanced. It would also not heal the guardian, making it a non-issue for bunkering in pvp.

With 1600 healing, it’s 410, slightly above ele’s base numbers.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

88 is so low that it might as well not be there. Ele’s Water Blast is 375 base, and with 1600 healing you get from Magi’s (it’s a bit more actually, but ease of calculations), it’s 775.

If Wave of Wrath healed only if you hit an enemy with it, and it healed for 170 (0.15), it would be perfectly balanced. It would also not heal the guardian, making it a non-issue for bunkering in pvp.

what can a guardian with that value on healing power can do?

thats a self suicide…all that the atacker need is to do is auto atacks.. to win, ele can swap elements and still do more damage :\

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

what can a guardian with that value on healing power can do?

thats a self suicide…all that the atacker need is to do is auto atacks.. to win, ele can swap elements and still do more damage :\

Not everything is pvp, dude.

Either way, guardian can swap weapons, and soon we will have tomes.

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

healing power on pve…. its has bad for pve… as it is for pvp, thats to much sacrifices with poor results, at least how class is badly designed to make players (as in force them) to play gimmick roles.

I doubt tomes will be anything decent on defensive stats, imo it will be more even about DPS with aoe support converting condis to fire damage, or similiar to the Ritualist weapons “tranformation” the old aoe bombardment with autos…with splinter weapon if i recall the skill name well.

Imo the best weapons to use on a healing/support build would be hammer or mace/shield, but mace/shield is very underwhelming, the 2 blocks are nice but has team support weapons they have very low quoficients.
Tuning up hammer for heal build :\, well the virtues heal sharing 120-130 hp per second, even warriors get more from healing signet….

Mace auto needs more heal:
True Strike needs a 100 base heal
Pure Strike would receive a 250 base heal
Faithfull Strike would receive a 400-500 base heal

Staff:
Orb of light, needs its detonation removed, and trait needs the 20% boon removed as well, in exchange boost healing output on staff skills + CD on staff skills.
The 20% boon would go to virtues traitline.

For some reason i feel that DH should be rectified to a support role, and traps removed XD and exchanged with Wards or Symbols… buffing the DH while figthing inside instead of carry players on the power creep damage output gimmick…

THe DH virtues are dammn nice ~:| that 8k-10k aoe heals every 25sec, that wall on f3 that allows to tank against players oor mobs with poor unblockables etc.

The DH trait “hunters fortification” that could be tweaked to be less selfish and could tune our aegis/blocks to cleanse a condition.

The problem with the next Guardian spec is that ANet will buff even further the spam on this game and with this condis will be improved as well to make the new specs desirable (note that ANet exchanged armor progression to mandatory gimmicks specs), so to hide or “pretend” to balance the new guard will be the counter gimmick to some condi spam gameplay, nothing more, and to be accepted ANet for sure will power creep a few skills if players dont like the spec just like they did with the DH.

..ANet is awfull at class design and balance…i dont expect anything good being released after HoT.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

If guardian had these op defenses, it would be possible to play bunker guardian still in pvp.

Not to mention that they’ve removed all the good healing amulets from pvp already.

That is specific to PvP game mode, not valid in WvW or PvE where full stat combos are available.

Also, while related in that it affects guards greatly, it is a seperate issue, mainly a-net unable to balance bunker / sustain builds in its conquest pvp game model, not jsut for guards, but for all players that enjoy playing sustain builds (tanking / healing) across all classes.

Can you even imagine what would happen in WvW for example if I was playing my sustain guard with even half of druid or tablet rev healing capability ? then add to that 2 guards per party with maybe 4 parties like that per squad …. yea ….. I mean, that’d be just LOL !

Or solo at least some raid content with a hybrid build, that’d get nerfed faster then thieves did.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Guardian

Posted by: Ayuruk.3980

Ayuruk.3980

Hopefully the xpack will bring a healer spec to guards. Maybe a rebuild of the mace or staff. But I agree guard support and heals in non existent. The other professions out there just do it better.

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

Hopefully the xpack will bring a healer spec to guards. Maybe a rebuild of the mace or staff. But I agree guard support and heals in non existent. The other professions out there just do it better.

Its not a healer spec ist a condi removal + condi spec, with some minor healing.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Its not a healer spec ist a condi removal + condi spec, with some minor healing.

Source?

and guardian healing is hardly non-existent.

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

Source?

and guardian healing is hardly non-existent.

it is not hard…the class name helps as well, still no one know yet, and wasnt there some info where some dev or who ever leaked it sayd that guard wont be a druid but it has some heal like it always had..?

Since this is a damage output game it will be a condi guard spec, that will output more damage purgin allies condis to fire damage or somethign arround it.

It just wont be a healer spec….

Player sasked befor HoT for a bow crap, and ANet gave it, after hot cancer builds and power creep players wanted a condi based guard and Anet will deliver it.

i can imagine tomes being something like the weapon spells ritualist used…one was used for some minor healing as well, and other used for AOE bombarding.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

it is not hard…the class name helps as well, still no one know yet, and wasnt there some info where some dev or who ever leaked it sayd that guard wont be a druid but it has some heal like it always had..?

Since this is a damage output game it will be a condi guard spec, that will output more damage purgin allies condis to fire damage or somethign arround it.

It just wont be a healer spec….

Player sasked befor HoT for a bow crap, and ANet gave it, after hot cancer builds and power creep players wanted a condi based guard and Anet will deliver it.

i can imagine tomes being something like the weapon spells ritualist used…one was used for some minor healing as well, and other used for AOE bombarding.

Personally, my source said it has more support than damage (in those words exactly). There were also some rumors that it’ll output a lot of quickness. Yes, it’ll have condition damage but I doubt that’s going to be the focus of the spec. A possible leaker said it’s not a healing spec, but at the same time leakers have said numerous times that the tomes are similar to old tomes, so there seems to be quite a contradiction there. The same(?) leaker also said that tomes are like kits, yet he didn’t take note of the initiative-like bar next to the new tomes (that kits obviously don’t have).

If it somehow doesn’t have a healing tome, I’ll be extremely disappointed, but I’m not expecting it to be a pure condition spec either.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

more support than damage, imo it will be both but offensive support it still support :P

this is what i was speculating the tome to be:

f1 -> weapon spell that makes burns o autos, and purge condis from caster?
f2 -> https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Resilient_Was_Xiko (with better heal values offc)
f3 -> https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Pure_Was_Li_Ming (somethign arround that with aegis and burns stack on each condi that gets removed when tome ends would spread the fire stacks)

the thing is items spells from ritualist would use that inertia bar, maybe tomes will feel like weapon casted kits?
What im wondering how is if they are allied targeted or when player uses it it will affect neaby allies as well.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

more support than damage, imo it will be both but offensive support it still support :P

this is what i was speculating the tome to be:

f1 -> weapon spell that makes burns o autos, and purge condis from caster?
f2 -> https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Resilient_Was_Xiko (with better heal values offc)
f3 -> https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Pure_Was_Li_Ming (somethign arround that with aegis and burns stack on each condi that gets removed when tome ends would spread the fire stacks)

the thing is items spells from ritualist would use that inertia bar, maybe tomes will feel like weapon casted kits?
What im wondering how is if they are allied targeted or when player uses it it will affect neaby allies as well.

None of the above, every leaker I’ve seen has either said they’re like kits or they’re like old tomes (or both).

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

hummm ic, i think i was forggting that each tome would change some of our skills and would make a direct effect.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

it is not hard...the class name helps as well, still no one know yet, and wasnt there some info where some dev or who ever leaked it sayd that guard wont be a druid but it has some heal like it always had..?

I’ve been checking all this stuff out recently too, besides the main leak it was all just guessing by the look of traits and some teasing. No real evidence on what it will truly be.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

(edited by Rodzynald.5897)

in Guardian

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

It is certainly ironic that for a profession that was billed at release as being good at support and control/soft tanking, the state of the guardian in HoT is that it is subpar in both of these aspects, particularly with the introduction of raiding. My preference would not be for an e-spec to “fix” our problems in these modes, but for Anet to actually address this is in the core guardian profession.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

It is certainly ironic that for a profession that was billed at release as being good at support and control/soft tanking, the state of the guardian in HoT is that it is subpar in both of these aspects, particularly with the introduction of raiding. My preference would not be for an e-spec to “fix” our problems in these modes, but for Anet to actually address this is in the core guardian profession.

indeed wich means ANet needs to update core or give us decent specs for what guardian was made to be at release.

Guardian could have one in all healer bunker xD, pistol+offhand, paragon based,
Imagine all the virtues getting the leap+wings effect :] #warhammerstyle, or something like diablo 2h weapons plus shield, wich seamsmroe logical since classes in gw2 have alot of similiarities with diablo3.

One thing for shure the winged leap theme on guardian should not stay on DH alone.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

So what do you think, Kain?

“Channeled support” .. not exactly “healer” I guess, but may have some potential as more of a utility spec. I’m stoked to try it out, def building a new PC before 9/22 so I can raid again :P

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs