Class Defining Attributes

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/revenant-the-master-of-the-mists/

Maybe after 2 years I should let it go but….

Revenant: The Master of the Mists

This is a key part of the class that enhances the look and feel of gameplay as a revenant; you won’t feel like a guardian with its flames or a warrior with its physical attacks.

Do you guardians “feel” like burning and flames define your gameplay and look?

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It’s not forced on me so … no, I don’t feel it. I think there statement is addressing concerns that because it’s another Heavy armor user, people think it will play like the already established heavy armor classes. I think it’s interesting that they would choose the ‘flames’ in that statement as the thing that makes you ‘feel’ like a Guardian. I think likewise, it’s not the physical attacks that make me feel like a warrior either.

Of course, it’s super cool marketing to make Guardians appear like they are spiritual flamethrowers, so I can see why that reference was made.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Absolutely not! And i’m strictly a burn guardian… that should say something.

That might be true if Permeating Wrath and Supreme Justice actually put out.
Those traits should be part of the meta burn builds.. the thing is.. we hardly have a meta burn build.

If there’s anything that makes the class “feel like a guardian”, it’ll be Aegis; Blocks, blinds and Team Support abilities. All that, cradled with the lack of mobility, is the Guardian’s playstyle.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Absolutely not! And i’m strictly a burn guardian… that should say something.

That might be true if Permeating Wrath and Supreme Justice actually put out.
Those traits should be part of the meta burn builds.. the thing is.. we hardly have a meta burn build.

If there’s anything that makes the class “feel like a guardian”, it’ll be Aegis; Blocks, blinds and Team Support abilities. All that, cradled with the lack of mobility, is the Guardian’s playstyle.

I’m actually fine with the lack of mobility for getting out of fights.

But for the love of all things holy I hope guardians get some cripples & chills.

Getting to our targets is one thing, leaps/teleports handle that fine, staying on target could be improved though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I often notice things that make me question whether Anet and I are playing the same game.

That was one of those things.

in Guardian

CMF.5461

I understand it is just marketing, but it still makes me lol…or frown I dunno, mixed emotions.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Considering we have a lot of skills that reference burning, fire, smiting, and what not, and we have VoJ inherent in the system, I’d say Guardians do feel like they have flames. Its certainly within our theme.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I think it was the fact that EVERY guardian applies burns regardless of build or composition. No matter what your comp if you have a guard on your team SOMEONE will be applying burns at some point.

Ghost Yak

in Guardian

CMF.5461

Would the term ironic be applicable that every guard applies burning but it is arguably the least class defining thing we bring to the table? That is what I was poking fun at.

I mean if you want to champion that banner then go ahead.

in Guardian

CMF.5461

I apparently was wrong about the guardian image. I found this gem and I guess I should rethink my perspective of spirit weapons, burning, and staff…..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Guardian-Burn-damage/first#post4808977

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Light seems more like the guardian’s “thing”. I can see how they’d mention the guardian’s flames though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I think the big problem here is that many people would like to forget we have access to burning so the profession could be more focused on other things people want. Unfortunately, that’s not a very realistic attitude.