Carrion Vs. Rabid

Carrion Vs. Rabid

in Guardian

Posted by: Truth.5279

Truth.5279

Dear Guild Wars 2 Guardian Junkies,

Please respond with information or helpful ideas on carrion vs. rabid armor for a block-burn build.

I run celestial trinkets for all builds as a matter of gear-oriented efficiency. I was running all celestial armor too (with meditations), and since it’s ascended I would like to change it in the Mystic Forge to rabid or carrion stats. It’s a strong build in all formats, and I have even tested a Dragonhunter-burn build, which seemed like a fun alternative using the same gear.

Shout out to Anet for all the hard work… less than 48 hours ’til HOT launch!

Sincerely,
Eric

Carrion Vs. Rabid

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

Carrion comes out infront by a mile.
Vitality is probably the best defensive stat for us since we are able to mitigate blows pretty well yet our low HP makes us vurnable to conditions. Assuming Radaince Traitline you will have a solid crit chance on top of it to compliment the Power from carrion.

depending on what you want to do I suggest taking a look at sinsiter

Carrion Vs. Rabid

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Carrion comes out infront by a mile.
Vitality is probably the best defensive stat for us since we are able to mitigate blows pretty well yet our low HP makes us vurnable to conditions. Assuming Radaince Traitline you will have a solid crit chance on top of it to compliment the Power from carrion.

depending on what you want to do I suggest taking a look at sinsiter

This ^

Also even with burns (which are easily countered by cleanses/resistance) guardian just don’t have the condition output to make going without power worth it.

If you miss the crit you would get with rabid then try the radiance line out. You can easily get 25-30% crit from the traits there.

Carrion Vs. Rabid

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I’d mix carion and sinister if I wanted to do some wvw as well and didn’t want to just have 2 different armor sets for pve and wvw

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Carrion Vs. Rabid

in Guardian

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

carrion. mainly because we dont have any condi on crit traits or anything. so might as well not hit like a wet noodle. not to mention with radiance, you can easily get some extra crit rate