Come Back?

Come Back?

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

So I told myself I would come back for the expansion, but was deterred with a lot of the initial feedback I heard. I played all the classes to 80, but Guard is what I prefer. Yet I have felt lackluster for a long time.

Also sounds like the initial shine and newness of the Dragon Hunter has worn off, so more realistic feedback now.

What would the general consensus be of the state of Guards and/or Dragon Hunters be in the game now? I mostly sPvPed and solo roamed.

Give it a shot? Or wait it out a bit more?

Let’s hear your opinions.

Come Back?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Id wait till after tuesdays patch.

Unless they do a massive amount of fixes for traits, utility skills, sword, hammer & staff (more or less half the traits & utility skills and multiple skills on each weapon) then I would just roll engineer, ele or rev.

Those 3 classes do everything the guard does so much better that it makes me feel like I’m holing my groups back when I play guard.

Come Back?

in Guardian

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

PVP Wise, the Dragonhunters good, they’re pretty good as a package in all honesty and have a lot to offer a team, PvE they’re not so great realistically.

but no u have capability with the Dragonhunter, base guardians another story though.

Come Back?

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Guardian is mediocre to terrible both DH and base in PvE and PvP. DH is super gimmicky, akin to old 100blades warriors. Once people realized the tells, it’s easy to avoid and DH has nothing to follow up the “lol trap burst”. Base guardian didn’t get worse; just an extreme amount of power creep from other professions.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Come Back?

in Guardian

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Guardian is mediocre to terrible both DH and base in PvE and PvP. DH is super gimmicky, akin to old 100blades warriors. Once people realized the tells, it’s easy to avoid and DH has nothing to follow up the “lol trap burst”. Base guardian didn’t get worse; just an extreme amount of power creep from other professions.

This.

As for solo roaming, DH is quite decent there. Mostly because the quality of roamers is quite terrible anyway. However still not a single mobility increase so keep using those traveler runes >_>.