Cleansing Flame redesign

Cleansing Flame redesign

in Guardian

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Cleansing flame needs a animation redesign.

Remove the current Cleansing flame and put in the one in the video. It looks better, it makes more sense(because torch gives off light), and torch is very weak and could use a buff.

New description:
Conjure light from your torch that cure conditions on allies, whenever a condition is cured, nearby enemies are burned.

Radius: 360

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Cleansing Flame redesign

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Well, Gandalf has a pretty long range there and his spell is cast as cone on his targets. Other than the range, what we have is really similar to his, except the color and us spewing fire. I would really like for the range to be increased, but the fire-breathing to stay. With so many back-skins as wings and dragon helm you have more than enough to role play as a fire breathing dragon.

The description you proposed doesn’t seem to add much to the skill. At the moment using the skill is usually a dps loss, it can easily be avoided and the condition removal can be very clunky compared to other condition removals we have. It could have us breath fire on a targettable area (vertical like a trebuchet or Warrior’s charge) for us to cleanse better and/orhave its damage improved or have us turn conditions into boons instead of removing. My suggestion would be:

Cleansing Flames:

Breathe out a conflagration of magical flames that damages foes and cures conditions off of allies that the flames touch. If the flames both touch a foe and an ally, that foe will take extra damage while the conditions on the ally will be converted to boons.

Target limit: 3
Ally limit: 3
Pulses: 10
Damage increase: %50
Range: 900

The drawback of this skill is its conic nature and it’s low damage. Its not in our nature to stand back and fire a cone to support allies, so when a skill works that way it really has to provide good support to compensate, and can still be unpopular. Healing Breeze heals allies and yourself by quite a lot – it may be the best ally healing in the game – but you dont see much people running it. It is the same with Cleansing Flame, but because I like breathing fire in a cone I suggested some benefits on skillful play instead. It now provides condition conversion for allies (quite rare except Pure of Voice), deals bonus damage for it to be viable and rewards skill.

(edited by Pregnantman.8259)

Cleansing Flame redesign

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

That is all well and good, but if all 9 nazgul had turned up, Gandalf would have been wrecked by the AoE cap

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING