Concentration and Rune of the defender?

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

So bassically I made a tank dragonhunter for wvw. I’m looking into upgrading it with defender runes and adding boon duration. But before I invest my time, money and effort into it. I first wanted to know if boon duration also affects the 1 sec regen bonus on the rune of defender? So far i know that 67.87 percent of boonduration gives me 1.75 sec of regenration on a 1 sec regenration mace skill. However build editor doesn’t list the defender runes on bieng affected by regenration. So I was wondering if defender runes are somehow exempt from getting a concentration stat boost? I kinda wanna be sure before i continue.

in Guardian

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Why would you want to use Rune of the Defender? The 6 procc will always go on a 30 second cooldown when you initiate fights due to your aegis. It’s the reason why this rune is completely useless for guardian. It’s been brought up many times but ArenaNet obviously has no intention of changing it.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Why would you want to use Rune of the Defender? The 6 procc will always go on a 30 second cooldown when you initiate fights due to your aegis. It’s the reason why this rune is completely useless for guardian. It’s been brought up many times but ArenaNet obviously has no intention of changing it.

i’m doing it for the 1 sec of regenration u get when u block an attack. it has no cooldown. I have to know if u can extend that 1 sec of regen ability with concentration. i don’t care much for the rest.

in Guardian

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

IIRC from when it was released someone tested it and the regeneration was actually two seconds, not one.

And I don’t see why it wouldn’t be affected by boon duration.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

i see thanx a lot man.

thanx for input btw.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

The amount of concentration/boon duration needed would be extremely high.

So for small scale fights it may be worth it but in large blob v blob fights I doubt it would make a ton of difference because after a certain size it all comes down to how often the game wants you to be one of those 5 people the AOE is hitting.

in Guardian

it’s also meant for small scale fights. Yes I’m aware u need an insane amount of concentration to make it work. but yes it’s not an zerg build by any means.

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

IIRC from when it was released someone tested it and the regeneration was actually two seconds, not one.

And I don’t see why it wouldn’t be affected by boon duration.

I have these runes on my guardian (been using them for almost a year now) and unless they patched it, you DO GET 2 SEC Regen not 1 Sec. And boon duration does affect it. try and get 50% boon duration with food/utils etc and you will have nice 3 sec per block with no ICD.

And to earlier poster. Yes the 6th bonus goes on CD immediately but that does not make it a crappy rune. In fact i think its an awesome rune for Guardians and Warrior who use shields. (my GS, Mace/Shield warrior uses it)

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "