Condi Guard Guide for PVE

in Guardian

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

I’ve added it to the sticky and made a video. It turned out to be nearly as good for the zerker meta overall so it makes it a good alternative for those that don’t want to play the meta or want something different to play here and there.

https://youtu.be/y97b8Shknh4

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-DPS-Guardian-for-PVE/page/1#post3205721

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

RIP zerker meta.

in Guardian

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

errrrr not quite

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

It was a joke.

in Guardian

maha.7902

jokes are meant to be funny

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

Are you this much of a buzzkill everywhere you go?

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It makes sense that some people might be crusty that burning is a thing now. Hats don’t taste good.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

It makes sense that some people might be crusty that burning is a thing now. Hats don’t taste good.

Much more of being annoyed with the anti zerker stuff than complaining about condi. IIRC Colesy was the guy promoting warrior condi builds for soloing Arah (or at least some bosses).

Not to derail the thread, this looks like fun, another take on Guard. My concern is the use of utilities, it’s pretty nice having 2 free utilities in power guard to support (bane signet being the third) but with this you have purging and JI playing a role leaving you less wiggle room. But, ohh well, still looks fun, going to have to try it at some point. Loving the condi changes.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Indeed i never thought they’d allow burns to be this strong so I’m still chewing on my hat.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Indeed i never thought they’d allow burns to be this strong so I’m still chewing on my hat.

Burns are only strong against uncoordinated teams who are all Zerkers/Marauders and little to no condi cleanses.

Burn Guardians can do 3x the AoE damage compared to Zerkers but we are 3x more risky builds. I have downed an entire team with just my Whirling Wrath + JI, and I have underperformed greatly against Bunker teams or Necro team compositions. Sure I can still contribute, just not as effectively as a regular power medi build.

Necros can condition transfer our 15+ burn stacks (i’ve seen 25 stacks) back onto me, or on teammate. They have completely countered me (outplayed) to the point where my build was utterly useless.

Bunker Guardian’s condi cleansing Shouts will reduce our AoE spike damage greatly. The only time you’ll be able to do anything is if you survive long enough to exaust their condi cleansing shouts and you nail a Whirling Wrath, or you start cleaving downed players to the point you’re stacking 15 burns. Regardless, a hamguard will outperform you in this situation as Burn Guardians will not reach their full burst potential right away, and when a burst is needed on a target, you’re more risky to getting your burst cleansed off.

TL;DR
My point is, there’s so many counters to our single condition application that we’re practically forced to use another build in high competitive play. Otherwise, yes, we are very much OP in solo-uncoordinated teams without any Necros, Bunkers, and against glassy builds.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Jerus.4350

Burns are only strong against uncoordinated teams who are all Zerkers/Marauders and little to no condi cleanses.

Burn Guardians can do 3x the AoE damage compared to Zerkers but we are 3x more risky builds. I have downed an entire team with just my Whirling Wrath + JI.

Necros can condition transfer our 15+ burn stacks (i’ve seen 25 stacks) directly back to me, or on teammate. They have completely countered me (outplayed) to the point where my build was utterly useless.

Bunker Guardian’s condi cleansing Shouts will reduce our AoE spike damage greatly. The only time you’ll be able to do anything is if you survive long enough to exaust their condi cleansing shouts and you nail a Whirling Wrath. Regardless, a hamguard will outperform you in this situation as Burn Guardians will not reach their full burst potential.

TL;DR
My point is, there’s so many counters to our single condition application that we’re practically forced to use another build in high competitive play. Otherwise, yes, we are very much OP in solo-uncoordinated teams without any Necros, Bunkers, and against glassy builds.

Obligatory “read the title, PVE!” comment

But, yeah, I hope they don’t nerf burning for PVE condi is still behind and needs a little help in PVE, it’s really a good situation for split stuff.

in Guardian

obal.3218

Much more of being annoyed with the anti zerker stuff than complaining about condi. IIRC Colesy was the guy promoting warrior condi builds for soloing Arah (or at least some bosses).

Not to derail the thread, this looks like fun, another take on Guard. My concern is the use of utilities, it’s pretty nice having 2 free utilities in power guard to support (bane signet being the third) but with this you have purging and JI playing a role leaving you less wiggle room. But, ohh well, still looks fun, going to have to try it at some point. Loving the condi changes.

I was debating on bothering to factor JI in since 2 slots is a lot to ask for in dungeons/fractals and it is a bit biased since I could just add bane and save yourselves to zerker to skew the numbers the other way so I just put up numbers with and without JI. Purge is something commonly run so I figured it be fine to include. I really only bothered to run JI for open world since you really don’t need much there except to get around faster and JI helps with that. It’s still pretty good without it.

in Guardian

Jerus.4350

Nice, thanks for the info.

in Guardian

maha.7902

not really.

i’m in awe that what was once a troll build is now so powerful but I’ve always wanted conditions to be strong.

it just so happens that someone makes a lame “joke” and it isn’t funny. imagine that, unfunny people are unfunny!

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

not really.

i’m in awe that what was once a troll build is now so powerful but I’ve always wanted conditions to be strong.

it just so happens that someone makes a lame “joke” and it isn’t funny. imagine that, unfunny people are unfunny!

Whoa kitten , these pretzels just got really salty.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

To be honest, it’s offputting at THIS point to get good condi damage on Guardian and not sooner. Not really sure why it took as long as it did because it was really obvious to me at least that burning as a main damage source was part of the Guardian concept. I still think Duration stacking Burning could have still worked with clever off-effects but alas, Anet just wants to make it simple and make it upfront damage.

I also think it’s a more noob-friendly way to give good damage to people which should please the crust and salt out of all or our pretzel PVE players.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: SoulTaker.2093

SoulTaker.2093

Im glad you saw the truth about condi dmg, to be honest, you cant really 111 everything if you are going condi, Ive been using sword/torch for quite some time, it has more speed and you dont need the zeal trait, you need meditations and his effects, like cleanse condis on healing, but by using mace you need to trait it, and going zeal/radiance/virtues youre loosing medi utilities, you could swap virtues for valor instead, you only loose voj procs, but you are doing burns on symbols, and blocks.
I have tried mace too, and it is a more staking weapon, but if the mob moves around youre screwed, and only have a tiny block on mace 3, but with sword you have blinds, teleport and proyectiles, sword auto attack, procs voj faster so you dont loose that much dps, you could try radiance/valor/virtues with sword, besides you only have 2 symbols gs4 and mace 2, and if you lay your light field in someone elses fire field youre screwing might and condi capabilities, light symbols and gs2 gives cleansing bolts, gs3 gives light aura.
And for the Support of the mace itself only heals a little, and we only have 12k of hp, so no heal in that area could save us from beign 1 shot if we miss a dodge. Mace its good for cc and dungeons, Ive been runing dungeons with condi build for a while, with others full zerker, and mace can do it safer, but only if you trait it.

(edited by SoulTaker.2093)

in Guardian

obal.3218

Im glad you saw the truth about condi dmg, to be honest, you cant really 111 everything if you are going condi, Ive been using sword/torch for quite some time, it has more speed and you dont need the zeal trait, you need meditations and his effects, like cleanse condis on healing, but by using mace you need to trait it, and going zeal/radiance/virtues youre loosing medi utilities, you could swap virtues for valor instead, you only loose voj procs, but you are doing burns on symbols, and blocks.
I have tried mace too, and it is a more staking weapon, but if the mob moves around youre screwed, and only have a tiny block on mace 3, but with sword you have blinds, teleport and proyectiles, sword auto attack, procs voj faster so you dont loose that much dps, you could try radiance/valor/virtues with sword, besides you only have 2 symbols gs4 and mace 2, and if you lay your light field in someone elses fire field youre screwing might and condi capabilities, light symbols and gs2 gives cleansing bolts, gs3 gives light aura.
And for the Support of the mace itself only heals a little, and we only have 12k of hp, so no heal in that area could save us from beign 1 shot if we miss a dodge. Mace its good for cc and dungeons, Ive been runing dungeons with condi build for a while, with others full zerker, and mace can do it safer, but only if you trait it.

Sword is less damage. I looked into it every step of the way and bumped the numbers against mace and scepter for trash and bosses. Sword 2 is a dps loss and other classes do blinds better. The teleport is really the only good thing about it but if its open world then you can most likely fit in judge’s intervention in anyway for that. Sword 3 is identical dps and you could potential break up chains or interrupt attacks and it would be come less at least for mobs in that case. Light fields shouldn’t matter anymore since ps warriors are good and you can prestack might before fights. Stuff doesn’t really run away from you in pve much. Sword just isn’t good for pve anymore.

Valor is a loss in damage and wouldn’t be worth going into since the only meditation worthwhile would be judge’s for this and it would probably be just for open world mainly. Two slots is a lot to give up in dungeons/fractals and purge would take priority. It’s just not that great of a line for pve.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I think that was another case of “No, I didn’t read the thread title”

Fishsticks

in Guardian

obal.3218

That’s what I was thinking when I read it so I kept saying for pve in response