Crafting for guardian

Crafting for guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Adayes.1425

Adayes.1425

Which crafting disciplines are best for guardian? I think armorsmith is the best choice, but what about second? Weaponsmith or maybe jeweler? Or maybe chef? Is it better to craft weapons, jewels or food? Also, I was considering artificer because of potions, but I still can’t choose.

Crafting for guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

If you want a legendary weapon obviously weapon smithing and armorer. Otherwise, I found Jewelry Making quite good.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Crafting for guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Any craft except Tailor, Leatherworking, Huntsman, or Artificer will benefit Guardians well. I went with Cooking because it’s cheap to get to 400 & gave me 16 quick levels.
Remember, you can actually have all of the crafting disciplines, just 2 active at a time. A small fee will let you swap your active crafts with no loss of progress.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Crafting for guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

I went armor smithing. Farm hardcore and you can pump out a set quick.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Crafting for guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

armoursmith and weaponsmith imo, have an alt with jeweller+chef (can get pricey to keep switching disciplines)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Crafting for guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Sion.1653

Sion.1653

Personally I’m running Armorsmith + Chef on my Guardian complemented by Weaponsmith + Jeweler on my Warrior. Make it feel less of a nuisance by not having to use so much ore at one time on one character.

Crafting for guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Armor and Weaponsmith are probably good choices for eventually making Legendaries.
And it kind of just feels right to be doing that.

For fun, treasure-hunting, and leveling alts, Cooking should be your go-to choice.
I love food and discovering new recipes is exciting and good for the appetite. 99% of the food you make gives bonus exp, and many give +% magic find which is always good for earning money when you head back out into dungeons and zones.

Only issue is I get too into it every now and then, and all the resulting food fills up my inventory… I have an entire bank vault dedicated to ingredients. XD

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Crafting for guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

Leveling cooking is super-annoying because it requires a ton of ingredients and bank space. That said, it’s one of the few professions you’ll keep using regularly after you’ve got your gear. I leveled it mainly for my legendary and was surprised at how convenient it ended up being.

Armorsmith provides you’re guaranteed to need regardless of your build, so it’s a solid choice. So is jeweler, for the same reason.

I find myself using a staff, scepter, and focus more than the weaponsmith weapons, so if I had to choose one weapon-making profession, that’s what I’d pick. If you mainly use the other weapons, then obviously weaponsmith is the better choice.

Right now I have armorsmithing, cooking, and artificer at 400 (2 on my main and one an an alt.) I’m working on weaponsmith and jeweler once I refill my mats.

Crafting for guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i started with armoursmith and weaponsmith. both directly fight for the same mats so i leveled them up one by one. armoursmith was awesome cause i like building my own sets : )) and then weaponsmith as well to craft some exotic weapons.

also did jewel on the same craft because for some reason, i had leveled up to 50+ and didn’t want to start over :/// and needed this for my legendary as well.

will most likely try to get the other craft professions on my alts : ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Crafting for guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Adayes.1425

Adayes.1425

I’m sure that armorsmith, weaponsmith, jeweler and chef are good choices but when you have artificer you can not only craft scepters, focus, staff and tridents but also make potions which seems very helpful, specially on higher levels. So why not artificer? And when I have jeweler, armorsmith and weaponsmith at once how i will get enough materials (mainly ores)?