Celestial is the best armors/weapons? (wvw)

in Guardian

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

hi people if you want to run anything else besides pure bunker is celestial the best choice ?
i mean we guardians have use for every stat and it has so many more stats than the rest of armors.
i want to deal good damage and still have survivabilty .
is celestial the superior choice or i see it wrong ?

i run 20 valor , 30 honor , 20 virtues with sword/torch and staff

action combat made mmos better lol

(edited by jihm.2315)

in Guardian

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

At the moment, it’s solid option for roaming and well-rounded builds.

When the critical damage changes come (in March?) Celestial is going to be a lot worse in that regard, though they announced that they would be buffing the stat spread to compensate. Basically, we don’t know if the set is going to be viable or competitive in its upcoming state. Save your mats until that change goes through.

in Guardian

jihm.2315

even if critical is toned down all those stats dont seem too good to ignore?
anyway good advice to keep mats.

in Guardian

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Sword/torch + staff is somewhat unorthodox to be honest.
But you’ve nailed it – since Guardian can make use of every single stat, it’s worth it.
All the changes to critical damage seem to be only useful to Celestial – getting stats rebalanced more evenly probably is going to make it even better. But it depends on new values, of course.
But it just might be worth it to get some Knight or berserker pieces to round up on stats you want the most – that is, power/prec/crit damage(not now, but after the change it will be fine to get some extra critical damage), and toughness.
Toughness, that is because Guardian naturally has a lot of effective health(Because of heals, mind me – even with lowest base HP it turns out that you have a lot whole more when you keep regenerating it), and even more so because both Vitality and Healing Power are essentially the same thing – they enlarge your health bar. So you could essentially say that you get way too many stats increasing your health pool and too little – protecting it(Unlike damage formula, where power, precision and critical damage are multiplicative to each other, survivability is different. Vitality and Healing Power are additive to each other and multiplicative to Toughness).
What I get out of it is that you might want to get some Knight(recommended) and Berserker(recommended after the change goes through) pieces to complement your celestial stat spread-out. Or you might not, and instead compensate with stats from traits/food/buffs/etc.
0/0/20/30/20 could be much better off as 0/5/10/30/25, too. I’m not sure what traits you are running but both 25 in virtues and 5 in radiance seem to be of extreme importance to me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Celestial is good if you want to have a little bit of everything but less than anyone who focuses.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in Guardian

jihm.2315

reason i use sword torch is that its good for both roaming and mass pvp . i dont like the slowness of hammer and the inconsistency of greatsword. maybe a could swap torch with focus one day but not soon.
i already crafted the sword and my condition dmg and healing power went up which is a good thing i think i will go full cele and replace parts if i see my character lacking somewhere .

in Guardian

Posted by: Saerah.8651

Saerah.8651

may i know why is +healing stat any importat to guardian?
is it only affect your skill 6?

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Virtue of Resolve, Regen, Empower, Aegis heal on detonate, dodge roll heal…theres plenty of things that heal on a gaurdian =D

in Guardian

Saerah.8651

Virtue of Resolve, Regen, Empower, Aegis heal on detonate, dodge roll heal…theres plenty of things that heal on a gaurdian =D

do +healing affect these? sry for noob Q

in Guardian

Evalia.7103

It does, and does quite beastly.
You can find numbers on the wiki – it’s easily accessible even from within the game using slash wiki object_name command (/wiki Selfless Daring f.ex.)
Just the dodge roll, Selfless Daring alone, has 1.0 scaling on it. That means if you have 1000 healing power, it will get another 1000 from it, 1129 total(129 base + 1.00 from Healing Power). That’s per dodge, AOE up to 5 targets. Then, it gets even better with WvW world bonuses, just like vitality does, by the way(you can see the WvW bonuses to your server in WvW menu, Medic for instance increases healing effectiveness, so 10% would mean Selfless Daring actually has 1.1 scaling, obviously), and with Guild upgrade bonus(10% healing effectiveness).
Imagine your party stacks in a dungeon corner, and you dodge roll twice in a row while having 1000 healing power. Every single member of your party will get healed for 2258 HP – compared to 258 without any healing power. That’s already as efficient as Vitality, which provides 10 HP per stat point. Needless to say, you dodge roll more than twice, and also have other healing spells/effects.
Power, Precision, C.D(Ferocity), Toughness and Vitality should be self-explainable.
Condition Damage is burning and Binding Blade if you play with Greatsword. Not amazing, but still has some value to it. In DPS calculations, 1000 condition damage should increase Guardian DPS by about 300 – Burning with 0.25 scaling, and BBlade with 0.2(assuming 100% Burning and 25% BBlade uptime). Definitely laughable compared to power, but is neat as a little extra.

(edited by Evalia.7103)

in Guardian

Saerah.8651

It does, and does quite beastly.
You can find numbers on the wiki – it’s easily accessible even from within the game using slash wiki object_name command (/wiki Selfless Daring f.ex.)
Just the dodge roll, Selfless Daring alone, has 1.0 scaling on it. That means if you have 1000 healing power, it will get another 1000 from it, 1129 total(129 base + 1.00 from Healing Power). That’s per dodge, AOE up to 5 targets. Then, it gets even better with WvW world bonuses, just like vitality does, by the way(you can see the WvW bonuses to your server in WvW menu, Medic for instance increases healing effectiveness, so 10% would mean Selfless Daring actually has 1.1 scaling, obviously), and with Guild upgrade bonus(10% healing effectiveness).
Imagine your party stacks in a dungeon corner, and you dodge roll twice in a row while having 1000 healing power. Every single member of your party will get healed for 2258 HP – compared to 258 without any healing power. That’s already as efficient as Vitality, which provides 10 HP per stat point. Needless to say, you dodge roll more than twice, and also have other healing spells/effects.
Power, Precision, C.D(Ferocity), Toughness and Vitality should be self-explainable.
Condition Damage is burning and Binding Blade if you play with Greatsword. Not amazing, but still has some value to it. In DPS calculations, 1000 condition damage should increase Guardian DPS by about 300 – Burning with 0.25 scaling, and BBlade with 0.2(assuming 100% Burning and 25% BBlade uptime). Definitely laughable compared to power, but is neat as a little extra.

big thank you for explaining. been playing the game for a month without knowing these lol.

do in game tooltip display the healing coefficient?

in Guardian

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

+ Healing is a big stat for Guardian. I have 2 Guardians, one that’s tanky and one that’s more DPS Focused. My tank is a meditation build so that Meditation skills heal me when used. She wears Clerics armor for +Healing and it’s the closest thing to an actual tank I have been able to build in this game. Yeah, her damage isn’t great, but between my #6 skill, 2 Meditations (I keep the other skill for utility/party support) and my elite skill I basically have 4 heals plus Virtue of Resolve. It also provides a big boost to the dodge roll heal which I use to heal others.

I was thinking of making a 3rd Guardian built around Celestial gear.. it’s an interesting option. I have both sides of the scale right now, Celestial seems the perfect gear for a balanced build. I have never tried it, but I think I’m going to give it a shot.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

in Guardian

Evalia.7103

Tooltips don’t display the actual healing co-efficient, however if you’d read through my post, I’ve mentioned that GW2 wiki is easily accessible from within the game.
Now, to the poster above, the sad fact is that Monk’s Focus only has 0.4 self scaling. That’s actually really weak compared to the rest of the scalings(and you probably shouldn’t use more than 2 meditations in WvW/PvE)

in Guardian

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

Now, to the poster above, the sad fact is that Monk’s Focus only has 0.4 self scaling. That’s actually really weak compared to the rest of the scalings(and you probably shouldn’t use more than 2 meditations in WvW/PvE)

Yeah, the scaling isn’t great, it’s obviously not as effective as my actual heal skill. Still it provides a decent heal that’s saved me on more then one occasion and does help with survivability. I only keep 2 Meditations on my bar and play only PVE Content. In WvW or PVP I’m sure it would be less effective. I have only used it in over world PVE and Dungeon Content.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.