Create a Skill: Guardian Edition

in Guardian

Posted by: McClueless.1974

McClueless.1974

“Hang in There!”
…..

I dunno why I laughed so hard at this. I’m imagining us as a motivational speaker saying, “Hang in there guys! You can do it!”

WTB Morgan Freeman voice-over

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Skill Name: “Screw you guys! I’m going home”
Type: Shout
Description: Guardian throws his weapons onto the ground an stomps off in the direction of the nearest spawn point. Guardian is invulnerable but unable to perform any skill actions until they reach the waypoint.
Cooldown: 180
Cast time: instant

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: McClueless.1974

McClueless.1974

^^ New elite skill!

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

Haha aka The Cartman!

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Elite type: Transformation
Skill description: The guardian temporarily loses its identity and lets an ancient force take over his soul. Granting the guardian 20% extra damage at the cost of lowering armor by 20% and gaining the agony debuff ticking for 50% of its health over the duration of the skill. During the transform the guardian gains extra weapon effects:

- Wirlwind lasts for 12 seconds.
- Scepter autoattack orb increased in size to the shape of staff #2. The orb is now homing for the duration.
- Scepter smite increases its durations and area on effect radius by 150%.
- Mighty blow has its damage increased to 100% and knockdowns every target affected.
- Flashing blade will not trigger its cooldown for 6 seconds after use.
- Protectors strike will last for 10 seconds.
- Ray of judgement will bounce 25 times between enemies and the beam will be twice as large and will be unblockable.
- Shield of absorption will last for 10 seconds, during this uptime the guardian can move and use other spells.
- Cleansing flames will deal its damage instantly and in the form of a giant explosion.
- Line of warding will grant 3 seconds of absoluteness. Stability and stunbreakers will not work for the duration.
- Empower will last for 12 seconds not granting might stacks anymore but instead pulses with healing explosions for the amount of healing done at the end of the skill.

Cast time: 10 seconds
Recharge: 360 seconds.
Visual effect(s): The guardian gains a black aura around him and grows twice as large (like the box ’o fun effect)
Numbers: duration is 30 seconds.

I’d love to see this hitting the servers :P

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

A grand master trait named Unwavering Perseverance, preferably in the zeal tree, unlocks a 4th virtue, which has the following mechanics:

~Virtue of Perseverance~

Passive State: Run Speed Increased by 15%
Active State: You and your allies gain 5 seconds of fury.
-Cool down: 25 seconds.
-Cast time: instant

Additional item: Change the inner fire trait so instead than giving you fury when you are set on fire, the cool down of this virtue resets whenever you are set on fire.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

in Guardian

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Skill name: Fiery Resolve
Weapon: Scepter
Skill description: Blast your enemies with fire and heal your allies, any allies the flame comes into contact with receive the same effects as the caster
Cast time: 1 sec
Recharge: 1 sec
Visual effect(s): A ball of flame
Numbers: Range 1200, (If enemy) Damage 80, Burning 1 sec, (If ally) Healing 100 + 0.6 * Healing Power, Fury 1 sec

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

I really want to see alternative skills to current weapon set, where you could change your #1 for another #1 skill and so on. It would provide a lot of customization and varity of build. (I’m not good with names =P)

My suggetions to alternative (imagine mixing these skills with the current set):

Shield:
#4: “Seek the Evil”. Cooldown 20 sec. Range: 600.
- Throws your shield to hit up to 5 enemies (similar to shield of avenger command) and apply 3 sec of weakness. Deals around ~3k per hit.
#5: “Symbol of the Gods” – Duration: 3~5 sec (ticks). Cooldown: 30 sec.
- You place a symbol that applies aegis during the time.

Focus:
#4: “Holy Blessing”. Duration (channeling) 5 secs, Cooldown 25 sec. Radius: ???
- Heals yourself and nearby allies up to ~3000 during time. You get stability and protection during the channel.
#5: “Martyr of the Innocents”. Duration: 10 sec, Cooldown: 30 sec. Radius (leash too): 900.
- Every ally around takes 50% less damage. You take 15~25% of the full damage.

Sword:
#1: “Slash”. Chain.
- Each hit applies bleed (or some condition that isn’t burning!).
#2: ???
#3: “Symbol of Fierceness”. Duration 5 secs(ticks). Cooldown: 15 sec.
- Make a symbol that applies fury.

Also, in that way you could use the same weapon in 2 sets. Each one in a different way.

============
Traits:
There are a lot of useless traits, so some suggestions:

Replace “Healer’s Retribution” (I – Radiance) to “Sacred Pain”:
- Vulnerability deals damage over time (condtion): Why? This would work something like Terror of Necros, allowig Guardians to go into a heavy condition damage style. Also they could add vulnerability into sword #1 chain (1 stack of vulne per hit for 5 sec – up to 5 stacks in all chain).

“Powerful Blades” :
- Also have a 33% chance to apply 1 stack of vulnerability (1~3 sec) in critical hits. Why? This whould synergy well with the “Sacred Pain” (the previous suggestion).

Replace “Shimmering Defense” with “Spiritual burning” (can be moved to master or grandmaster tier):
- When you apply burning, your burning stacks in intensity as well. Each further stack deals the same damage as bleed. Why? This also allows to burning and cond dmg play style to be more effective.

Sorry for my english.

(edited by Mikau.6920)

in Guardian

Posted by: Shard.4372

Shard.4372

Skill #1: Radiant Light (Heal)
Skill Type: Meditation
Description: Call down a Radiant Light at a target location, blinding foes and healing allies that are inside the light. Applies heal and blind once per second.
Cooldown: 30-40 seconds
Duration: 6 seconds
Combo Field: Light
Cast Time: 1 1/4 seconds
Heal to self: 1,000 per tick (6,000 total)
Heal to allies: 400 per tick (2,400 total)
Blind: 1 second (6 total)
Radius: 240
Range: 900
Visual Effects: A beam of white/yellowish light shines at a slight angle down where you placed Radiant Light, allies inside of it glow yellow and foes glow red.

It is sort of like the Thief pistol #5 move Black Powder, but adds 2 seconds and heals allies.

Skill #2: Soul Fire (Elite)
Skill Type: Meditation or Transformation (or none, not sure)
Description: Fuel you soul with a holy fire, increasing damage, healing, armor, and health.
Cooldown: 180-240 seconds
Duration: 6-10 seconds (10-15 traited)
Cast Time: 2 Seconds (Immobile while casting)
Damage Increase: 50-100% depending on weapon
Healing increase: heal skills increased by 25-50%, utility increased by 50-100%
Health increase: 10-25% or 5,000, lost when effect ends
Armor increase: adds 500 armor, lost when effects ends
Visual Effects: Adds a blue flame to your weapon (MH/OH and 2H), and your armor turns a guardian blue

Skill #3: Master of Virtues (Elite)
Skill Type: Meditation or none
Description: Your mind expands, gaining mass knowledge about your virtues, giving them bonuses. You also gain a 4th virtue for the duration of the skill. All Virtues are reset but cannot be activated for the duration of the skill.
Cooldown: 180-240 Seconds
Duration: 10 seconds (20 Traited)
Virtue of Justice: Doubles passive burn duration and applies every 3rd hit (2nd if you have Supreme Justice)
Virtue of Resolve: Passive heal is doubled and ticks every second
Virtue of Courage: Aegis is applied when MoV is activated and is applied every 10 seconds (You get 2 for the duration of the skill, 3 if traited) and Aegis blocks twice.
Fourth Virtue: Only active when MoV is active, Persists for 5 seconds after MoV has ended. Cannot be activated when MoV is is active, but can for the 5 sec afterward.
Virtue of Judgement: Passive-Increases Crit damage by 15-25%
Active: Stuns the target for 2 seconds

These are the skills I’ve thought of, so enjoy!

Xian Mistlock, 80 Herald
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: [EDGE] Journeys Edge

in Guardian

Posted by: Psycosi.4670

Psycosi.4670

Skill Name: Primordial Flame
Skill Type: Elite
Elite Type: Transformation
Skill Description: Take on the form of the Almighty first flame
Cast Time: 1/2s
Duration: 60s
Recharge: 240s
Visual Effect(s): Transform into a “white hot” version of a fire elemental, radiating light and heat from your body.

Skills During Transformation:

Skill 1(auto attack): Ancient Flame
Skill Description: Throw out white hot orbs of fire at your opponent
Range: 1200
Recharge: 1/2

Skill 2: White Whirl
Skill Type: Symbol
Skill Description: Spin on the spot violently burning the surrounding area
Symbol Radius: 180

Skill 3: Inner Light
Skill Type: Channel
Skill Description: Radiate an intense light curing conditions and granting nearby allies swiftness and regeneration with each pulse.

Skill 4: Inner Anger
Skill Type: Shout
Skill Description: Burn fiercely granting all nearby allies Fury/Might and retaliation.

Skill 5: Wrath of the Gods
Skill Type: Channel
Skill Description: Deal Massive damage to the surrounding area causing knockdown
Visual Effect: A white hot pillar of fire beams down from the heavens torching the ground around the player.

Above skills recharge/area of effect/ range and or radius etc would vary based on overall power so i have left them blank.

Just some crazy ideas, id love to see another transformation though since so far i have found the norn transforms to be a little… worthless, not sure why.