Charr vs Human guardian

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Elodium.7263

Elodium.7263

Hi, guys, so I got a bit of a dillema. I got a human male guardian at 80, thinking of getting him some parts of Phalanx armor and such, mix and max etc.

But was thinking, about male charr one too. They can look epic, specially with that mist herald backpack banner. Only issue I have is that boots, and to some extent leggings, are not so much visible or expressed opposed to humans. On humans every piece of armor fits and is visible nicely.

What do you guys think?

Something like that picture vs a charr guard in t3 with mist herald banner.

Attachments:

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

This is personal opinion on the highest level, we can’t decide this for you…

I might aswell suggest asura/norn as they look so awesome in those heavy armors :P

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I might be a bit biased, but charrdian ftw.

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Death.9268

Death.9268

This is my female guardian with tier 3 culterel armor skin

Attachments:

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Human for various of reasons.

Every armour piece except the cultural looks completely crap on charr. The armours are usually first created on a human model to then stretch out on charr, which makes armour on the human race look much better.

Charr movement can feel (and looks, IMO) very clunky, as well as walking around in narrow areas, you can barely get good sight with charr characters for being so big.

Then there’s this (again) whole armour deal with horns for charr not appearing correctly and everything is a huge clip-fest for them.

Human guardian, IMO, just feels more right too, having the knight archetype and everything. Charr just looks weird as guardian.

(edited by Farzo.8410)

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Charr just looks weird as guardian.

The bajillion Sayajin Charrdians in WvW disagree. They are literally everywhere, and to be honest, it’s getting old.

(edited by Kraljevo.2801)

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Latham.8064

Latham.8064

When in doubt always roll human female.

Also: human male empower animation looks like him taking a poop in the middle of woods. Just to put that thought in your head.

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

they are actually look really good. with heavy t3 cultural especially they look beast. my personal opinion is norn for guardian, charr for warrior, human for thief, etc. with the cultural armor for them they look really nice.

@Elodium btw what’s the dye?

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Farzo.8410

they are actually look really good. with heavy t3 cultural especially they look beast. my personal opinion is norn for guardian, charr for warrior, human for thief, etc. with the cultural armor for them they look really nice.

Charr is more fitting as engineer, because they are, an engineer race. Of course, warrior fits too, but norn fits much more as warriors, because of the way norn are in lore.

Human just fit as everything, because every piece of lore about the professions boils down to human.

You played only as human in original Guild Wars. Warrior, monk, elementalist, necromancer, ranger, mesmer, assassin, ritualist, paragon and dervish.

Guardian in lore got its roots in paragons, that later on learned the way of the monk. Guardian also got a tiny bit of ritualist in them, the spirit weapons.

Hard to see in the shadows there but I would say any dye that’s in the range of Fog and Fluff Dye on the armour, and the cloth piece is like Gold Dye.

Also: human male empower animation looks like him taking a poop in the middle of woods. Just to put that thought in your head.

Every human female just looks like barbies, all of them look the same. The human male empower animation is far more awesome for this reason alone that’s linked below. So go ahead and float or whatever, look all bland and boring. The human male guardians will rock the Freddie Mercury.

||
||
V

Attachments:

(edited by Farzo.8410)

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Charr is more fitting as engineer, because they are, an engineer race. Of course, warrior fits too, but norn fits much more as warriors, because of the way norn are in lore.

Human just fit as everything, because every piece of lore about the professions boils down to human.

You played only as human in original Guild Wars. Warrior, monk, elementalist, necromancer, ranger, mesmer, assassin, ritualist, paragon and dervish.

Guardian in lore got its roots in paragons, that later on learned the way of the monk. Guardian also got a tiny bit of ritualist in them, the spirit weapons.

Hard to see in the shadows there but I would say any dye that’s in the range of Fog and Fluff Dye on the armour, and the cloth piece is like Gold Dye.

Every human female just looks like barbies, all of them look the same. The human male empower animation is far more awesome for this reason alone that’s linked below. So go ahead and float or whatever, look all bland and boring. The human male guardians will rock the Freddie Mercury.

||
||
V

Fixed the image for you.

Attachments:

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

They should change the animation on emporwer. They should change to something like “/cheer”. Would be amazing.

Sorry for my english.

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Farzo.8410

||
||
V

Fixed the image for you.

A norn in bear form?

Didn’t know those could empower.

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Why not both?

Attachments:

Bullet Punch

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: WildFang.7190

WildFang.7190

Here’s my female charrdian

Mix of phalanx, primeval and HoTW pieces

Attachments:

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Elodium.7263

Elodium.7263

Why not both?

When I collect enough Tomes of Knowledge, and a few levels from cooking, and maybe a scroll for 20 levels, I could use to get a charr guardian to max level. We’ll see.

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Charr vs Human guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Fakkahe.3108

Fakkahe.3108

Tempest shoulders, Tempest Boots, Lesbian staff, 3/5 T3 Celestial + Abyss dye = Win

Attachments:

(edited by Fakkahe.3108)