Choosing race for guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Adayes.1425

Adayes.1425

I can’t decide between asura and charr. I would like to know which elite skill is better – asura’s golems or charr’s charzoooka and artilery barrage. Guardian elites are awful so I want to use racial skill – norn, human and sylvari are out so… Golems or massive firepower?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

dont charr can also call a warband?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tubameteor.9408

Tubameteor.9408

I’d go with Charr as that one ability will give your Guardian much needed ranged firepower.

And Guardian elites aren’t awful…

Tubameteor/Tubadeath/Tubamage
Sanctum of Rall, Midnight Wardens [WARD]

in Guardian

Posted by: Darkmoon Mist Raven.5913

Darkmoon Mist Raven.5913

charr elite is by far better.

in Guardian

Posted by: DarkHeart.1760

DarkHeart.1760

Guardian elites are somewhat underwhelming… You’re a Bad A with a sword and lighting stuff on fire in melee and then you whip out a book to read…. just a little lack-luster. RF is very helpful, but just doesn’t seem like an elite to me (also the animation is just sad).

On topic though, I played an Asura guard to level 52 and liked it a lot. Very fast hoppy little guy and really great animations for empower, torch skills, etc. Then I deleted him and rolled a Char guard on a whim. I had a Char Warrior and an Asura guardian and decided I wanted it the other way around… probably dumb, but oh well.

So, here’s what I can tell you. The animations seemed cooler on an Asura and you FEEL faster (I know all toons move at the same pace, but Char seem like they’re running through mud). But Char is A) Pretty F’in cool in the first place and B) looks totally bad A with a huge GS. I’m going to be a GS Guardian and a dual-axe or S/A warrior. Elites on both are fun, but long cooldowns make them less usable. I play with RF mostly, because I find it can get me out of a jam at times. PS, IMO Warband trumps golems in fight and fun factor, but it’s cooldown is terrrrible.

in Guardian

Posted by: Drgori.5724

Drgori.5724

Doesn’t matter what race you pick, the best elite skill is Renewed Focus anyway…LOL, pick the race you like it best for looks.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

When I decided to roll a guardian, I had a certain build in mind and I wanted to use Tome of Courage (support/tanky build). When I leveled my character, I bought Renewed focus first and when I finally got the tome I wanted to use, I was so addicted to Renewed focus that I just couldn’t change it. I find it amazing and I almost feel naked if I don’t have it.
As for chosing between Asura and Charr, I can’t really help you as I rolled a Norn and as far as elite skill goes, I stick to renewed focus anyway.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Norn.

elite Stealth + Leap.

… if i had to re-roll my guardian from Asura.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: DarkHeart.1760

DarkHeart.1760

Doesn’t matter what race you pick, the best elite skill is Renewed Focus anyway…LOL, pick the race you like it best for looks.

THIS, really, for all classes. Just go with what you can stand to look at for a long time, what you think you’ll like in the armor you want. The racials are fun, but they are intentionally weak compared to the standard skills.