Class is dead?

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Xian.5204

Xian.5204

I have been sPVP’ing non stop since last patch. With the nerfs in that patch and now the new nerfs, what is the point of even playing this class anymore? I am dying 3x faster than any other class in sPVP right now, and I am not really bringing anything to the table any longer. I am getting passed over for tourneys, where before I was picked almost instantly. Is it time to re-roll and learn something else?

I am honestly about to drop this game completely and walk away. The lack of communication and direction from the developers is worse than WoW’s.

Anyone else rerolling? What class are you switching too?

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

The whining in here is worse than in WoW.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Xian.5204

Xian.5204

When you have very few skills to choose from and no backups the game is worse than WoW, and the nerfs are much easier to feel.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

I am not rerolling. Can you tell me your trait build and weapons? There’s always room to adjust, and it’s not like this patch really did much to the guardian as a whole. And the guardians have a lot more to them than just one set of utilities, weapons, elites. I can literally take on 4-5 people in wvw and down almost all of them, 2-3 people i can eliminate. The class is not nerfed, it’s just whatever you had set your eyes on initially has changed. There are other options, if you do not want to try them, then I guess reroll. And this patch doesn’t affect pve that much so I do not know why you would want to reroll…for pvp you can seriously just make a level 1 char and try him out, but keep your char for pve and wvw because SY still has its effects in wvw and pve (which I’m guessing SY is your “last straw” patch update which is making you consider rerolling.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

And, tell me again why we have few skills to choose from? I think you just don’t want to choose them lol.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Shootsfoot.9276

What kills me is the whining people make it sound like it’s a chore to level up another character and gear them up for PvP when all you have to do is choose how you want him to look and bang you’re 80…off you go.

If it’s so horrible just roll another character and play.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Fabsm.5897

Fabsm.5897

I have been sPVP’ing non stop since last patch. With the nerfs in that patch and now the new nerfs, what is the point of even playing this class anymore? I am dying 3x faster than any other class in sPVP right now, and I am not really bringing anything to the table any longer. I am getting passed over for tourneys, where before I was picked almost instantly. Is it time to re-roll and learn something else?

I am honestly about to drop this game completely and walk away. The lack of communication and direction from the developers is worse than WoW’s.

Guardian.

Fabsm
Guardian of Moonlight Shadow [MLS]

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Because “Save Yourselves!” got nerfed you can’t play properly anymore? Really?

“Come on, hit me!”

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: SimoxTav.5189

SimoxTav.5189

I have been sPVP’ing non stop since last patch. With the nerfs in that patch and now the new nerfs, what is the point of even playing this class anymore? I am dying 3x faster than any other class in sPVP right now, and I am not really bringing anything to the table any longer. I am getting passed over for tourneys, where before I was picked almost instantly.

Never considered that before you were OP and now u’re just “normal” ? If guardians were “first hand choice” before, what about other classes?

Is it time to re-roll and learn something else?

I’d suggest a reroll a Panda Monk, exit over there.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

The class isn’t dead. If anything, the buff to Renewed Focus shifts out metagame toward Virtues use in a positive way, despite the change to Save Yourselves. Mobile Renewed Focus will do more for you in sPVP and tPVP.

There’s this weird a posteriori fallacy that keeps popping up in these forums. In order to illustrate it, consider the following question:

If Save Yourselves was released at launch with a five second duration in sPVP/tPVP, would anyone be complaining?

Probably not.

So the problem isn’t the Save Yourselves nerf. The problem is the community’s knee-jerk reaction toward nerfs in general. If SY was always a 5 second duration in PVP, no one would care. No one would declare the Guardian dead.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: dahkot.3579

dahkot.3579

Wait , wait. you are dying 3x faster than ANY other class?

Chuckle.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Can we please stop making threads like this.

May i suggest that instead start a thread and ask why you die 3 times faster and people might help out constructively to fix it.

The thing is i do certainly play both spvp and tpvp and not with a tankspec and i die last in almost every clash so i cant relate to your situation.

Im not saying you are doing something wrong here but please let me know what you are doing so i at least can help out a bit.

Build and whats your job is in spvp/tpvp would be a good start.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Kelvin.8217

Lord Kelvin.8217

Few seconds less in the boon duration of a shout make a so huge disaster??!! Really?
Naaaaa… impossible!

WoW??? Ahahahahah… no jokes please…

… and please stop with posts filled of nothing… try to describe better your point, otherwise the discussion is totally useless!

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Nautika.5376

Nautika.5376

Really tired of the sky is falling mentality of people now a days… I mean if these people put just 25% the effort into combating real world problems that they do whining about the sky is falling in a MMO (when it is not) perhaps this world would be a better place.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

Guardians are not dead lol, But we need to raise up our voices instead of keep silence and reroll.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Animus.6073

Animus.6073

If this guy isn’t a troll he is just beyond help. If you are dying 3 times faster than other professions in sPvP you probably should reroll.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

@Eveningstar: In part our nerfs come down to bad testing during beta. Retaliation wasn’t tested enough, so it got nerfed. “Save Yourselves!” was added with one of the later BWEs, so it wasn’t tested enough.

“Come on, hit me!”

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Save yourselves was originally a staff skill i believe it was skill 4. I was surprised when they moved it to utility and that the buffs lasted as long as they did. It was kind of a panic button especially if you soloed and didn’t have to worry about pulling conditions.

And to answer the thread topic

“No”

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Why is it not nerfed in PvE? If they carry on down this road we will have some classes for PvE and different classes for WvW/PvP. Is that what “Intended” means?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: deherch.3158

deherch.3158

They should not split skills in PvE/PvP.. either both 10sec, or both 5sec.. But honestly, they should look at the purpose of this skills and change it to better serve that purpose.

Right now, it doesn’t really reward you for using it only when your allies have a kittenload of conditions on them, in fact you are better off using it when your allies are healthy → because then you have no downside.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: thegersh.6750

thegersh.6750

save yourselves NURFEDED?! O…M…G! its going to take me 3 seconds longer to get to that omnomnomnomnom berry!!!

ANET! what were you thinking?!?!?!?!?!

/rerolles an elementalist because aparantly guardians also die 3 times faster than everyone else!!! \

… small balance which brings one shout skill into line with the others and all it done was a) make you look selfish, and b) get you killed.

if you are dying that quickly in sPvP its because either the other side are targeting you and nuking you down quickly or… are you sure you are wearing armour? ;P

with all the recent “nerfs”. i have noticed little difference. i still survive in WvW, i still survive in sPvP. i still have problems finding enough mobs to kill me in PvE. dungeons are still just as fun and not noticed i die any quicker or slower.
the change to the greatsword was a bit of a pain and altered how i use it a bit. no big deal.
the Save Yourselves change… oh well. i did wonder why all the boons are 10 sec long. seemed a bit too long considering the others. and the long CD i do not think its because the boons lasted 10 sec, i think its because of the number of boons it gives.

ANet likely have data somewhere which suggested things needed to be altered for X reason. the only major irritating for me is that ANet should give some reasoning to the alterations because without it people jump to conclusions and get angry.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Wobels.1679

Wobels.1679

lol yea i rerolled warrior the only thing i do with my guardian is use thier run speed and heal ability to farm ori in the zones lol thats all they are good for now..

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

lol yea i rerolled warrior the only thing i do with my guardian is use thier run speed and heal ability to farm ori in the zones lol thats all they are good for now..

Then you have no idea how to properly play Guardian, fyi.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Silentstorm.7531

Silentstorm.7531

I think he is just trolling. Because if its one thing a properly built guardian doesn’t die easily even when undergeared. So i’m gonna say he is trolling or just bad at the game.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: kousei.5914

kousei.5914

While I think the Save Yourselves change could have actually fixed a broken skill (only give boons when conditions are stripped and length dependent on number of conditions), I think that this update buffed Guardians more than anything else.

I’m with the group that says this is a troll post, bad at game, or trying to play guardian as a warrior…

Leader of Marked Souls [MkS]
Jade Quarry

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

When you have very few skills to choose from and no backups the game is worse

Actually, with very few skills to choose, it means your OWN player skill shines through more.

There are plenty of Guardians that are doing just fine despite the nerfs.

It’s the same with every other profession. The people complain are ignoring the fact other people are on the profession, adapting, and still making it work.

It’s just you.
Your skill-level, your perspective, your experience… or lack thereof, is the problem.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: edjahman.9104

edjahman.9104

Anyone else rerolling? What class are you switching too?[/quote]

I’d suggest a reroll a Panda Monk, exit over there.[/quote]

I almost spit out my coffee over that one. LOL

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Wobels.1679

Wobels.1679

did i say they die easy no.. if you want me to follow up ill do that.. my problem is i used the great sword i got karma gear and everything based off of doing dps with retaliation up.. well retaliation got nerfed so did my dps.. big time.. i dont feel like grinding out more karma gear to sit there with a mace/shield and hammer and be a meat shield thats not what i intented on at first and thats definitly not why i wasted what 42k karma per piece so 210000karma for 5 pieces.. na im good ill go play something that is allowed to dps at range and melee if you want to be a meat shield go for it.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Sherman.4631

Sherman.4631

Sword/Shield
Amulet of the knight
Vitality
Power
Precision
10/20/10/20/10 something around that

You get around 20k hp
60% crit chance with traits and stuff
Instant gap closer
A knock back so your teammate don’t get stab/executed by thief

And how dare you say the class is dead, go look at the elementalist and comeback before saying that.

We’re out of chicken

(edited by Sherman.4631)

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

People are way overreacting on stuff.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

The only change to my sPvP behavior is that I will now seek assistance before taking on 3 opponents, and I will approach two opponents with a little trepidation.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

i’m still doing tournaments like before this patch… if you are getting passed… it might be just you not the class

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Shootsfoot.9276

People are way overreacting on stuff.

They always do.

People naturally hate change.

Visit each profession’s forum. You’d think the Mayan’s were right.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Typical reaction to a nerf for the top tier Guardian/ Thief/ Mesmer trinity:
“OMG my class was always an instant pick for tournament, and not it sucks so bad. Reroll!”
And for the remaining professions, especially for the ranger/ necromancer/ non-bunker elementalist trinity:
“OMG my class sucks so bad, and now I’ve lost faith completely. Reroll!”

Conclusion we can take from the forums:
Every single class is weaker than the other 7.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

I like eveningstar.

To the chicken littles: This game is less than 3 months out of the gate and you’re acting like the world is ending. Give me a break! The balance is MUCH better than where wow was right now. It’s more engaging, more immersive, more rewarding of skill, and guardian in particular is in a very strong place in both elements of the game.

Between the people whining about dungeons rather than adapting and people like you.. i just don’t get it. It’s a brand new game operating off a unique system which is still fresh out of the still.

That said, it’s still decent right now, and, just like scotch, will only get better with age.

Stop being so impatient and adapt already.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Polle.6908

Polle.6908

The amount of whine is incredible. To those people, please do reroll.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: bojokyut.7041

bojokyut.7041

threads about guards being dumbed down is hilarious. Re-traiting is cheap, There’s a lot of builds to try. Use every resources you have and no nerf will bring you down.

~Yiell Cross, Sea of Sorrows

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Jongi.7612

Jongi.7612

If your dying 3x faster than any other class i suggest you reroll or go back to wow and play a healer. I havent once felt the effects of ANY of these nerfs and people are just complaining to complain rather than actually LEARN the class they play. Ive midigated things perfectly fine in pve with just power precision mostly with condition damage and healing power mixed in and its not even the gear that i want. In spvp with team play and they focus me i get to about 1/4 life then back up again and everyone else is dead on the other team because i have so many OTHER tools than the 2 things ive heard the community complain about.

Learn to play, other guardians arent having the same problem you are, i hear thiefs are faceroll maybe try that.

And maybe the reason because you arent getting picked anymore isnt because of the class being nerfed, but rather you not being able to adapt and not a good of player that you think you are.

(edited by Jongi.7612)

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: possante.8310

possante.8310

class is so dead that guardian is the only class any teamnon tournaments must have ( beside mesmer on batle kylo), most of them even have 2 guardians.

at least 1 guardian any team MUST on tournaments if they want be any good

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

I’m so in love with Greatsword and Sword+Torch that I’m rerolling another Guardian so I can experience the Hammer proper. I’m leaning toward Mace/Shield as a secondary for him.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

“at least 1 guardian any team MUST on tournaments if they want be any good”
THIS IS TRUE

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

lol maybe you die quick in spvp because 80% ppl using thieves there
in every fight 80% are thieves, 2 warriors, mesmer and guardian
other classes are just rare, ppl play thieves because of oneshot button “pls pres 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2” but 1 on 1 thief cant do nothing to good guardian, after 20 sec they run away

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Bladeth.8620

Bladeth.8620

lol play a ranger and then see if you wanna post this garbage.

Class is dead?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ars Valde.8693

Ars Valde.8693

Yes. Guardians are the worst class in the game. Just reroll and move on.