Cast time on traps

Cast time on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: epoc.7941

epoc.7941

Guards are the only class that can currently instant cast traps. Everyone Q.Qs about he traps damage I actually don’t mind it what I do mind is the fact that they can just spam them mid fight. As opposed if they preset them and I ran in and got caught that’s on me but if we’re in the heat of battle and I’m winning the fight and bam instant 3-4 traps and I’m dead from full hp not bc he’s a better player but bc his traps in ally off cd and I’m right on him he wins. I’m all for a reasonable cast time on these even when I’m on my dh I feel the same. I don’t think I should be able to instacast 3 skills at once. Can you imagine an instant cast kill shot or something like it? Ppl would flip yet this has been the norm ever since DH came out and when they did nerf dh it was a lb nerf which I didn’t find necessary instead of adding a cast time to traps. Pls do this Anet. Thoughts?

Cast time on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: JimmydT.7281

JimmydT.7281

… and bam instant 3-4 traps and I’m dead from full hp not bc he’s a better player but bc his traps in ally off cd and I’m right on him he wins. I’m all for a reasonable cast time on these even when I’m on my dh I feel the same. I don’t think I should be able to instacast 3 skills at once. …

You are playing a Dragonhunter yourself and you haven’t noticed, that 4 of 6 traps are NOT instant and have a 0.5 s casttime?

Sounds weird to me!

(edited by JimmydT.7281)

Cast time on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Learn to dodge. 2/6 traps are instant. You should practice more. DH is the weakest class now.

Cast time on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

1st of all traps were a awfull gimmick design, it would be better with bow and wards with positive and negative effects.. they need power creep to work, w/o it they are super useless, besides the cast(small kneel animation as if guardian were dropping something) theres also a sound atached to fragments if i recall it.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Cast time on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

Guards are the only class that can currently instant cast traps. Everyone Q.Qs about he traps damage I actually don’t mind it what I do mind is the fact that they can just spam them mid fight. As opposed if they preset them and I ran in and got caught that’s on me but if we’re in the heat of battle and I’m winning the fight and bam instant 3-4 traps and I’m dead from full hp not bc he’s a better player but bc his traps in ally off cd and I’m right on him he wins. I’m all for a reasonable cast time on these even when I’m on my dh I feel the same. I don’t think I should be able to instacast 3 skills at once. Can you imagine an instant cast kill shot or something like it? Ppl would flip yet this has been the norm ever since DH came out and when they did nerf dh it was a lb nerf which I didn’t find necessary instead of adding a cast time to traps. Pls do this Anet. Thoughts?

4 traps has place animation + activate time, 2 traps has activate time without animation. That is all for your mystification post.

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
OupĂ­ lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

Cast time on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Even if our traps did need a cast time, I think other things should be balanced or nerfed first. Considering our position on the pvp totem-pole, nerfing guardian should be very low on the priority list.

Cast time on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Fail troll that doesnt know that only 2 traps are instant cast. smh.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Cast time on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: phalaris.5134

phalaris.5134

So?

You can see an animation when trap is activated. Dodge roll first, traps are useless then. When ever I play Guardian (which was my main for 3 years – now DH), I drop traps in different occasions, because I know that experienced player simply dodge them anyway. In some team fights i drop them when they are stunned or cornered.

If you know that a DH is in your opponent team, dodge roll empty cap points, just to make sure you don’t get one shotted.

Again, a game mechanic some couldn’t figure out yet.

Cast time on traps

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

When will be the next class updates????

Does Anet know how kittenty guardian is outside the trapnab pooper(group leecher)?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.