Can you achieve 4k dmg from plain attack?

in Guardian

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

A guy from fractals said to me that with good gear I can pump my dmg to 4k without using skills. Is it true? I have rare MF gear now because I thought it’s not a big difference and I have 700-1,6k he was a war but he said guardian will have the same dmg.

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

4k damage without using skills?

Well, how are you supposed to do damage then if you can’t use skills?

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

If you’re talking about autoattacking, absolutely. A zerk Guardian with decent boons and vuln on target can hit for 12k or higher with a full Sword autoattack chain. That’s 3.5k/3.5k/5k.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

I often crit for 3k with my berserker/greatsword, and that’s without stacking might and vulnerability. So yes, it’s definitely possible.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

With decent boons and vuln, those numbers even sound pretty low for the sword. With the greatsword, I remember getting something like 5,2k-5,2k-8k at about 20 might and 25 vuln and without any buff food.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

Psychol.5783

How did you stacked so much might and vuln.? I have power+precision+mf gear is it enough or I need crit dmg gear?

in Guardian

CptAurellian.9537

MF gear is junk. People using that in a dungeon deserve to be kicked on the spot.

in Guardian

foofad.5162

Might is easy to stack. Greatsword auto gives it, as does Empowering Might and the staff skill Empower. With some boon duration you can get quite a lot. With Battle or Strength sigils it can go even higher. Vuln is also easy to stack with sword/focus + Greatsword and the Radiance trait whose name I forget that causes you to apply vuln when you blind things.

Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

As others have told you already 4k AA is pretty easy to hit actually. You can get a fair bit higher by using boons. If you include skills other than your AA then it’s ridiculously easy to hit 4k, and you will find yourself hitting 10k+ plus easily on channeled skills.

It comes down to your build, and how well that synergizes with your gear, and then how well both work with your individual play style. Big numbers are great, but if you die before you can get them off then what’s the point? That’s why most guardians run similar builds, but it’s only “similar”. The traits, gear setups, sigils + runes are tailored to each player. It’s why we can post a build showing us doing stupid amounts of damage, and then someone else can use it and not be effective.

in Guardian

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

A guy from fractals said to me that with good gear I can pump my dmg to 4k without using skills. Is it true? I have rare MF gear now because I thought it’s not a big difference and I have 700-1,6k he was a war but he said guardian will have the same dmg.

You can if you trait for offense with full zerk gear.

Problem is you’re going to be very squishy and low on hp.

in Guardian

CptAurellian.9537

Not more squishy than with the explorer junk.

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Not really. I have over 16k health, close to 3k armor and easily hit that hard. It’s the build/gear/playstyle.

in Guardian

Psychol.5783

Why are you calling mf junk? it’s the best stat because I need farm less to gain more gold, of course I would rather want that it wasn’t in the game but it is so I need to use it because I fell like I’m wasting my time.
So I need basically build with exteended boon duration, now I get it why I can only stack about 7 mights, I’m using build with toughness+health because I’m using mf zerk gear.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

in Guardian

CptAurellian.9537

I have a strong feeling that this must be a troll.

in Guardian

Psychol.5783

K, I figured out that I can sacrifice 10 pts from radiance, how many pts in Virtues do I need to stack up 25 might?

I have a strong feeling that this must be a troll.

Why is that? CptOverthinker.

in Guardian

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Why are you calling mf junk? it’s the best stat because I need farm less to gain more gold, of course I would rather want that it wasn’t in the game but it is so I need to use it because I fell like I’m wasting my time.

I hope you are trolling. If you do not see that bringing mf gear only benefits yourself at the expense of everyone else in a group, you do deserve to be kicked. This is the very reason why Anet is removing mf gear. However, if you just do solo farm with mf gear, that should be fine.

in Guardian

foofad.5162

K, I figured out that I can sacrifice 10 pts from radiance, how many pts in Virtues do I need to stack up 25 might?

Virtues alone won’t cut it. If you want perma 25 might, you need to build your runes and traits very specifically. Boon duration, multiple might sources, etc etc. I outlined the basics in my earlier reply.

in Guardian

Psychol.5783

This is the very reason why Anet is removing mf gear.

ANET IS REMOVING MF!? As I said I’m just using this gear because I’m feeling like I’m wasting my time without it so If it’ll be removed then It’s great and I’m gonna buy exotic gear immediately
Can you link me any info about this information? what ppls will receive in exchange for thier gears, runes and what about ascended items with MF?

Virtues alone won’t cut it. If you want perma 25 might, you need to build your runes and traits very specifically. Boon duration, multiple might sources, etc etc. I outlined the basics in my earlier reply.

I didn’t noticed, totally missed this that I can stack 12 mights with staff.

in Guardian

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

I really really hope you’re trolling. First of all, rare gear sucks. Second, magic find gear sucks even more. You are sacrificing damage (alot of it) so that you and only you can get better drops, in a team oriented dungeon. Please either stop trolling or stop playing dungeons immediately. Even after magic find is removed, you clearly do not understand how teamplay works and should be out solo farming t6 mats or something because you obviously care more about your own drops being slightly better than you do about your team being successful. This thread made me sick to my stomach. I think it’s cancer.

[DnT]

in Guardian

Psychol.5783

Rares sucks? they are slightly worse than exotics I bet you are one of these persons who are counting every digit in their uber dmg , persons like that are even worse than mf users. Rares are the best options so far because ascended armor will come soon so everyone will loose money on their exotics.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

in Guardian

bigmonto.4215

I am pretty sure MF user is worse. GW2 is not like WOW where you have to sacrifice DPS sometimes to keep the aggro for the tank or perform encounter related tasks. All that DPS directly benefits the group, there is no down side if you can survive the encounter. In that respect MF user is just the lowest of the low and should go back to Diablo 3. In fact much of the dungeon rewards are at the end, so its actually more efficient to clear it asap as appose to get slightly better drops.

Regarding to the bit about Anet removing MF, it is in the same article where they say ascended weapon and armor is coming out. Did you miss it?

Another thing you missed about ascended gear is that Anet plan for them to be crafted and the are time gated (they cannot be brought). Further more no one know when they will be released, most would guess around Dec.

How much is exotics cost? 2 to 3g per piece, that’s like 1 hour farming at most. If you do the dailies, temple exotics is basically free. Once you get them you will be able to farm faster and be more welcome be the group. Yeah I would say salvage your rares and get exotics.

in Guardian

CptAurellian.9537

There is one problem with the temple exotics: The stats are junk, except probably the Cavalier trinkets. Magi, Soldier and whatever else there is at those merchants are just useless for PvE.

in Guardian

bigmonto.4215

There is one problem with the temple exotics: The stats are junk, except probably the Cavalier trinkets. Magi, Soldier and whatever else there is at those merchants are just useless for PvE.

Maybe, but it is a lot better than MF rares. Soldier might not be the most efficient in dungeon DPS but its a great (free) starter set to learn the encounter. Plus you don’t wear all temple exotics, you mix and match. Or would you rather him wear full zerker and die on you every 2 min?

(edited by bigmonto.4215)

in Guardian

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Not really. I have over 16k health, close to 3k armor and easily hit that hard. It’s the build/gear/playstyle.

Not with auto attack which is what is being discussed.

Post a screenshot.

in Guardian

Psychol.5783

Regarding to the bit about Anet removing MF, it is in the same article where they say ascended weapon and armor is coming out. Did you miss it?

I read that but there’s nothing precise.

The stats are junk

btw. about best stats, which are they? If I want to buy gear for the rest of the game what stats should I choose?

in Guardian

CptAurellian.9537

Berserker, berserker and berserker.