Coolest Race for Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: lordbachus.6091

lordbachus.6091

I normally play humans. But my Guardian is an Asura, and somehow i have grown tired of its annimations..

In the demo, this weekend, i created a Charr Guardian, and absolutely loved the annimations.

So whats the coolest race for Guardian, when it comes to
A) annimations
B) lore
C ) racials
(In that order)

in Guardian

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Charr. Large, goofy movement. Charr have the best, most aggressive lore and a pretty neato society. Also: Charrzooka.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

……..Only a Bookah

in Guardian

Posted by: Bunnytown.7801

Bunnytown.7801

If you like greatsword, Norn female has a cool downward chop on the last hit of auto attack. But I also agree that Charr is pretty cool too. Empower (staff 4) looks awesome on Charr.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Females always have the best animations… Human Fem on Staff 4 looks like she’s about to go Super Saiyan.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Lagos.6938

Lagos.6938

There isn’t a lot of race-specific lore in the game itself but you can postulate quite a bit if you care about RP.

Lore-wise, Guardians believe in SOMETHING. What that something is will vary between Guardians, and especially between guardians of different races. Perhaps your human Guardian believes in the Six, whereas your Charr believes in the might of the Legions. You can play against type too; I have an Asura outcast Guardian whose RP background is believing in defending the weak (especially Skritt). Whatever it is, think about what keeps your Guardian from being apathetic.

Animation wise, I vote as usual for Asura and Charr. Asura greatsword animation includes a little jump at the end, and their staff empower is a pole dance. Charr Greatsword leap just looks brutal and their fire breathing with Torch 5 and Receive the Light looks fierce as hell.

One other thing to keep in mind for Guardians: Voice. Guardians have a lot of shouts. ‘Save yourselves!’ ‘Retreat!’ ‘Feel My Wrath!’ etc. When picking a race/gender combo, jump into PvP and test the shouts to make sure they don’t annoy you (I rerolled a human female Guard because of this).

in Guardian

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

I’d say sylvari female, asura or charr. Asura seems mobile and nimble even with the more heavier attacks, charr seems sluggish but much more impactful while sylvari females are just neat and have clean animations. Frankly anything works unless it’s norn, human or sylvari male. One big factor is renevewed focus which looks like you are taking a dump on human males and sylvari males. Can’t remember how it looked on norn males but they are way too big and clunky for my taste anyway. This obviously is my own opinion.

in Guardian

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Human, wearing the human cultural tier 3 heavy shoulders, with dwayna as his/her favorite goddess.

http://puu.sh/xabvT/1dcf3f7cd4.png

DEUS VULT!

Attachments:

(edited by LucosTheDutch.4819)

in Guardian

Posted by: dusanyu.4057

dusanyu.4057

Cant go wrong with wrong with full cultural Asura

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: momophily.3814

momophily.3814

Charr. Everyday, all day…. Though tasteful armor can be a challenge depending on your preferred looks

Attachments:

(edited by momophily.3814)

in Guardian

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Norn,

because they get seen !

in Guardian

Posted by: LimeSamurai.9140

LimeSamurai.9140

I have a norm female since launch. Back when I thought the transforms were gonna be dope af.

Hume t3 cult is dope. My sylv rocks t3 cult for my rev. super sayain 3 plant boys.
Norn t3 male is prob my favourite armor in game.

Tudes

in Guardian

Posted by: Mattiva.4639

Mattiva.4639

Go for female charr, animations looks cool and if you make her as small as possible, you can still see clearly enough what enemies are doing.

Also guardian is very good profession if you want to achieve that real sparkle cat look

(edited by Mattiva.4639)