Competitive Staff Builds Possible?

in Guardian

Posted by: SimpleKingly.5021

SimpleKingly.5021

Hey Forums, I really need some help with this from all my fellow guardians and I’d appreciate all feedback!

Ok so currently my favorite weapon on my guardian is staff. I just love being a very tanky class while still being able to use a staff.. And I feel like the skills are great too! But I have just one problem… I can’t seem to be able to make a good competitive PvP staff build! Does anyone run staff build in paid tournaments or even frees with much success? If there is a build out there, please help me find it! Also if you wouldn’t mind telling me the runes and sigils to use that’d be awesome too! I’m willing to pay 2g for a build if it actually works so feel free to PM me IG at SimpleKingly.5021! Thanks for the help!

Lowjin is my stripper name ;)
www.Twitch.tv/kreepingg

in Guardian

Posted by: Nayaru.4716

Nayaru.4716

I can’t see any way of making a build that will enable you to win a fight 1v1 with a staff, if you do the opponent was terribad or near death anyway in which case it was someone else who did most of the work… are you a troll? :s

in Guardian

SimpleKingly.5021

No not trolling at all haha. I’ve recently hit level 80 and I’ve been trying to get more into PvP and I ran staff in PvE/dungeons from level 30-80. Also, I have a good buddy of mine who runs a staff build in competitive paid tournaments and is well known in anvil’s rock for being a great staff guardian but he refuses to share his build, (understandable), with even close friends. That’s why I posted so hopefully people who run staff and do good with it will see this!

www.Twitch.tv/kreepingg

in Guardian

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

The staff is usable in arranged 5s when you have a reliable team to help you out and classes that benefit from all the might given. In basic play the staff is weak and offers next to nothing because the fact you are stuck with a terrible auto atk while waiting to swap back to a real set.

in Guardian

SimpleKingly.5021

Yeah ik, he runs a good team I’m pretty sure… (referring to my friend again). But I know it’s possible because he’s really well known for it and even says it’s the best guardian weapon IHO. I just wish I could find the build!

www.Twitch.tv/kreepingg

in Guardian

Posted by: Nayaru.4716

Nayaru.4716

I could only guess at that being a shout build with altruistic healing since you’d practically need “Stand your Ground!” to finish casting Empower reliably, the Altruistic healing to prevent you from dying while casting it.. however you build, the staff is not going to be killing much… it’ll all be your team that you’re mighting… surely. It’s not even something I’d consider, considering to possibly try out. xD

in Guardian

SimpleKingly.5021

Like I said, my friend has great success with it so I’m just hoping there’s another staff guardian in forums who knows a thing or two about staff builds. Thanks for the feedback though!

www.Twitch.tv/kreepingg

in Guardian

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

There are no staff builds; Using a staff is personal preference. You still go AH and most likely 2h mastery. It’s more about seeing what your team needs and using your set correctly.

in Guardian

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

I found staff is good VS mesmers, but remember DON’T use specter for the other set, otherwise you will kill yourself more often than opponent in pvp or wvw.

in Guardian

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Staff autoattack works really well vs perma stealth thieves, even in 1v1.