Create a Skill: Guardian Edition

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

This might be fun. The rules are simple: come up with your own skill—either weapon, heal, utility, or elite—for the Guardian and post it below! If you’re having trouble figuring out where to start, you can try template below to organize your thoughts. :>

Edit: Virtues are cool, too!

Thought Organizing/Posting Template

• Skill name:
  • Skill type (weapon, utility, etc.):

If weapon skill —

• Weapon (GS, sword, torch, etc.):
  • Skill description (what does the skill do?):
  • Cast time:
  • Recharge:
  • Visual effect(s):
  • Numbers (how much healing/damage/condi duration/boon duration, etc?):
    - “Numbers” is where you’d put the nitty-gritty technical stuff.

If heal skill —

• Skill description:
  • Cast time:
  • Recharge:
  • Visual effect(s):
  • Numbers:

If utility skill —

• Utility type (shout, meditation, consecration, etc.):
  • Skill description:
  • Cast time:
  • Recharge:
  • Visual effect(s):
  • Numbers:

If elite skill —

• Elite type (shout, transformation, summon, etc.):
  • Skill description:
  • Cast time:
  • Recharge:
  • Visual effect(s):
  • Numbers:

You don’t necessarily need to keep to the template or provide so much info, but do try to keep your ideas as close to “balanced” as possible. Don’t be afraid to go a little crazy, though. Good luck and have fun!

Here’s mine, for starters. =D

• Skill name: Crusade
  • Skill type (weapon, utility, etc.): Elite
  • Elite type: Active buff
  • Skill description: Block all incoming attacks for a short time and gain a large amount of Might, Fury, and Swiftness.
  • Cast time: Instant cast
  • Recharge: 120 seconds
  • Visual effect(s): Blue flame particles radiating upward. Character and movement overlain with a slight but noticeable “shimmer” effect. Maybe something akin to the Blurred Frenzy effect. The visual effects last for the duration of the blocking buff.
  • Numbers: Block duration 5s (actual Block, not Invuln). Might (10) duration 30s. Fury duration 30s. Swiftness duration 30s.

As evidenced above, no idea is too stupid or unoriginal. Go nuts!

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

(edited by Christos de Soufre.3802)

in Guardian

Posted by: Mariticide.1970

Mariticide.1970

Skill name: Warden
Skill type (weapon, utility, etc.): Elite
Elite type: Active buff
Skill description: Absorb all damage that would be dealt to an ally for 3 seconds. 600 range. The absorbed damage is unblockable.
Cast time: Instant cast
Recharge: 240 seconds
Visual effect(s): A blue light that rises up from the feet of the guardian (like Prayer of Dwayna) that culminates in the image of a shield above the guardian’s head. The protected ally gains a blue shimmering bubble around themselves for the duration of the effect.

I think this would be an excellent clutch skill that would require good timing and tactics to use it to both save someone, and not die yourself during the duration. Fits our class well, and is a good alternative to Tome of Courage for support play.

What do you all think?

Mariticide – Anvil Rock
Guardian – [KAOS] – Killing as Organized Sport
Personal Guild – [BOOK] – Librarians Anonymous

in Guardian

Christos de Soufre.3802

I really like the concept. Being single-targeted on an ally is a little outside of the way ANet likes to do things though. Perhaps some kind of area damage reduction, sort of like the effect from the Urn of Saint Viktor from GW: Factions?

in Guardian

Posted by: Mariticide.1970

Mariticide.1970

Maybe. I was worried that an area damage reduction with no negative effect on the guardian would be a bit too over the top. Also, with multiple guardians area effect damage reduction could get insane. By making it single target I was hoping to limit the advantage of stacking. I’m not a dev though.

EDIT: Perhaps changing the skill to work like Merciful Intervention would work? That would keep it single target and would require more timing to make it work?

Mariticide – Anvil Rock
Guardian – [KAOS] – Killing as Organized Sport
Personal Guild – [BOOK] – Librarians Anonymous

(edited by Mariticide.1970)

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

Skill Name: Justice From the Heavens
Skill type: Elite
Elite type: Consecration

Skill Description: Apply knockdown, blind, and burning to foes while healing, removing three conditions, and applying protection, regeneration, and fury to allies.

Visual: A white light appears on the guardian from above and blue flames spread in the area of the consecration. If target-able the white light appears on the center of the consecrations area.

Cast time: 5 seconds
Radius: 360
Duration: 10 seconds
Damage: 681 (2.25…)
Healing: 528 + (0.1…)
Conditions:
10 Burning: 1s (3,280 damage)
10 Blind: 1s
Boons:
10 Protection: 1s
10 Regeneration: 1s (1,300 healing)
10 Fury: 1s

Damage, knockdown, and condition removal is applied at the initial pulse. Healing, conditions, and boons are applied per second in the consecration.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

(edited by Blasino.3128)

in Guardian

Christos de Soufre.3802

Maybe. I was worried that an area damage reduction with no negative effect on the guardian would be a bit too over the top. Also, with multiple guardians area effect damage reduction could get insane. By making it single target I was hoping to limit the advantage of stacking. I’m not a dev though.

EDIT: Perhaps changing the skill to work like Merciful Intervention would work? That would keep it single target and would require more timing to make it work?

This is true. Competitive groups would totally stack it, for one. Making it work like MI could be an option, but it’d make it really tricky. Oh, maybe it could be ground-targeted in some way. It absorbs a set amount of damage from up to 5 players?

Skill Name: Justice From the Heavens

Skill Description: Apply knockdown, blind, and burning to foes while healing, removing three conditions, and applying protection, regeneration, and fury to allies.

Visual: A white light appears on the guardian from above and blue flames spread in the area of the consecration. If target-able the white light appears on the center of the consecrations area.

Cast time: 5 seconds
Radius: 360
Duration: 10 seconds
Damage: 681 (2.25…)
Healing: 528 + (0.1…)
Conditions:
10 Burning: 1s (3,280 damage)
10 Blind: 1s
Boons:
10 Protection: 1s
10 Regeneration: 1s (1,300 healing)
10 Fury: 1s

Damage, knockdown, and condition removal is applied at the initial pulse. Healing, conditions, and boons are applied per second in the consecration.

I’d certainly love to have this for point defense in sPvP. :d

in Guardian

Posted by: mashiso.3485

mashiso.3485

Skill name: Spirits of Justice
Skill type (weapon, utility, etc.): Elite
Elite type: Spell, Summon
Skill description: Summon 5 Sword of Justice. Behaves Like Sword of Justice skill (Can be activated just like normal Sword of Justice. Affected by trait to not be consumed).
Cast time: 2 seconds
Recharge: 180 seconds
Visual effect(s): Blue flames surround the character with 5 Swords of Justice surrounding and circling him.
Numbers: 25 Seconds Duration (affected by traits)

in Guardian

Posted by: Nime.2089

Nime.2089

Skill name: Signet of Epiphany
Elite type: Signet
Skill description:
Passive Effect: Boon Duration is increased
Active Effect: Share all Boons you have with allies around you and heal allies for a small amount.
Cast time: Instant
Recharge: 120 seconds
Visual effect(s): Blue shock wave exploding from within Guardian.
Numbers: Passive Boon duration increase by 50%. Active cap of 5 allies, heal of 1’500 (1.0).

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Skill name: Tooth and Nail
Skill type: Elite, Meditation

Cast time: Instant
Recharge: 90 seconds

Description: Stunbreaker. Lasts ten seconds. Heals the Guardian, with greater effect the less health he or she has. For the first two seconds, all projectiles are absorbed into health. For the next three seconds, projectiles deal half damage. For the remaining five seconds, critical hits deal 25% less damage.

Visual effect: The guardian’s eyes glow blue, similar to the Necromancer starter mask. Glowing blood is left in his or her footsteps.

Numbers: The heal would be a separate HoT effect and not a boon. It would heal for 100~ per second, per 10% health lost – In other words, if the guardian started the skill with 50% health remaining, he would regenerate 500 per second. The skill would check each second how much remaining HP the guardian has. As the guardian heals, he heals for progressively little. Absorbed projectiles would heal for an additional 100 each during the opening phase.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

•Weapon: Offhand Sword #4
Name: Righteous Fury.
•Skill description: Grants the Fury buff for 5 seconds
•Cast time: 1 second
•Recharge: 35 seconds
•Visual effect(s): You thrust the sword into the air, a blue flame aura bursts out, and then you glow blue slightly for duration of Fury.
•Numbers: No damage to target, UNLESS:

Actived (sequenced) follow up to Offhand Sword #4:
•Visual effect(s): horizontal Slas (h) at the enemy with a flamey particle, similar to GS 3rd chain move.
•Numbers: 600 damage, lose the Fury buff.

I’d also add in a #5, but don’t want to clog it with multiple entries, but I’d add in something with a crippler/immobiler.

Edit: Had to fix the slas (h), it gets censored. O.o And forgot to add skill name.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I love doing things like this.

I’ll give ya 3:

I’d really like to see a Symbol for every swap, so Symbols for Sword and Scepter.

Sword #3: Symbol of Defense
Skill description: Place a Symbol at your position while throwing projectiles.
Cast time: 1/2 – 3/4s
Recharge: 15-20s
Visual effect(s): ’Tis merely a symbol.
Numbers: Aegis 1sec, Symbol duration 4sec, Projectile Range 600.
(sorry, no projectile finisher here. Damage is 1.25 current ZD, 50% from Projectiles, 75% from symbol. Admittedly, the projectiles kinda overload the skill, but I tried to keep what others liked from the current ZD).

Scepter: Symbol of Smiting
Skill description: Place a Symbol of Smiting at target location granting Fury to allies.
Cast time: 1/4s
Recharge: 6s
Visual effect(s): ’Tis but a symbol (its already got a full anim, just resize)
Numbers: Its Smite, but 20% less damage, normal Symbol sized, lasts 3s and applies Fury for 1s each tick.
(I feel the -20% damage is justified, considering it now behaves as a symbol, and it makes math easy if you drop the 15hits to 12, and divide the damage over 4 ticks (placement and 1 per second). Also, with +100% boon duration, Fury should last effectively indefinitely as long as you keep placing the Symbol, Similar in concept to GS1 Might stacking. There while you auto, gone if you stop).

zomg a Virtue?

Virtue of Patience – Recharge 30s
Passive: +1% damage dealt, -1% damage taken for each recharging virtue
Active: 3s Chill, Range 600.

Inspired Virtue boon – swiftness 5sec

(and then, we re-work traits to take advantage of all the delicious chill we can now dish out, like vuln on chill, or chill on burn, torment on chill, or other crazy things).

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

zomg a Virtue?

(and then, we re-work traits to take advantage of all the delicious chill we can now dish out, like vuln on chill, or chill on burn, torment on chill, or other crazy things).

Me likes this!

in Guardian

Posted by: Kharel Arhew.1437

Kharel Arhew.1437

The forums ate the post the last time I attempted to post it, but let’s see if I can recreate this. It’s a bit outside the prescribed format, but I think you’ll forgive me. This set of three skills is actually the basis for a mainhand spear (land-based).

• Throw/Mighty Throw/Smiting Spear
  • Weapon: Mainhand spear 1 (land)
  • Skill description: Throw launches a slow spear with a significant projectile arc. Mighty Throw launches a spear that deals more damage, inflicts 2 stacks of vulnerability for 8s, travels faster, and has a flatter arc. Smiting Spear throws a fast spear with no arc that penetrates up to 3 enemies, dealing splash damage and applying 1s of burning to each affected enemy. Throw and Mighty Throw, if chained together immediately, should both strike a target at max range nearly simultaneously.
  • Cast time: 1/2s, 1/2s, 1s
  • Recharge: None (autoattack chain)
  • Visual effects: Throw/Mighty Throw are simple spear projectiles. Smiting Spear throws a spear encased in blue fire.
  • Numbers: Balanced to deal approximately 600/900/900 damage without crits and with 2000 power, with the AoE burst from Smiting Spear striking a target hitting for approximately 300 damage (without crit) in a radius of 150 around each target it passes through This AoE has a 3-target cap. 900 range.
  • Symbol of Rage
  • Weapon: Mainhand spear 2 (land)
  • Skill description: Throws a spear high into the air. When it lands, it creates a Symbol of Rage at the target location that gives Fury to allies, as well as damaging and inflicting Blind on enemies.
  • Cast time: 1s
  • Recharge: 10s
  • Visual effects: Throws a glowing blue spear high into the air. When it lands, it sticks into the ground, creating a symbol around it.
  • Numbers: Grants 1s of Fury and inflicts 1s of Blind each second. Damage dealt is comparable to other Guardian symbol skills. Symbol lasts for 3s. 900 range.
  • Light of the Heavens
  • Weapon: Mainhand spear 3 (land)
  • Skill description: Calls down an intense ray of light on the target location. Enemies affected are burned and chilled, while allies gain regeneration.
  • Cast time: 1.5s
  • Recharge: 20s
  • Visual effects: a very bright, light blue beam of light from above appears on the targeted location. Nearly opaque, making it hard to see through.
  • Numbers: Each second for 5 seconds, enemies in the target area receive 3s of burning and 1s of chill. Allies receive 2s of regeneration. Deals no direct damage. 150 radius. 900 range.

The intent is to set up Spear as a true DPS ranged weapon with some basic AoE damage capability, as well as giving Guardians a weapon that makes significant, intentional use of conditions (giving burning builds a fairly powerful alternative to the Scepter). While superficially similar to the scepter, the Spear as shown would fulfill those roles far better than the Scepter, while not completely avoiding the Guardian’s supportive aspects. To balance this, the spear has relatively little CC compared to the Scepter (while Light of the Heavens chills enemies that stay in it, enemies are highly incentivized to get out as quickly as possible), and its supportive aspects are a tradeoff between damage and support.

(edited by Kharel Arhew.1437)

in Guardian

Christos de Soufre.3802

It’s like a Paragon with RoJ. I love it. :d

in Guardian

Posted by: Naffy.1493

Naffy.1493

Staff skill #2 (orb of light sux donkey nards)
Whirling staff
Basically staff #1 but 360 degree coverage of the wave.
Each foe struck (up to 5 obvi) grants 1 stack of might to player and allies.
30s cooldown
Visual Effect is the guradian spinning his staff over his head with a bast wave emanating from it

Would be a good complement to AH based builds and sticks to the support theme for staff guardians. Maybe something other than might would be a better boon however.

Tree Dink – Sylvari Guardian
Os of NSP

in Guardian

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

zomg a Virtue?

Me likes this!

+1
that would be a really nice add… but in my opinion a bit too strong.
That would be more equilibrate:

Virtue of Patience – Recharge 60s
Passive: +1% damage dealt, -1% damage taken (for each recharging virtue)
Active: 2s Chill, Range 300.

3s chill are enough to literally destroy an enemy… if it’s aoe… i don’t want to imagine the consequence.
30 sec cd is really low and allow us to spam aoe chilly (remember a 30% cd reduction from traits).
and a reange of 600 will make this skill more effective than 90% of our “ranged” skills XD
another alternative can be

Active: 3s Chill, Range 300 (max 3 enemies)

or another

Passive: -2% damage taken for each recharging virtue (6% less damage is a big bonus…)
Active: Chill your foe for 2sec, Range 900.

anyway great idea! the most sensate one! good job.

in Guardian

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Zealot’s Judgement

Skill description: Summon forth a ray of light upon the land Immobilizing and Burning foes. Also summon additional rays that Cripples and Burn foes.
Recharge: 140 seconds
Visual effect(s): The guardian lifts into the air. The area of the initial beam begins to glow, and where the guardian floats, a beam of light bursts forth. This animation takes up the cast time of the spell. Once it ends four additional beams spawn in front, behind, to the left and to the right of the guardian with a .5 second initial animation. Additionally, four more spawn similarity to the first four, and then a final set afterwards.
Numbers:

• The main beam lasts for 7 seconds after the initial animation. The side beams begin to form after the main beam’s animation and each last for 2 seconds each.
  • The Radius of the main beam is 100. The side beans are 50.
  • The damage, and conditions, tick at the end of each second.
    • Main Beam Damage (7x): 1000
    • Side Beam Damage (2x): 600
    • Immobilize: 1 Second
    • Cripple: 1 Second
    • Main Beam Burning: 2 Seconds
    • Side Beam Burning: 1 Second

Attachments:

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Zealot’s Judgement

Skill description: Summon forth a ray of light upon the land Immobilizing and Burning foes. Also summon additional rays that Cripples and Burn foes.
Recharge: 140 seconds
Visual effect(s): The guardian lifts into the air. The area of the initial beam begins to glow, and where the guardian floats, a beam of light bursts forth. This animation takes up the cast time of the spell. Once it ends four additional beams spawn in front, behind, to the left and to the right of the guardian with a .5 second initial animation. Additionally, four more spawn similarity to the first four, and then a final set afterwards.
Numbers:

• The main beam lasts for 7 seconds after the initial animation. The side beams begin to form after the main beam’s animation and each last for 2 seconds each.
  • The Radius of the main beam is 100. The side beans are 50.
  • The damage, and conditions, tick at the end of each second.
    • Main Beam Damage (7x): 1000
    • Side Beam Damage (2x): 600
    • Immobilize: 1 Second
    • Cripple: 1 Second
    • Main Beam Burning: 2 Seconds
    • Side Beam Burning: 1 Second

nice, something close to what I was thinking, though mine is a bit more basic in terms of design

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Fist of the heavens! (zomg yes I am stealing from D2)
Elite, consecration.
Skill description: Summons a bolt of force from the heavens, striking foes and stunning them, leaving behind an energized area that aids allies and hampers foes.
Cast time: .5s
Recharge: 160
Initial stun 2s
Deals x Damage on initial hit, and y damage over time to foes in effected area. (obviously numbers would need to be fine tuned.)
Duration: 8s
Combo field: Lighting (!!!!!)
Buffs allies with fury for 1s every 1s while in the field
Buffs allies with vigor for 1s every 1s while in the field
Causes burning to enemies while in the field for 1s every 1s
Causes cripple to enemies while in the field for 1s every 1s.

Also just realized that blasino had close to the same idea, just slightly different mechanics lol.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Blasino.3128

But I forgot to add a combo field to mine >.<!

vT

in Guardian

Christos de Soufre.3802

So many interesting ideas so far. :d

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I’ll add another random thought.

•Utility type: Fourth Virtue.
•Skill description: Blessing of the Virtuous.
•Passive: Any boon applied to you (self only) is increased by 10%.
•Active: Blast your target with Virtue-powered boons: For each boon you have, add 100 damage, ie 5 boons = 500 damage to target.
•Recharge: 75 seconds.
•Visual effect(s): Similar to the Torch #5, but more robust and more of a blast than a breath weapon. Also, thrust your hands out like you’re pushing someone. Icon for passive could be a blue flame and the boon icon bar could be highlighted with a blue aura.

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Tome of Tranquility
Type: Transformation Elite
Duration: 20 secs
Recharge: 180 secs

Skill1: Purging Fire – Ground targetted AoE condition removal. Removes 1 condition per ally and burns foes. ( 0.75 cast time, 0 second CD )
Skill2: Empowering Light – Ribbon bounces between allies sharing boons and increasing active boon duration by 50% ( 0.75 cast time, 5 second CD )
Skill3: Wave of Serenity – All allies within cone reduce active condition durations by 50% ( 0.75 cast time, 5 second CD )
Skill4: Cold Embrace – Up to 5 foes within 1200 range are chilled for 5 seconds ( 2 second cast time, 15 sec CD )
Skill5: Sea of Tranquility – Up to 5 foes within 1200 range receive a 50% reduction in attack/projectile speed for 8 seconds ( 4.5 second cast time, 30 sec CD )

Utility: Merciful Intervention – Targeted downed party member is teleported to your current location. Your revive effectiveness is increased by 15% for 5 seconds
Type: Meditation
Cast: 1.5 seconds
Recharge: 80 seconds

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kashien.6278

Kashien.6278

Skill Name – Watchful Gaze
Heal Skill
Cast Time :1 1/2 Seconds
Active : Heals the target area (up to 5 allies) for 500 health +(.450* Healing Power) each second for 10 seconds, granting regeneration for 1 second while in the area each pulse.
Visual Effect : The guardian waves his hand in the air in a blessing, the air around the target area shimmers with a light blue mist on the ground and pulses which each second the guardians eyes glow blue for a second or two while channeling the spell.
Recharge: 75 seconds

Genuine friendship will endure any competition or dispute
Anbringehr-Human Guardian
My Build The Legendary Defender

(edited by Kashien.6278)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kashien.6278

Kashien.6278

Skill Name- Pious Light
Utility Skill Type : Meditation

The guardian focuses his energy into a coalescing ball of blue light, throwing it at the target location, after a small build up, the light launches a few feet into the air, growing larger as it reaches its peak. Once it reaches its peak, the Pious Light will explode, showering the area with an area of affect mist that grants Healing to allies (max 25) caught in the area. The pious light can be detonated early for a decrease in healing, but grants regeneration and protection to allies remaining in the mist.

Upon Early Detonation : 200 healing + (.250 * Healing power), 3 seconds of protection, 3 seconds of regeneration per second, for 10 seconds leaves a combo field : Light

Upon Detonation : 3500 Healing + (.450* Healing Power)

Recharge : 90 seconds

Genuine friendship will endure any competition or dispute
Anbringehr-Human Guardian
My Build The Legendary Defender

(edited by Kashien.6278)

in Guardian

Posted by: Abraxius.6429

Abraxius.6429

Lol screw making 1 up XD i would give all of my appendages to have the engineer trait Automated Response(Immune to conditions at 25% health!)

The Lawful Danyyle
(Reality is Unbalanced)

in Guardian

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Name: Sight Beyond Sight (or maybe something lore friendly, like ‘divine guidance’)
Description: Increase critical hit chance and crit. damage by 15%, immune to blind and see stealthed foes.
Cast: Instant
Duration: 15s
Recharge: 40s
Visual: Glowing/burning blue eyes

in Guardian

Blasino.3128

Name: Sight Beyond Sight (or maybe something lore friendly, like ‘divine guidance’)
Description: Increase critical hit chance and crit. damage by 15%, immune to blind and see stealthed foes.

Thunder… Thunder… THUNDERCATS… HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vT

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Thunder… Thunder… THUNDERCATS… HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, I might have to start yelling that as a battle cry in WvW. (Charr Guardian here).

in Guardian

Blasino.3128

+1

heck yeah you should!

vT

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

+1

heck yeah you should!

That would be awesome wouldn’t it. That and “SPOOOOOON!” never fails as a battlecry.

in Guardian

Blasino.3128

+1

heck yeah you should!

That would be awesome wouldn’t it. That and “SPOOOOOON!” never fails as a battlecry.

TICK! Quick someone make a blue guardian and make this their battle cry.

Ok I’m derailing the thread, please someone make a skill >.<.

vT

in Guardian

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

Paragon Signet —
Skill description: Gain Fury, Swiftness, and Might (5) for 30 seconds.
Cast time: 1/4
Recharge: 60 seconds
Visual effect(s): none

(yeah I ripped of signet of rage for the guardian. How awesome would this be though?)

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Paragon Signet —

(yeah I ripped of signet of rage for the guardian. How awesome would this be though?)

what would be the passive?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

Paragon Signet —

what would be the passive?

haha I didn’t even think about that (who would ever use the passive with a signet like that right?) But really, Movement Speed bonus would be amazing.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vyniea.2054

Vyniea.2054

Martyr

Skill type : Elite
Elite type : Spell
Skill description The Guardian ends his own life and uses the lost life force to bring his allies back from the dead, even incapacitated.
Cast time : 5 seconds
Recharge : 120 seconds
Visual effect(s) : The Guardian starts floating in the air and is slowly consumed by blue flame as visible energy is projected outward
Numbers : 5 allies affected max.

Hopefully not done, I haven’t read them all yet!

in Guardian

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

I’m too lazy for a full tidy layout like above.

I’d like though, if they allow for weapon skill swap outs, a couple of new skills for the shield. I love wearing shields but the shield right now is a bit useless for me (don’t PVP much). I’d love 4 to be something like: Raise your shield and blind all foes in a cone in front of you – could call it Mirrored Shield or something. The 5 ability: I’d like something like a block, something similar to the warriors or to how the focus works. Or perhaps a shield slam – slams the target for damage and stuns or knocks them down or dazes. Anyway if there was a shield like that I’d use it all the time in PVE.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i freaking love Thunder Cats!

and heh, funny how this thread came up right before ANet announces new skills / traits. how awesome would it be if ANet chose one of YOUR ideasD

lot of good stuff in here so far.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Utility type consecration
Skill description: place a ring of fire on the ground for 10 seconds, absorbs 10% dmg dealt done to allies. Reflect the damage at the end of the duration to all enemies remaining in the circle
Cast time: 1/2 seconds
Visual effect(s): fire field

in Guardian

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

Paragon Signet
Passive: CD on virtues is reduced by 1sec per skill used while in combat
Active: Gain Fury, Swiftness, and Might (5) for 10 seconds.

-corrections-
that would be a nice on XD

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

i freaking love Thunder Cats!

and heh, funny how this thread came up right before ANet announces new skills / traits. how awesome would it be if ANet chose one of YOUR ideasD

lot of good stuff in here so far.

I think Christos was tipped off and decided to ask the community for new skill ideas he could relay to Anet.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Boon.3627

Boon.3627

Utility type (consecration):
Skill description:Chill and damage foes in target area (120 radius) for 4 seconds
Cast time: .5s
Recharge: 45 seconds
Visual effect(s):Gaurdian does normal action when casting aoe thingy (raise hand in some fashion as all races do). The targeted area prob has some light particles with some blue stuff for the animation. (generic lol)
Numbers: 1.6k dmg?
Range: 900 or 1200
no combo field. light combo if i’d take one.

kinda took the chill idea from glacial heart into a utility.

I like the idea of having some light cc for gaurdians-
useful for bunk gaurds but not too strong.
prob more useful for dps gaurds if they become more popular. helps the abense of melee dmg classes getting the low end of the stick at times in fights

(edited by Boon.3627)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aven.7295

Aven.7295

i think there is an Overwhelming agreement…. Guardians need to inherit
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/a/ab/User_Gah_My_Name_Cant_Fi_3xRoJ.jpg
this.

Also…

wouldnt mind something like this for my sheild

Aven Scorchfield, lvl 80 Guardian
Server: Maguma
Guild: Judgement [Eye]

in Guardian

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

Skill Name: Avenge
Elite type (shout, transformation, summon, etc.): Shout
Skill description: for each nearby downed ally (maximum 5) gain 80 power, precision, toughness, vitality, and 200 healing power for 10 seconds.
Cast time:1 second
Recharge:3 minutes
Visual effect(s):like the human racial “reaper of grenth” but with blue flames instead of black.
Numbers: range 1000 to qualify “nearby”

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

(edited by Envy.1679)

in Guardian

Posted by: Jarettellis.7813

Jarettellis.7813

Skill Name: Conviction
Elite type: Transformation
Skill Description: Transform into a burning paragon of inspiration for your allies, as you charge the battlefield gaining 5 new skills. (lasts 20 secs, 30 when traited for elite extension) (180 sec cooldown)
Skills:
Burning Passion: Gain swiftness and cause burning in an aoe every 3 secs (lasts 6 secs) (15 sec cooldown)
Oath of the Faithful: Pull all conditions on allies to you, and each condition causes 1 sec of burning on yourself. (5 ally limit) (45 sec cooldown)
Retribution: Release a burst of pbaoe damage that triggers more damage the less health you have. (25 sec cooldown) (900 range)
Cant touch this: (2 sec) evade. (7 sec cooldown)
There’s Nothing to Fear: Breaks stun, and grants stability up to 10 allies. (35 sec cooldown)

Cast time: 1 1/2 second.
Visual Effect: Surround yourself in a fiery aura (like #4 on torch)
Effects on cast: Gain double toughness, vitality, and power.

-Sort of like juggernaut, but this was created in mind to allow a guardian to have a fun time as it smashes a siege line. Allowing it ample support and damage potential.

Vikings with Attitude (Zerk)

in Guardian

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

i think there is an Overwhelming agreement…. Guardians need to inherit
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/a/ab/User_Gah_My_Name_Cant_Fi_3xRoJ.jpg
this.

Also…

wouldnt mind something like this for my sheild

Considering how we already have two/three adaptations to Ray of Judgement in this thread, I’ll have to agree with you! xD

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Guardian

Posted by: McClueless.1974

McClueless.1974

“Hang in There!”
Skill Type: Shout
Description: Up to 3 nearby downed allies lose their health 33% slower (5 seconds) and are given protection (5 seconds). Applies swiftness when said allies are revived (8 seconds).
Instant cast
75 second cooldown
Obvious visual is the guardian yelling the phrase.

This would be so useful for PvE and PvP because it plays on the nature of trying to keep allies alive and getting them to safety. The CD could be increased so thakittens not abused, but I like it.

Side note – the 33% decrease in health loss is for the deteriorating nature of downed state. Not the damage they’ll take.

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

I thought being more dervish was in order with this:

Weapon: Scythe

Skill #1
Skill description: Basic auto attack chain that adds boons.
Cast time: 1/2s
Recharge: n/a
Visual effect: Swing to the left, then right, and finally upwards.
Numbers: Around the same damage as the Greatsword auto attack. The first attack adds 3s of might, the 2nd adds 3 seconds of regeneration and the 3rd adds 3s of protection.

Skill #2
Skill description: Single target attack that does increasing damage based on the amount of boons used.
Cast time: 1s
Recharge: 5s
Visual effect: A mighty sweep across the enemy.
Numbers: Does damage equal to an auto attack and consumes all boons on the guardian. For each boon consumed it increases the damage by 20%.

Skill #3
Skill description: An Aoe that is uncapped based on boons used.
Cast time: 1s
Recharge: 10s
Visual effect: A spinning sweep with the scythe.
Numbers: Hits up to 5 people +1 more for each boon consumed. Does damage equivalent to WW or Mighty blow.

Skill #4
Skill description: Symbol that Chills foes and applies fury to allies.
Cast time: 1.5s
Recharge: 15s
Visual effect: Character reaches into the air and pulls down placing a symbol when finished.
Numbers: Lasts for 4s.

Skill #5
Skill description: Links the guardian with a foe. Each time the foe gains a boon the guardian gains the same one and when the guardian consumes a boon one is consumed from the linked foe for each boon consumed on the guardian.
Cast time: 2s
Recharge: 30s
Visual effect: A beam of light links the guardian with his linked foe.
Numbers: Lasts 8s.

in Guardian

Blasino.3128

“Hang in There!”
…..

I dunno why I laughed so hard at this. I’m imagining us as a motivational speaker saying, “Hang in there guys! You can do it!”

vT

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Skill Name: Avenge
Elite type (shout, transformation, summon, etc.): Shout
Skill description: for each nearby downed ally (maximum 5) gain 80 power, precision, toughness, vitality, and 200 healing power for 10 seconds.
Cast time:1 second
Recharge:3 minutes
Visual effect(s):like the human racial “reaper of grenth” but with blue flames instead of black.
Numbers: range 1000 to qualify “nearby”

actually name for this would be “I will Avenge You” – btw. hey there was similar warrior shout back in gw1

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles